Video: Dak Prescott No excuses now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never said the line didn't have their problems ( I believe I mention that ). But they were good enough for a postseason.
I disagree. Not when Tyron got hurt. And let's say you are right. This line has to be great. WE have too many resources on it for it not to be great.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
So Dez not running routes, not getting any separation wasn't a problem. Zeke wasn't a problem. Dez wasn't a problem. Our OL missing TSmith wasn't a problem. ZMartin having a down year wasn't a problem.

Pile on Dak.

The WHOLE freaking offense including the coaches was the problem. Dak included.
Now that Dez is gone, a new wippin boy is needed.

Aven8

Reaction score
We go as Zeke goes. That's our star. Dak is not a pin point passer. But he's a winner. He's a stout dude as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We go as Zeke goes. That's our star. Dak is not a pin point passer. But he's a winner. He's a stout dude as well.

Agree.. Zeke might be the best non-QB player in the NFL.. The problem is hes a knucklehead and now we’ve put everything in this knuckleheads hands.

Our coaching stinks, our defense stinks, our QB is limited.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I mean the line wasn't arguably the best, but they were def top 10 and probably better than both SB teams. They were, good enough. Dak has to be better moving and stepping into the pocket.
Dak needs to be better, but watch the games. What pocket.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I disagree. Not when Tyron got hurt. And let's say you are right. This line has to be great. WE have too many resources on it for it not to be great.

Again, not disagreeing with you. Losing a Tyron is a problem for any offense. Ultimately, as I've stated in a lot of threads, this is a coaching problem. But the team was plenty talented to make moves. Dak took a step back and the coaches did a poor job adjusting their game plan to help him out. That's not as much a knock on Dak as it is on the coaches. Dak is a second year player. He has some leeway to improve in his third season. But that doesn't take away the fact that he has poor pocket presence and doesn't step up into the pocket(this is a pretty consistent thing that pops up). But like I said, he still has a year to improve.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Dak needs to be better, but watch the games. What pocket.

I watched the games. Every single one. There are plenty of times, especially after the ATL game, where he would not step in a pocket and rush his throw, throwing off his back foot. It's evident in the very first clip the guy has in the video in the op. ( aside from bumping into lineman, which is mitigated by stepping into his pocket)

Aven8

Reaction score
Agree.. Zeke might be the best non-QB player in the NFL.. The problem is his a knucklehead and now we’ve put everything in this knuckleheads hands.

Our coaching stinks, our defense stinks, our QB is limited.

Romo and Dez were my favorite players. Especially Romo. But it's kind of like that saying, out of sight out of mind. Romo was hurt so long, and Dez played awful last season. I gave up on them both.

This offense reminds me of the Tennessee Titans led by Jeff Fisher. McNair as Dak and Zeke as Eddie George. Very similar.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I watched the games. Every single one. There are plenty of times, especially after the ATL game, where he would not step in a pocket and rush his throw, throwing off his back foot. It's evident in the very first clip the guy has in the video in the op. ( aside from bumping into lineman, which is mitigated by stepping into his pocket)
Its like some of these people are on something. Its a long video in the OP that shows you many times when there is a pocket or the ball could've been thrown this guy still didn't make the right play but this guy you quoted asking about what pocket. Can't make this up lol

WhizKid

Reaction score
Its like some of these people are on something. Its a long video in the OP that shows you many times when there is a pocket or the ball could've been thrown this guy still didn't make the right play but this guy you quoted asking about what pocket. Can't make this up lol

Hey man, that's football, we're fanatics. It comes with the territory. Lol

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

This wasn’t a Dez problem..

The very first clip from that video showed his agenda. He mentioned NOTHING about the fact that the OLineman got walked right into Dak’s lap and he could barely follow through, but goes on about him having to wind up to get the ball down field. He did the same thing in the Dez Wasn’t the Issue video when he blames quite a few of Dak’s errant throws on many variables EXCEPT the glaring one th video showed - pressure in Dak’s face. Reminds me of him talking about the good defensive plays that were made when Dez just didn’t make the damn play against Casey Hayward. 2014 Dez makes those plays. PERIOD!!!!!!!

Wood

Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

This wasn’t a Dez problem..

massive pressure on Dak now. But lets not treat him with kid gloves. He absolutely had input into Dez release. Garrett or Linehan wouldn't even bring up topic of releasing Dez without Dak signing off on it. Has huge potential to blow up on level we have never witnessed yet as fans.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hey man, that's football, we're fanatics. It comes with the territory. Lol
I hear you but like anything I'm not for outright silliness. People can't say water isn't wet because they're a fanatic. People still need some facts behind what they're saying or at least do some research before talking wild. It will help people from looking bad when people with facts come to,the table lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The very first clip from that video showed his agenda. He mentioned NOTHING about the fact that the OLineman got walked right into Dak’s lap and he could barely follow through, but goes on about him having to wind up to get the ball down field. He did the same thing in the Dez Wasn’t the Issue video when he blames quite a few of Dak’s errant throws on many variables EXCEPT the glaring one th video showed - pressure in Dak’s face. Reminds me of him talking about the good defensive plays that were made when Dez just didn’t make the damn play against Casey Hayward. 2014 Dez makes those plays. PERIOD!!!!!!!

Agree on the first play but it doesn’t discredit the entire video. Those other plays he put together actually happened.

WhizKid

Reaction score

All Dak had to do was step up and in, in that first clip. He just kept going back and back. You will a lot of times find a tackle in your lap if you don't know how to maneuver to or in a pocket.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I hear you but like anything I'm not for outright silliness. People can't say water isn't wet because they're a fanatic. People still need some facts behind what they're saying or at least do some research before talking wild. It will help people from looking bad when people with facts come to,the table lol.

I feel it. Facts matter. Context matters. I've just accepted when it comes to football and fans, don't expect too much outside of what and who they support and damning everything else. I live in Cali as a Cowboy fan, I've honestly never had a conversation about Tony Romo without hearing "Tony Homo" in person.