Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

Techsass

Reaction score
Well we're back to thinking like an Offense first oriented team, so that sounds promising. Now if the Defense takes another step up the ladder, we should be in for a great season.

johneric8

Reaction score
Having the 2nd most wins the last 3 years behind Brady is damn impressive.

However, it hasn't translated into playing and winning games in late January which is the standard in Dallas.

Until that changes, my first sentence is basically meaningless.

Some of you are delusional. Dak was a decent defensive performance away from us facing off against against the Saints. Its a team effort to advance so quit acting like dak needs to be even more clutch than he already is. The defense and our coaches needed to ne better prepared. Dak did more than enough to get us to the nfc championship game but the defense was horrendous.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching @PAPPYDOG blow a gasket over and over is so fun!
I'm bringing tissues dear! We'll wipe the blood from those popped veins together baby!

Me blow a gasket over Dak lol now that's funny!
To be honest when our offense is on the field I find it difficult not to fall asleep during the game due to the anemic pace our offense sputtering with Dak at QB.
After Roger,White,Troy,Romo,having to watch Dak is like going to the dentist......zzzzzzzzzzz

NotForLong

Reaction score
He's the same bum he's always been. No talent. No fundamentals. The second he even imagines pressure he's a sandlot mess with a mediocre arm throwing off the wrong foot.

You must carry him. He needs 10 pallbearers.
10 pallbearers:lmao:

But this year will be the Year He Figures it All Out . . . :lmao2:

All I can Say is Thank Goodness they serve Alcohol where I watch the Cowboys Games

TLAMGUY

Reaction score
This will be a big year for him to get better. If all the new/old pieces come into play and he is able to connect, the sky is the limit. Otherwise, with everything the front office has done to make him successful, it will all be on him. GO, COWBOYS!

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's sad that fans appear to be hoping Prescott plays bad. Why?
After 3 years of "Hoping" He becomes a QB. . . we have become resigned to the fact that He is What He is . . So now we just accept it. . . But never will Sugar Coat it . . . Dak is Average to downright Terrible and I HOPE he Improves but it ain't Happening . . . So Now I Hope "Every" other Player on the Team can Carry him. . .

There's only 1 WR that can bail him out . . . So I Hope Amari can Continue to be the Beast He is . . . Zeke is the Only RB in the league Capable of Succeeding against "9" man fronts, So I hope he Can Continue His Greatness

1 Bad Game &Everyone threw the defense under the Bus . . . even though they Carried Dak and his ineptitude in Running an Offense . . . So I Hope that they are so great that even "Dak Dilfer" can add another Notch to His Belt . . . . Another TEAM win . . . In the Super Bowl

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
After 3 years of "Hoping" He becomes a QB. . . we have become resigned to the fact that He is What He is . . So now we just accept it. . . But never will Sugar Coat it . . . Dak is Average to downright Terrible and I HOPE he Improves but it ain't Happening . . . So Now I Hope "Every" other Player on the Team can Carry him. . .

There's only 1 WR that can bail him out . . . So I Hope Amari can Continue to be the Beast He is . . . Zeke is the Only RB in the league Capable of Succeeding against "9" man fronts, So I hope he Can Continue His Greatness

1 Bad Game &Everyone threw the defense under the Bus . . . even though they Carried Dak and his ineptitude in Running an Offense . . . So I Hope that they are so great that even "Dak Dilfer" can add another Notch to His Belt . . . . Another TEAM win . . . In the Super Bowl
Unrealistic at best. It's funny you gave up so quick. Like, from day one.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I don't believe any Cowboys fan "hates" Dak. He represents the Cowboys very well, stays out of trouble, is a good leader, hard worker and seems pretty clutch as well. There's nothing inherent to hate about this young man.

Some are convinced is that "not" the answer to our future QB needs, others are sure he is the savior of the franchise. Most, I believe, just need to see more before they set up in either camp.

Dak will reveal his true value this year or next - but to either anoint or dismiss him with what we have seen so far is premature. Cowboys fans that have not anointed him at this point don't "hate" Dak. We all want him to succeed and there's nothing there to hate.
Very well said.

I'm certainly not convinced, but I hope he improves, and I have zero hate for him.

Johnny23

Reaction score
It's sad that fans appear to be hoping Prescott plays bad. Why?
He's played bad and people like you have made excuses for him. No one wants him to play bad they're just sick of people like you, Cowboys Roy,Jipper,Rockport, and the crew overhyping and average QB. The Dak >Brady circle jerk thread. Without analyzing the numbers and playstyle. Fact it shows that Dak expends more energy to throw for less yards per attempt and gets extra credit for being a more mobile qb.

Why is it sad? On the official forums you actively slammed Dez to the point it was venomous like he killed your favorite pet,slept with your wife/girlfriend and actively tried to ruin your life.

I have been vocal about my criticism of Dak and repeatedly been called a hater or a Romo lover. When I have been honest with my opinion on both guys even when it was favorable to neither.

It's basically the same thing it's just a player you like who everyone else isn't enamored with.

The issue is that for you guys when it's a player you love and ignore their flaws everyone else has to see him with the same rose colored glasses.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well we're back to thinking like an Offense first oriented team, so that sounds promising. Now if the Defense takes another step up the ladder, we should be in for a great season.

Reality is that THIS current offense was designed to be slow and plotting to keep the defense off the field.

But it appears that Garrett is completely incapable of adjusting as we know. At least we have Jones to force his hand. If you recall Garrett coming out and saying that "there would be no major changes with the coaching ", only for Jones to smack him down immediately. Garrett retracted his statement the next day and then it was announced that Moore would be taking over the offense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe any Cowboys fan "hates" Dak. He represents the Cowboys very well, stays out of trouble, is a good leader, hard worker and seems pretty clutch as well. There's nothing inherent to hate about this young man.

Some are convinced is that "not" the answer to our future QB needs, others are sure he is the savior of the franchise. Most, I believe, just need to see more before they set up in either camp.

Dak will reveal his true value this year or next - but to either anoint or dismiss him with what we have seen so far is premature. Cowboys fans that have not anointed him at this point don't "hate" Dak. We all want him to succeed and there's nothing there to hate.

I hate Prescott. I'm not saying it as a joke or to "troll", I really hate him. In fact I can't think of another Cowboys player I ever hated more than Prescott.

Is this some unfair attack on him as a person? No. He simply plays the most important position in all of sports, my team is sadly committed to him for many years at soon to be huge chunks of cap space and he isn't even remotely worthy of being called a franchise QB. The negative impact of this trumps anything we've ever seen from a single player.

Never in my lifetime have the Cowboys done this. There have been years where they didn't have a QB, years where they were desperately searching for one and giving looks to stiffs like Quincy Carter and Drew Henson but never a time where they enthusiastically embraced a bad one as the future of the team. They were never all in like they are now.

So this is why I hate him. I want my team to have a good QB. His presence on the roster prevents it. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I hate Prescott. I'm not saying it as a joke or to "troll", I really hate him. In fact I can't think of another Cowboys player I ever hated more than Prescott.

Is this some unfair attack on him as a person? No. He simply plays the most important position in all of sports, my team is sadly committed to him for many years at soon to be huge chunks of cap space and he isn't even remotely worthy of being called a franchise QB. The negative impact of this trumps anything we've ever seen from a single player.

Never in my lifetime have the Cowboys done this. There have been years where they didn't have a QB, years where they were desperately searching for one and giving looks to stiffs like Quincy Carter and Drew Henson but never a time where they enthusiastically embraced a bad one as the future of the team. They were never all in like they are now.

So this is why I hate him. I want my team to have a good QB. His presence on the roster prevents it. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

I think you’re a closet Dak lover.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's played bad and people like you have made excuses for him. No one wants him to play bad they're just sick of people like you, Cowboys Roy,Jipper,Rockport, and the crew overhyping and average QB. The Dak >Brady circle jerk thread. Without analyzing the numbers and playstyle. Fact it shows that Dak expends more energy to throw for less yards per attempt and gets extra credit for being a more mobile qb.

Why is it sad? On the official forums you actively slammed Dez to the point it was venomous like he killed your favorite pet,slept with your wife/girlfriend and actively tried to ruin your life.

I have been vocal about my criticism of Dak and repeatedly been called a hater or a Romo lover. When I have been honest with my opinion on both guys even when it was favorable to neither.

It's basically the same thing it's just a player you like who everyone else isn't enamored with.

The issue is that for you guys when it's a player you love and ignore their flaws everyone else has to see him with the same rose colored glasses.
Nice rant. Some solid whining here. Find me a better option and I'm all for improving every position. So, before you "think" you understand - try reading.

Why bring Bryant in this? Are you still upset he's not playing? Or Romo, Jesus people, let the man go.

I don't care what you've been labeled. Deal with it?

The current era has been pretty good, so all the nonsense trolling and hate is what is sad. 2 division titles and some postseason action is encouraging.
I don't "love" Prescott half as much as you suggest or that you hate him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's even sadder that supposed men are so immature they think if someone doesn't believe in a player they must be rooting against him.
And then your follow up post is that you hate him. Pathetic. Save the "grown man" speech.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice rant. Some solid whining here. Find me a better option and I'm all for improving every position. So, before you "think" you understand - try reading.

Why bring Bryant in this? Are you still upset he's not playing? Or Romo, Jesus people, let the man go.

I don't care what you've been labeled. Deal with it?

The current era has been pretty good, so all the nonsense trolling and hate is what is sad. 2 division titles and some postseason action is encouraging.
I don't "love" Prescott half as much as you suggest or that you hate him.

They can't help it, they love the passing game. And the "prettier passers" who go down the field more often. And because that's not Prescott's game to this point?

BabyishRareAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They can't help it, they love the passing game. And the "prettier passers" who go down the field more often. And because that's not Prescott's game to this point?

BabyishRareAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif
I mean, maybe? He's certainly not the " gunslinger type." I'm actually in favor of being more conservative. Balanced. Look where the gunslinger mentality got us.

Prescott throws a pretty good ball, just not bombs and gaudy numbers.