Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage

Jarntt

Reaction score
No, that’s not the issue. He has no problem reading defenses. In fact, he’s one of the best in the league. We didn’t have anybody that could get open pay more attention. Just don’t listen to what you think you wanna hear.
You are 100% wrong and just making an excuse for him. Dak absolutely has issues reading zone defenses. It's just not one of his strengths. Just go watch the games. He often seems unaware of defenders "in the area" but not actively trailing the receiver and usually (at least IMO) when he is onto his second or third read and has less time to process it and makes poor decisions because of it. This doesn't mean he isn't a good QB but it is an issue he has and has to work on and my point being the team knows this and should be game planning for it. Like most players, there are things Dak is great at and things he isn't so great at. You seem too sensitive to Dak criticism to accept the latter as not being an indictment of the player overall.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
Love that Dak has the stats - but if he can't win the big games it really doesn't matter to us old-school fans. So please Dak - give us both!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What does the position of where you were drafted matter at all? He can read a defense as well as anybody in the entire league.
Yes he can... the dude literally has one of the lowest INT rates in the history of the league and is in the top 10 all time in pretty much every major passing category that doesn't involve longevity. Passer rating, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, you name it, he's good at it. But all this hand wringing over "how Dak struggles against zone" is nonsense. Dak struggles against teams that can beat his offensive line and blanket his receivers. The following is the list of QBs who don't struggle against that:

GINeric

Reaction score
What does the position of where you were drafted matter at all? He can read a defense as well as anybody in the entire league.

I know that. I'm just saying that a quarterback couldn't do the things that Dak has done if he couldn't read defenses

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are 100% wrong and just making an excuse for him. Dak absolutely has issues reading zone defenses. It's just not one of his strengths. Just go watch the games. He often seems unaware of defenders "in the area" but not actively trailing the receiver and usually (at least IMO) when he is onto his second or third read and has less time to process it and makes poor decisions because of it. This doesn't mean he isn't a good QB but it is an issue he has and has to work on and my point being the team knows this and should be game planning for it. Like most players, there are things Dak is great at and things he isn't so great at. You seem too sensitive to Dak criticism to accept the latter as not being an indictment of the player overall.
You’re welcome to your opinion, you have other issues

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes he can... the dude literally has one of the lowest INT rates in the history of the league and is in the top 10 all time in pretty much every major passing category that doesn't involve longevity. Passer rating, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, you name it, he's good at it. But all this hand wringing over "how Dak struggles against zone" is nonsense. Dak struggles against teams that can beat his offensive line and blanket his receivers. The following is the list of QBs who don't struggle against that:
I wish more people had football knowledge. That post here.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
So far this season we are 0-2 against elite competition; I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that 49er game 6 weeks ago. You win as a team and you lose as a team, but the way that Dak played was troublesome.. He did not exude the confidence that a franchise QB should have; He was bad in the pocket, and bad outside the pocket. He was very hesitant to run when the opportunity was there, and he made bad decisions throughout the game.. His stats in the Eagles game looked good on paper, but his lack of situational awareness, i.e. stepping out of bounds on the 2-point conversion and getting sacked at the most inopportune time determined the outcome of the game. I give Dak credit for being resilient and seemingly making adjustments in the games we've won, but we will need him to be great when it matters the most.