Video: Dak Prescott No excuses now

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.
This wasn’t a Dez problem..

It's not a Dak problem, either. Jerry and Jason (and by default Stephen) have been trying to replicate 90s football in the 21st century using dated schemes. It hasn't worked and won't work, insert any QB you like.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You watch theebs..

Dak has already started to get criticism. Today put him on notice.

Dez was a fan favorite and people are either ok with it, blame the coach or blame Dak.

The Cowboys did the opposite of what they wanted to do.. They wanted to make the offense more Dak friendly but they just cranked up the pressure.
And we all know how good Dak is when pressured.....:muttley:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dallas screwed this Dez thing up tremendously. They put Dak in a bad situation. If he doesn’t deliver then he’ll be the next to go.

How did you come up with Dez being cut makes no excuses for Dak? Dez couldn't run routes. A lot of dropped balls. Tantrums on the sidelines. And this now puts it all on Dak....how? Keep fishing.

The Cleaner

Reaction score
This Dak video is okay, but it is disingenuous. The reviewer cherry picks Dak's worst games in the second half of last season to create his video. You don't grade a quarterback by looking at a lowlight video; if you looked at a 2016 highlight video of Dak you would form completely the opposite conclusion. Dak played poorly in the second half of last season, which this video covers, but was good the prior 24 games. In my opinion there were a couple of reasons why Dak played worse in 2017 than he did in 2016.

First of all, the O-Line was worse. In the first half of the season, La'el Collins had some protection issues, and faced many of the league's best pass rushers but the O-line was generally still good when Tyron was in. In the second half of the season, Tyron missed some time, Dak was hammered in the passing game, and his mechanics broke down.

Secondly, a couple of things happened after the Zeke suspension. Dak appeared to press more, which lead to an increase in bad decisions. Also, the Cowboys stopped running play action, I think they ran 12 play action passes in the three losses to the Falcons, Eagles, and Chargers. This was partly due to pass protection issues, I would guess. The Cowboys need to run play-action passes to be successful with Dak as QB, that is his #1 strength as a passer.

Dak has his limitations as a QB. He doesn't always go through his reads quickly enough, which can cause him to be late of throws. He doesn't throw to the deep middle of the field, and he can't throw the fade properly. He will sometimes check down when there is a guy open downfield. He is not the best guy at throwing receivers open. He was also the best rookie I have ever seen at not getting baited into bad throws, he can be very accurate in the right circumstances, he is a good leader, and he can be great in the red zone. He can still get better.

So with all of that being said, I think if Tyron is healthy next year, and Collins stays it RT, and Zeke plays 16 games, Dak will bounce back. The reason I think so is that Dak had all of these problems at Miss St. in his final year too, and bounced back in his rookie season with Dallas. His mechanics broke down under severe pressure at Miss St. too, he was one of the worst draftable QB's at throwing at covered receivers (but the one of the best at throwing to receivers with separation), and he was inconsistent with his accuracy then too because his mechanics broke down.

Dak is a good but limited quarterback. If you protect him and don't let him consistently get hit, and incorporate both a spread offense and a lot of play action, he will not make mistakes, and he will make enough plays for you to win. I expect that as long as he is Dallas's quarterback, the Cowboys will spend a lot of resources on the O-Line, and will start drafting smaller, quicker, and faster WRs, in an attempt to avoid the problems they had last year. As a Cowboy's fan, I would worry more about Tyron's back than Dak's play at QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great Video ...!!!!!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I have said this for the last few years but sitting in the stadium every week I see williams open all the time. Dak never even looks at him nor did cassel in 15.

No one wants to hear that but Williams ran a lot of deep and intermediate stuff where I would sit in my seat like why are they not throwing him the ball?

The guy who can’t catch with his hands? I wouldn’t throw the ball to him either. He shouldn’t even be in the NFL. I can’t wait until he is cut. Terrible player.

khiladi

Reaction score
But the all-22, because I said do.. butt hurt Dak fans living in denial after watching this video.

Basically everything in this video is spot-on and exemplifies the scouting reports on Dak. Horrible footwork and mechanics, forces the deep ball with awkward mechanics, doesn’t throw his WRs open, poor vision.. late throwing the ball.. poor vision which is why he’s not a pocket QB and the coach has to limit the the offense to half the field. This explains why he’s better on the run outside the pocket, because then it’s not about dissecting as much and the field is limited to the direction he’s running and everything is in front of him and why he’s awful outside the hashes.

Dak sucks as a STArTER and Watson is a beast..

It’s amazing if Dak becomes the scape-goat. Dak is what he is. The reality is the coaches chose this guy over Romo, while not even giving Romo the chance to compete for his job again and was better than Dak on the practice field and even in the one game he played..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The funniest thing is in one of the breakdowns, where every year incompletion is shown, the commentators points out how Dez was actually underpaid because he had to play DB plenty of times, saying Dak should have had at least 20 plus INTs.

I said this in the Denver breakdown of Aqil Talib INTs. Talib was reading Dak’s tendencies the whole time and kept jumping the routes and 3 times in like a two minute span, right before one of the INT returns for a TD, Dez has to break up sure INTs by Dak off of Talib jumping the sideline routes.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez with Dak is like Oladipo with Westbrook in the NBA, except RW is a HOF talent, though he’s a stat ladder. Oladipo is now a legitimate All Star in Indiana with a real offense and touched.

There is no rhythm when it comes to Dak and the WRs and Dez especially, so when Dak finally throws a decent pass, Dez is basically shocked.. it’s hard to maintain mental focus with garbage play like this, especially in these timing-based offenses

blueblood70

Reaction score
seriously OP did you watch the games, DEZ had zero to do with most of the issues Dak had, it was Smith being hurt with no backup tackle that had dak getting killed AND with zeke out at the same time defenses dropped back and just left no short throwing lanes for Dak while the rush got to him quickly..they covered up Bease , twill had drops and bounced INT off his hands as well..the coaches were more to blame than anyone.. Dez leaving changes nothing that caused most of the issues last year.. and when the offense was clicking early on the defense blew the rams and Packers games that we had big leads on.. this was a Team collapse and stop singling out Dez so much and really Dak..it was a unique situation with the onslaught of injuries and suspensions that just derailed this team..not one or two guys ..

laughable Green is still here and he was the ignitor to the downfall of last year bad 4 game loss..

lets say it again
2017 WAS A TOTAL TEAM FAILURE , OFFENSE DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS ALL CONTRIBUTED TO THE 9-7 SEASON AND COACHEDS AND GM INABILTY TO HAVE DEPTH TO COVER THE LOSSES..

Ken

Reaction score
But the all-22, because I said do.. butt hurt Dak fans living in denial after watching this video.

Basically everything in this video is spot-on and exemplifies the scouting reports on Dak. Horrible footwork and mechanics, forces the deep ball with awkward mechanics, doesn’t throw his WRs open, poor vision.. late throwing the ball.. poor vision which is why he’s not a pocket QB and the coach has to limit the the offense to half the field. This explains why he’s better on the run outside the pocket, because then it’s not about dissecting as much and the field is limited to the direction he’s running and everything is in front of him and why he’s awful outside the hashes.

Dak sucks as a STArTER and Watson is a beast..

It’s amazing if Dak becomes the scape-goat. Dak is what he is. The reality is the coaches chose this guy over Romo, while not even giving Romo the chance to compete for his job again and was better than Dak on the practice field and even in the one game he played..
This biased trash and shows an actual elite wr making a play as Watson throws into triple coverage. He shows a hook that was late then shows multiple smoke screens as a way it should be done.

This is horrible and makes me want to start making videos to educate peole about football.