Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is like saying it's tough say if Dak would have any picks if the Defense did not give up an opening drive TD.
We can characterize or spin however we choose. But neither our QB’s or defense performance is going to win many games in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once again, more lies from you. The Defense gave up TDs first. They never showed up. As for the INTs, you can't even prove Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley wrong, so your opinion means absolutely nothing but some more personal bias.
There was plenty of blame to go around including him.

If you haven’t noticed in this thread I’ve actually attempted to provide more of a balanced view not holding either the defense or QB as more responsible .

But your all out effort to defend our QB is more bias than anyone I’ve seen in this thread.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes. When you have 1 WR that they attempt to shut down and no running game. That is creates a lot of weaknesses.
Yea , but it’s not just that. Better defenses cause havoc against Dak shutting down our running game forcing him to go over the top. That was even when Zeke was in his prime and we had a better OL.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There was plenty of blame to go around including him.

If you haven’t noticed in this thread I’ve actually attempted to provide more of a balanced view not holding either the defense or QB as more responsible .

But your all out effort to defend our QB is more bias than anyone I’ve seen in this thread.
Baloney. I asked you to prove Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley wrong about whom they were holding accountable for those two INTs vs Green Bay. All you do is just blame Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Baloney. I asked you to prove Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley wrong about whom they were holding accountable for those two INTs vs Green Bay. All you do is just blame Dak.
At the end of the day it is a team sport and the team did not play well. Plenty of blame to go around. With that said not all Int's are 100% on the QB. Looked like bad play designs, bad personnel choice putting Cooks in a route he is not good at running, poor decision or bad throw and good defensive play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At the end of the day it is a team sport and the team did not play well. Plenty of blame to go around. With that said not all Int's are 100% on the QB. Looked like bad play designs, bad personnel choice putting Cooks in a route he is not good at running, poor decision or bad throw and good defensive play.
:hammer: Correct.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have no idea what you’re referring to with Warner and Beasley. Remember I don’t t watch or follow national noise.

And no I have blamed the defense just as much if not more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak would need to AVG 278 yd passing per game, which means a lot of 300 yd games.
Also would need to play all 17 games.
I hope he misses it by 1 yd ! lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s always several contributing factors .

Just like TD passes which the QB gets credit can often be more credited to the play design, the route run , the excellent reception and or poor defense.

All int’s can have equally distributed factors like tipped balls, receivers running wrong route, slipping or great defensive effort. In the end though they are a stat the QB has to live with regardless the circumstances. And some QB’s have a better sense or instinct for those situations to avoid the mishaps whether it’s avoiding a sack, fumble or interception.

Did our QB make the best decision in those circumstances. Could they have been avoided. That can be debated. There’s always room for discussion . No doubt many int’s aren’t the QB’s fault.

I also know teams can overcome those poor decisions or circumstances . We didn’t . Partly because our defense performed so poorly as well . But it’s often difficult to overcome the swings in momentum those circumstances present. Especially against playoff caliber teams.

Both sides of the ball performed poorly that day. It was a total team turd. I blame all 53 players and coaching. They all have to own up.

cowboyed

Reaction score
No doubt Dak has to perform better in the playoffs, but that's along with his teammates on both sides of the football. You can't solely credit him for all his passing productivity and neither can you solely discredit him for falling short in the playoffs. That stated Dak may never be able to up his level of performance in the highly competitive post season but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the sum of all his experience to date might finally get him there this year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cool, different eras and such, Aikman averaged about 29 pass attempts per game over his career of 165 games, Dak averages 34 pass attempts per game in 114 career games