Twitter: Dak Prescott king of TDs when blitzed

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
As much arguing that goes on around here about Dak, you'd think maybe people would just stand back and watch this guy become one of the best QB's in the league.

I get the trepidation when he was tossing ducks out there. But it isn't just the fact he's become a surprisingly accurate passer. But Dak has grown into a leader. Something you see in Brady. Dak's confidence, and his work ethic are just in rarified air now days. This team rallies around Dak. They believe he can take them to the promised land. Me too!

I am one of the gray beards on this site. I have to tell you that standing around and complaining about this guy is wasted time and air. If the front office can keep a steady cadre of talent around him, this guy will be wallpapering the Star with Super Bowl skins.
Agreed, I am 61 so not sure if I qualify as a grey beard, but been a fan for 46 years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to just stop posting my thoughts about Dak because his fans go freaking berserk if someone disputes their account of things...Dak can do not wrong, and I will just stop posting...it gets tiring. I make a comment,,,,wrong! That was a play they designed, no luck involved.

Have a good time, you Dak lovers! smmfh!

Those who cover the NFL have said the same thing about the play. Look Dak has thrown balls into double coverage at times, those are mistakes. Claiming he can do no wrong? I don't know of a QB in the NFL who can't do wrong. They all make mistakes within a game and within a season. As for Dak lover? I love the fact he is the QB of the Cowboys and is putting up a quality season based on any metric you choose to use. What I don't get are those who are so opposed to Dak and unwilling to even admit he is playing very good football. hell I give credit to opposing players on teams I don't like but a person play is what it is. Dak play has been outstanding this season and I'm sorry if that offends some Cowboy fans, amazing I never thought I would see the day when Cowboys fans get upset with good play from a Cowboys QB. That is what blows me away

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
When a person does push back against the facts, when they simply cannot admit they were wrong in any circumstance? What in their psychological makeup makes it impossible for them to admit they were wrong, even when it is obvious they were? And why does this happen so repetitively — why do they never admit they were wrong?

The answer is related to their ego, their very sense-of-self. Some people have such a fragile ego, such brittle self-esteem, such a weak "psychological constitution," that admitting they made a mistake or that they were wrong is fundamentally too threatening for their egos to tolerate. Accepting they were wrong, absorbing that reality, would be so psychologically shattering, their defense mechanisms do something remarkable to avoid doing so — they literally distort their perception of reality to make it (reality) less threatening. Their defense mechanisms protect their fragile ego by changing the very facts in their mind, so they are no longer wrong or culpable.Tthat is the majority of Dak haters.
Are you a Shrink ? LOL
It is a shame that their are some fans that just can't enjoy having a top 5 QB.
After Quincy Carter and the gang I am very appreciative of Dak.
Maybe the Mods can create a Hate Dak Zone for these folks to hang out in.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Some are not going to like this but to me it seemed like a desperation throw that somehow worked out just fine...they were all in Dak's face, no way he could actually zero in on that pass.

If you watch Voch's video of that 2nd throw, he explains why it's such a great NFL QB, elite level type of throw. Dak starts to throw the ball well before Cee Dee even gets to the spot in the end zone where it caught the ball.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
When a person does push back against the facts, when they simply cannot admit they were wrong in any circumstance? What in their psychological makeup makes it impossible for them to admit they were wrong, even when it is obvious they were? And why does this happen so repetitively — why do they never admit they were wrong?

The answer is related to their ego, their very sense-of-self. Some people have such a fragile ego, such brittle self-esteem, such a weak "psychological constitution," that admitting they made a mistake or that they were wrong is fundamentally too threatening for their egos to tolerate. Accepting they were wrong, absorbing that reality, would be so psychologically shattering, their defense mechanisms do something remarkable to avoid doing so — they literally distort their perception of reality to make it (reality) less threatening. Their defense mechanisms protect their fragile ego by changing the very facts in their mind, so they are no longer wrong or culpable.Tthat is the majority of Dak haters.
It's obvious.. Has nothing to do with ego...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok i seen 1 do it not the other so that's fair Now stop and think how many do the reverse
These guys I mention say four.

We got got six people dominated the agenda, trolling each other...then complaining about it. But the TWO? beech the MOST about the numbers...while they MAKE the numbers higher.

It's infuriating. They claim claim they are don't it it for the good of the community....no...they are doing it for their own ego.

If you need some examples I can show you...in PM of course to avoid and further rules violation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Those who cover the NFL have said the same thing about the play. Look Dak has thrown balls into double coverage at times, those are mistakes. Claiming he can do no wrong? I don't know of a QB in the NFL who can't do wrong. They all make mistakes within a game and within a season. As for Dak lover? I love the fact he is the QB of the Cowboys and is putting up a quality season based on any metric you choose to use. What I don't get are those who are so opposed to Dak and unwilling to even admit he is playing very good football. hell I give credit to opposing players on teams I don't like but a person play is what it is. Dak play has been outstanding this season and I'm sorry if that offends some Cowboy fans, amazing I never thought I would see the day when Cowboys fans get upset with good play from a Cowboys QB. That is what blows me away
Dooms, you make way too much sense and are too nice.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit to nothing....but I am guilty....:eek:

So what the heck am I being accused of wrongly this time:huh:
Really dude...come on. You think I am that stupid?

Since you asked...I present YOU...telling everyone you troll them. Then have the balls to complain becuase they have too many numbers? You...are as nuts as them. You complain about them while doing the very sane thing....nutjob.

CowboysFaninHouston said:
some of them may have some points thats worth arguing...but a few have nothing to contribute except for trollish comments done on purpose....as a result I troll them right back. :rolleyes:

You need more? I got more If you ask. Admitted troll t hat complains about trolls. Nuts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
These guys I mention say four.

We got got six people dominated the agenda, trolling each other...then complaining about it. But the TWO? beech the MOST about the numbers...while they MAKE the numbers higher.

It's infuriating. They claim claim they are don't it it for the good of the community....no...they are doing it for their own ego.

If you need some examples I can show you...in PM of course to avoid and further rules violation.
If you are talking about me, I have never claimed I do it for good of community. That's your interpretation of it.

I said they posted incessantly, trolling all off season. I am feeding it back to them....if they dare to post stupidity I drag them over the hot coals. I point to their stupidity and sometimes enjoy doing so. As they deserve it. I smack the trolls around.

Childish? Maybe. Do they deserve it? Heck yes.

If I bother u, put me on ignore

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak has done a great job. That said, does this stat really say he is the best under pressure or that out line gives him better protection when he is blitzed? I am sure thre is a middle ground there but it does not say that Dak is the best under pressure. It just says he was blitzed. Zeke stones a lot of blitzers!
Then you guys can't complain about Williams, Biadasz, Steele and Collins since you said he gets great protection. Can't have it both ways

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Really dude...come on. You think I am that stupid?

Since you asked...I present YOU...telling everyone you troll them. Then have the balls to complain becuase they have too many numbers? You...are as nuts as them. You complain about them while doing the very sane thing....nutjob.

CowboysFaninHouston said:
some of them may have some points thats worth arguing...but a few have nothing to contribute except for trollish comments done on purpose....as a result I troll them right back. :rolleyes:

You need more? I got more If you ask. Admitted troll t hat complains about trolls. Nuts.
No. You are wrong. I complained all off season about their stupidity and the number of stupid posts. All off season. None stop. Same content repeated. Same threads started over and over again with exact same content.

Now, I can just smack the same trolls. I troll "them" and their comments. I don't troll u, or anybody else. I don't troll the board. I don't start stupid threads. I simply respond to their comments and highlight it's stupidity. It's giving them a dose of their own medicine....

Go ahead and just put me on ignore. It's a viable available option for u.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's fine. You neverpost disagreement or criticism. You don't go into any thread or comments that you don't fully positively support.

Good for you. But maybe other people have something they want to say that you wouldn't.

Not sure what the bug deal is....let them say it and move on. Kinda like....follow your own advice.
The only one who has a big deal with it seems to be you honestly lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke's pass blocking has a bit to do with Dak's blitz success.

These guys just read each other's minds it seems.

Damn good and underrated point. People really take Zeke's blocking for granted.That half of a second goes a long way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are talking about me, I have never claimed I do it for good of community. That's your interpretation of it.

I said they posted incessantly, trolling all off season. I am feeding it back to them....if they dare to post stupidity I drag them over the hot coals. I point to their stupidity and sometimes enjoy doing so. As they deserve it. I smack the trolls around.

Childish? Maybe. Do they deserve it? Heck yes.

If I bother u, put me on ignore
First off...I never said you claimed it was for the good of the community. Not sure why you are up in arms about it. What I do claim is that we should WANT to be.

The first WELL KNOWN rule of fighting trolls is don;t feed them. You do and then complain about them. It makes zero sense.

I don't put people on ignore. I'm not a **** fascist who needs to shut people up that I disagree with.