Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This makes him feel better.

A grown man. Scolded because some other guy doesn't like the QB on his favorite football team.

He's streetwise, eh? Is it Sesame Street, by any chance?
Dude... you talk and you seriously suck at what you pride yourself upon.
You call peeps garbage and they become contributors.
You call peeps Circus Freaks and they end up important cogs and very good players.
You say dudes will never be NFL players and there they are in the All-Pro.

Shut
The
Hell
Up
You
Fake
Goober

kskboys

Reaction score
The eye test tell me that Dakota is better than Tebow, straight up. But Rayne Dakota is still the living, breathing epitome of Mediocrity
Fair enough. Eli and Flacco are also both the epitome of mediocrity.

If we continue w/ Dak as our QB, the mistake will be to set everything up around Dak. Need a great D and running game, which most QB's need anyway.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I understand the thinking by making Dak have a “prove it” year, but unless he has a fall apart season, putting off his contract will only cost the team more. A deal now will almost certainly be cheaper than waiting.

If the offensive line lives up to their genes and produces where it should be, Dak, Coop, and Elliott will all be Pro Bowlers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hate Prescott. I'm not saying it as a joke or to "troll", I really hate him. In fact I can't think of another Cowboys player I ever hated more than Prescott.

Is this some unfair attack on him as a person? No. He simply plays the most important position in all of sports, my team is sadly committed to him for many years at soon to be huge chunks of cap space and he isn't even remotely worthy of being called a franchise QB. The negative impact of this trumps anything we've ever seen from a single player.

Never in my lifetime have the Cowboys done this. There have been years where they didn't have a QB, years where they were desperately searching for one and giving looks to stiffs like Quincy Carter and Drew Henson but never a time where they enthusiastically embraced a bad one as the future of the team. They were never all in like they are now.

So this is why I hate him. I want my team to have a good QB. His presence on the roster prevents it. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

At least you admit you hate him. That I can respect.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I hate Prescott. I'm not saying it as a joke or to "troll", I really hate him. In fact I can't think of another Cowboys player I ever hated more than Prescott.

Is this some unfair attack on him as a person? No. He simply plays the most important position in all of sports, my team is sadly committed to him for many years at soon to be huge chunks of cap space and he isn't even remotely worthy of being called a franchise QB. The negative impact of this trumps anything we've ever seen from a single player.

Never in my lifetime have the Cowboys done this. There have been years where they didn't have a QB, years where they were desperately searching for one and giving looks to stiffs like Quincy Carter and Drew Henson but never a time where they enthusiastically embraced a bad one as the future of the team. They were never all in like they are now.

So this is why I hate him. I want my team to have a good QB. His presence on the roster prevents it. It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

I understand the sentiment. I used to feel the same way about Nick Hayden.

The rub is that Hayden was a bad player. He was out of the league the moment we cut him. Dak has made 2 pro bowls in three years. Now granted the pro bowl does not demonstrate elite play it does mean he is at least top 1/3 at his position.

Anywho, I do not buy this at all. You were playing draft guru and crowed it was a bad pick 3 years ago. You had this same sentiment then.

I just hope that you find some humor in what you are doing. I find acting foolish not worth it elsewise.

kskboys

Reaction score
I understand the sentiment. I used to feel the same way about Nick Hayden.

The rub is that Hayden was a bad player. He was out of the league the moment we cut him. Dak has made 2 pro bowls in three years. Now granted the pro bowl does not demonstrate elite play it does mean he is at least top 1/3 at his position.

Anywho, I do not buy this at all. You were playing draft guru and crowed it was a bad pick 3 years ago. You had this same sentiment then.

I just hope that you find some humor in what you are doing. I find acting foolish not worth it elsewise.
Funny, but I didn't know that. I know that although he tried extremely hard, he just wasn't talented. The fact that we thought he was a viable starter really scares me.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dak is already a two time pro bowler in 3 years.
Can Dak slobberers at least wait a few years before saying this like it means something? It’s insulting, I’m not senile yet but maybe in a few years I might actually forget that he played in the Pro Bowl because Jared Goff had better things to do (with Dak as a speed bump).

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dude... you talk and you seriously suck at what you pride yourself upon.
You call peeps garbage and they become contributors.
You call peeps Circus Freaks and they end up important cogs and very good players.
You say dudes will never be NFL players and there they are in the All-Pro.

Shut
The
Hell
Up
You
Fake
Goober

He's trolling. When he reads your post I promise you he is sitting there laughing, "He mad." I get the impression he watches a lot of wrestling and likes the villains.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Can Dak slobberers at least wait a few years before saying this like it means something? It’s insulting, I’m not senile yet but maybe in a few years I might actually forget that he played in the Pro Bowl because Jared Goff had better things to do (with Dak as a speed bump).

Sure but that does mean he was next in line. So he is the 3rd best QB in the NFC then. That doesn't exactly suck.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Funny, but I didn't know that. I know that although he tried extremely hard, he just wasn't talented. The fact that we thought he was a viable starter really scares me.

i have no idea what they thought but after watching him get washed downfield like he was being blocked by Larry Allen every few plays used to piss me off.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Sure but that does mean he was next in line. So he is the 3rd best QB in the NFC then. That doesn't exactly suck.
He was at best fifth in line... Goff, Rodgers, Brees and Wilson (alternate) were all named to the team initially. Trubisky was also named before Dak, but only by less than a day believe. Additionally, we have no idea what the process is for the alternates is and whether they go by voting, coaches selections, or just flat out who is available on short notice and not in Hawaii already. I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone with a shred of common sense would have name Dak over Matt Ryan looking at the vast gap in their production, for example, but perhaps Matt was unavailable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He was at best fifth in line... Goff, Rodgers, Brees and Wilson (alternate) were all named to the team initially. Trubisky was also named before Dak, but only by less than a day believe. Additionally, we have no idea what the process is for the alternates is and whether they go by voting, coaches selections, or just flat out who is available on short notice and not in Hawaii already. I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone with a shred of common sense would have name Dak over Matt Ryan looking at the vast gap in their production, for example, but perhaps Matt was unavailable.

Okay 5th out of 16 is still top third. And it is what it is suppositions notwithstanding.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I would like to see what fans thinking of an elite QB actually is.

Brady, heck yes. Rodgers, yes, but yet he only has one ring to show for it.
Wentz? heck no. Goff, showing very good signs, but is he really elite at this point?
Big Ben, yes.
But for Ryan, Stafford, whoever else, what have they done too. Run played in a SB, Goff played in a SB, both lost, but would one say they are elite at this point. Not really.

But many of our own fans won't give Dak the credit, because of their own "dislike" of him. Am I sold on Dak, no not entirely, but can't deny the 32-16 record, 1-2 in the playoffs, which he does not play defense, so don't count that Rams game against him.

I still rather see him this season before a huge contract. But the thing is, if he leads the team to another division title. But we lose in the playoffs, and not his doing, it does not make him a bad QB. Still better than many other teams situation out there.
:clap::yourock::hammer:

keysersoze

Reaction score
I don't believe any Cowboys fan "hates" Dak. He represents the Cowboys very well, stays out of trouble, is a good leader, hard worker and seems pretty clutch as well. There's nothing inherent to hate about this young man.

Some are convinced is that "not" the answer to our future QB needs, others are sure he is the savior of the franchise. Most, I believe, just need to see more before they set up in either camp.

Dak will reveal his true value this year or next - but to either anoint or dismiss him with what we have seen so far is premature. Cowboys fans that have not anointed him at this point don't "hate" Dak. We all want him to succeed and there's nothing there to hate.
This is very untrue

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

You know bloody well why Rodgers got in, and it had nothing to do with his play this past season. He was atrocious and didn't come that close to making the Playoffs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the offensive line lives up to their genes and produces where it should be, Dak, Coop, and Elliott will all be Pro Bowlers.

Ya if only they could give Dak 10 seconds to throw and open barn size holes for Zeke every-down....Hey bud great defenses win Superbowl's not Off-lines who can and will be dominated by any stud def-line!
P.S. Esp when the def doesn't fear the passing game and all they have to do is STOP the run.....!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully Kitna undid whatever change they made to his throwing motion and returned hom to his rookie style.