Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage

starfan1

Reaction score
Getting in to FG position is on the arm, bud. You don't fly there. Scoring, regardless, is also on the receivers, blocking, running game, playcalling and a myriad of other factors.
LOL they are literally running out of narratives but they holding on

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Getting in to FG position is on the arm, bud. You don't fly there. Its also on the receivers, blocking, playcalling and a myrid of other factors.
Now we're getting into semantics. If you think getting in position to kick a field goal is comparable to the precision in scoring TD what can I say.
Hopefully, we don't have to rely on a late TD, however, I don't think we've got the O-Line to hold a lead and successfully run down the clock.

Aven8

Reaction score
We just have to figure out a way to avoid SF in the playoffs and we’re good! Lol

starfan1

Reaction score
Man I almost cried looking at it lol. I didn't realize we had all those guys there at the same time. But now that I refresh my memory that was a young Collins who we were working in but man......I remember when we just had to worry about Doug Free and he wasn't even bad.

Leary, Tyron, Martin, Fredericks and Free.....and oh yeah Leary on the bench.
Leary dont get enough credit round these parts. This line took a step back when we lost him and then when Tfred got sick it got worse. Its not chopped liver by any stretch but 14-18 was the bomb. Too bad the other side of the ball was below what it needed to be.

The front office just hasnt been able to put everything together at once. We are close though. Our current line scares me against quality opponents like Philly and San fran and now we lack a running game

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Go search yourself, the thread was in the Summer or look on ProFoorball Ref yourself. Dak's stats were considerably worse compared to his contempories and against his own figures not in the trailing >2/>4 min.
i remember seeing that thread too but i cant find it anywhere.
Funny enough when the game is tied in the 4th he has one of the highest passer ratings

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Now we're getting into semantics. If you think getting in position to kick a field goal is comparable to the precision in scoring TD what can I say.
Hopefully, we don't have to rely on a late TD
Yeah, obviously getting 6 points is harder than 3. So are we looking at receiving stats, running back, oline blocking in these scenarios or just taking for granted that the QB is only only piece that matters?

An example, when needed a FG in the last playoff game vs 49ers what happened nm the last drive before that stupid ball place situation when we ran out of time:

Schultz had back-to-back disastrous plays, first failing to properly get out of bounds on a checkdown from Prescott, which kept the clock running and robbed the Cowboys of nearly 15 seconds that they desperately needed. Schultz also was lackadaisical with his footwork on another throw from Prescott, and only got one of his feet inbounds. That turned first-and-10 from the 39-yard line with six seconds remaining into third-and-10 from the 24-yard line with six seconds remaining.

Jipper

Reaction score
We had 15 penalties in the first playoff game vs 49ers, in which Dak didn't commit any of them.

Name me one quarterback who's overcome 15 penalties in a playoff game vs the 49ers or any other top 3 team and won......

I'll wait......

(I'll guarantee he won't answer this question)
There is no need for me to answer that question, the narrative is still the exact same and you are trying to find silver lining to deflect away from dak not being able to get the team over the hump

You can defend him all you want, i am done - i did it for years and got roasted for it. Until he shows that he can be the qb that can overcome anything (including penalties) to find a way to get the team over the hump, i will only see him a qb that has good to great regular season stats but cant get it done when its top competition and in a meaningful moment.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Leary dont get enough credit round these parts. This line took a step back when we lost him and then when Tfred got sick it got worse. Its not chopped liver by any stretch but 14-18 was the bomb. Too bad the other side of the ball was below what it needed to be.

The front office just hasnt been able to put everything together at once. We are close though. Our current line scares me against quality opponents like Philly and San fran and now we lack a running game
No it truly did. When Leary left is when the dominance stopped especially the run game. Those holes Demarco and Zeke had were a big part of that interior.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Every smart team plays him that way already. The Giants are just spectacularly dumb and insisted on playing man the whole game with replacement level corners.

Everyone knows to play 2 high safeties against Dallas with disguised blitzers bailing unexpectedly late in the cadence. That’s kind of how the whole league is playing D nowadays though and it’s responsible for the downward trend in scoring.
If your front is good enough to stop the run and pressure the passer on its own, then playing zone is the way to go. It forces the QB (any QB) to have to hold the ball longer until receivers can get into open windows, so if you've got a good four-man rush, you're betting on getting pressure before he can get the ball out cleanly.

It really comes down to our offensive line vs. the defensive line with teams that play zone. If they can't give Dak time, he's not going to be able to make them pay.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Imagine what Dak could do if only he knew how to read defenses. :eek:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cards, 49ers, chargers
What metric and what planet are the Chargers a top 10 passing defense? Especially when Dak passed on them at a 70 percent clip and 109 QB rating lol. Cardinals are a top 10 passing defense? Where are you getting these stats from?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Which point is ridiculous, because you've misinterpreted what I said....indeed it looks as if you saw a buzz word and attacked rather than finish reading.

You’ve said he fails when it matters most and that saying this is a team game deflects blame away from dak….both things untrue.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh no, GMO. Are you sure about that? I don't want to prove you wrong around here bro. You might want to double check your information.
Yeah those wins against the Vikings, Iggles and Giants last year don't count because.... well give me a minute and I will think of something..

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sign him to 10 more years! That will do me in. This coming from a 60 year plus fan.
You just don't now give credit where it is earned...you know, not on name but the old fashioned way by doing it. They did good...I started day one when the team was invented...