Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage

triplets_93

Reaction score
Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage

Yawn...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Pic of Dak sucking in 1999 and the real reason we haven't won in 27 years.....

B047NEhCAAA9O_s.jpg

Should've threw for 5 TD's that day.
Had a great Mother.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fair but opponent's have helped too...first real test will come Thanksgiving and then Seattle the week after...go 3 and 0 in this stretch and keep the play at the level its at and I'll give credit
That is line on the ground at the Alamo...number five.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What metric and what planet are the Chargers a top 10 passing defense? Especially when Dak passed on them at a 70 percent clip and 109 QB rating lol. Cardinals are a top 10 passing defense? Where are you getting these stats from?
I think he must be reading the stats upside down because both the Chargers are 31st and the Cardinals are 18th in pass defense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Dak isn't a real quarterback.... yet he's a 4th round pick with a better winning percentage than most 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.... and he's perennially in the top 10 out of 64+ quarterbacks...... then I guess according to your elementary logic, there are only a handful of "real quarterbacks" in the league?

I swear you kids are so entertaining.
What are you talking about. Daks elite and top 2 whens he's playing the Giants. Only problem is he can't play the Giants in the playoffs. Its coming!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I think he must be reading the stats upside down because both the Chargers are 31st and the Cardinals are 18th in pass defense.
This isn't a knock on Dak. I think he's played real good this year. I was reading an article today and it kind of validated my opinions on the Eagles defensive secondary that I described as porous before we played them and why we should have beaten them. Somebody challenged my assertion on the Eagles woeful secondary so I thought I would share this article.

That shouldn’t be possible, but here we are.

Ten weeks into the season, the Eagles have allowed the fifth-most passing yards per game, the third-most passing touchdowns and the most passing first downs and they have the second-fewest interceptions.

The Eagles -- who led the NFL in pass defense last year with a very different group of defensive backs -- have found their way to 8-1, the best record in the NFL, but they’ve had to overcome some huge passing performances to get there.

Already this year, Kirk Cousins, Sam Howell and Dak Prescott have thrown for at least three TDs and 350 yards vs. the Eagles while completing at least 65 percent of their passes.

The Eagles won all three games. They’re the first team in NFL history to win three games in a season while allowing QBs to put up those sorts of numbers and the second team to win consecutive games allowing those numbers. The Chiefs did it the first two weeks of 2018 after beating Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger.

They’re also only the eighth team in NFL history to allow 2,300 passing yards and 19 TD passes and have just four interceptions after nine games and the first to win more than five games.

They aren't a playoff team that can win. Without Hurts they would be a 3 win team.

Last edited:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage...and losses to playoff caliber teams....

GINeric

Reaction score
What are you talking about. Daks elite and top 2 whens he's playing the Giants. Only problem is he can't play the Giants in the playoffs. Its coming!

Nobody said Dak is elite, so please continue to post without the lies kid.

I think you're really mad because Dak has owned YOUR favorite team since he's been in the league. Stay in school lil guy!!

GINeric

Reaction score
There is no need for me to answer that question, the narrative is still the exact same and you are trying to find silver lining to deflect away from dak not being able to get the team over the hump

You can defend him all you want, i am done - i did it for years and got roasted for it. Until he shows that he can be the qb that can overcome anything (including penalties) to find a way to get the team over the hump, i will only see him a qb that has good to great regular season stats but cant get it done when its top competition and in a meaningful moment.
This is exactly my point!!! You can't name me one quarterback in NFL history who has overcome 15 penalties in a playoff game vs a top 3 defense, because it HAS NEVER HAPPENED!!!

Yet.... you are holding Dak accountable for something no other quarterback has been able to in over 100 years of football!!!

Thank you so much for proving my point about the many hypocrites that dwell on this board!!! With that said, what other NFL quarterbacks are you holding to that SAME EXACT standard to do something that has never been done before???

I'll wait.....

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every player has strengths and weaknesses. The problem has been Dak reading zone/off receiver coverage. Look at the interception in the Giants game. The defender was basically sitting right there but because he wasn't actively chasing the WR Dak didn't see him or didn't see the threat. We have seen this a bunch of times over the last few years and how our offense struggled against it. SF plays zone and can get to the QB with 4. This is why they are the team hardest for us to beat and the biggest hurdle to post season success. When Dak rolls the defense breaks down and it is all in front of Dak and he sees it and reads it (and of course has been incredibly accurate on the move). Knowing this as we all do, the coaches need to keep the options simpler for him against these teams. Keep running motion to help him read it is zone. Run slants and crosses to run players through the zone and open up space behind them and at the same time help read if it's man or zone. We can see how this screws up our LBs and they end up chasing and lose their responsibility. I think Dak has shown over and over how he can be great most of the time and struggle in specific situations. It's never going to be easy against a defense like SF but I think we have the players to do it if we play well.
No, that’s not the issue. He has no problem reading defenses. In fact, he’s one of the best in the league. We didn’t have anybody that could get open pay more attention. Just don’t listen to what you think you wanna hear.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The issue is we beat horrible teams but can't beat the big boys. We need to change that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Every player has strengths and weaknesses. The problem has been Dak reading zone/off receiver coverage. Look at the interception in the Giants game. The defender was basically sitting right there but because he wasn't actively chasing the WR Dak didn't see him or didn't see the threat. We have seen this a bunch of times over the last few years and how our offense struggled against it. SF plays zone and can get to the QB with 4. This is why they are the team hardest for us to beat and the biggest hurdle to post season success. When Dak rolls the defense breaks down and it is all in front of Dak and he sees it and reads it (and of course has been incredibly accurate on the move). Knowing this as we all do, the coaches need to keep the options simpler for him against these teams. Keep running motion to help him read it is zone. Run slants and crosses to run players through the zone and open up space behind them and at the same time help read if it's man or zone. We can see how this screws up our LBs and they end up chasing and lose their responsibility. I think Dak has shown over and over how he can be great most of the time and struggle in specific situations. It's never going to be easy against a defense like SF but I think we have the players to do it if we play well.
**GREAT DAK POST AND ANALYSIS ON WHAT TO DO TO BEAT SF'S ZONE DEFENSE!!!**

:clap: :hammer::bow:

GINeric

Reaction score
No, that’s not the issue. He has no problem reading defenses. In fact, he’s one of the best in the league. We didn’t have anybody that could get open pay more attention. Just don’t listen to what you think you wanna hear.

Nobody ever explained to me how a 4th round drafted quarterback can "not be able to read defenses"..... but stay in the top 10 of 64+ quarterbacks most of his career.

Everytime I present that question, they run from it and fail to answer it for some reason.

Qcard

Reaction score
Here's when the low IQ Dak hatin cowards are going to say....

"Quarterbacking league wide is really bad right now. Probably the worse it's ever been".
Exactly...

Dak Haters want to Dumb down the conversation because their Elite QB Annointing Oil has proven to be cheap stripper lotion.. :lmao: :lmao:

IF the Cowboys win a Superbowl with Prescott QB1.....That Superbowl will have the biggest Asterisk Ever!!!!:lmao2:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody ever explained to me how a 4th round drafted quarterback can "not be able to read defenses"..... but stay in the top 10 of 64+ quarterbacks most of his career.

Everytime I present that question, they run from it and fail to answer it for some reason.
What does the position of where you were drafted matter at all? He can read a defense as well as anybody in the entire league.