Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ill put it this way. . .Garrett coaching the 90's team, no Super Bowl. . . Jimmy coaching this team . . . may have something there.
Barry Switzer got one why not the 2016 "Coach" of the year

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly, and we now have a team that's got a lot of bite to it now. Let's see what it can accomplish. I'm hoping that Moore turns out to be what Norv Turner (before my time, of course, as I was born in 1992) was for that offence.
Dang boy! You missed all the best parts!
1991... you could feel the Magic. You just knew they were on the cusp.

Johnny23

Reaction score
He's won far more than his contemporaries have. He's won his division two out of three years. He's won far more games. He wins everywhere outside of some minority if fans opinions here.

Then place your blame in the right place. On a defense that repeatedly fails in the playoffs. To Aaron Rodgers, and most recently to the Rams running game. Those losses are on that side of the ball, not on the quarterback.
To me they're all to blame Dak threw the pick to Hyde and on the last drive his inability to get the job done on 3rd downs we settle for field goals. We needed to score a td on those aforementioned drives and only came away with 3 points. That 11 point swings on the offense and one could argue you can't fault a rookie quarterback in those situations for failing. So shrug and that's just football.

I have faulted the defense but more importantly I fault a front office that's still run by the Jones and their from the "socks to the jocks" mentality. This team hasn't stopped being built the wrong way. People have been brainwashed into thinking it's okay to have subpar talent at DT and safety because the owner doesn't understand fundamentals of football. The importance of controlling the middle of the field. We have a back up and a nickle and dime back who are going to start at safety because they zig when everyone zags.

Dak hasn't won a Super Bowl. I don't care for him at the position if it means he's the guy who might win you a wildcard game once every 3 years. Which is what level he's played at right now.

I believe Dak's just as responsible as the defense because he did not play well enough to win. Just like them he's not good enough to pick up the slack for the other side of the ball. That's the real crux of the problem. Unlike you I am not okay with that fact.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
Barry Switzer got one why not the 2016 "Coach" of the year
I already addressed this and you didn't read it.
However, I will give you the benefit and say this:
You think Switzer could have built that 90's team from the ground up?

Hell no! Jimmy built that foundation and Switz rode it for the one year it kept working without Jimmy.

Lawd Almighty!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well, that remains to be seen with Dak, doesn't it? Our FO has finally built a powerful team that, if Dak does his job, we should be able to make at least the NFCC. I happen to think it's Super Bowl caliber. My only reservation is safety at the moment. If our dline can do their job, then safety shouldn't matter to much. Oh, and we need no more suspensions or injuries. If we can manage to keep those low and our dline helps our secondary, watch out.
I am with you brother .I pray Dak can "Put" it together this year . . . I give him 4-6 games to show improvement, if not then He is what he is and he's never gonna improve

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dang boy! You missed all the best parts!
1991... you could feel the Magic. You just knew they were on the cusp.

I did. However, I must say that I feel that magic returning to us. Maybe it's just me being a centaur on here lol. But I really do feel the magic on this team. If we stay healthy, I think we're in for a magical season.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I already addressed this and you didn't read it.
However, I will give you the benefit and say this:
You think Switzer could have built that 90's team from the ground up?

Hell no! Jimmy built that foundation and Switz rode it for the one year it kept working without Jimmy.

Lawd Almighty!
I didn't know you were talking about being the GM of the team. . . I thought you were talking Coaching

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am with you brother .I pray Dak can "Put" it together this year . . . I give him 4-6 games to show improvement, if not then He is what he is and he's never gonna improve

I'll be more lenient, being the fan I am. Especially with it being a new OC. So I'll be more lenient with that. I'm a rather optimistic chap, so I'd hope he'd improve and all. Also, I have to see how Zeke's situation plays out. However, if Zeke doesn't get suspended for 2 or more games, i expect at least an NFCC appearance. I don't care how we get there. Just get there. Like I said, I think this is a Super Bowl team, but the NFCC would be a great start.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I did. However, I must say that I feel that magic returning to us. Maybe it's just me being a centaur on here lol. But I really do feel the magic on this team. If we stay healthy, I think we're in for a magical season.
For that to happen Dak will have to grow a Horn and become a Unicorn . . . instead of being a Donkey

Corso

Reaction score
I didn't know you were talking about being the GM of the team. . . I thought you were talking Coaching
Weak. Totally weak. Put Garrett as the coach of the team in 1989. How many Super Bowls do they win?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For that to happen Dak will have to grow a Horn and become a Unicorn . . . instead of being a Donkey

Haha, well, I'm half horse or, sometimes, a horse here. And I talk. So there's that. I'd say Dak is actually a bit closer to a horse/unicorn than a donkey. He's quite smart. Just needs to be better with his footwork.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'll be more lenient, being the fan I am. Especially with it being a new OC. So I'll be more lenient with that. I'm a rather optimistic chap, so I'd hope he'd improve and all. Also, I have to see how Zeke's situation plays out. However, if Zeke doesn't get suspended for 2 or more games, i expect at least an NFCC appearance. I don't care how we get there. Just get there. Like I said, I think this is a Super Bowl team, but the NFCC would be a great start.
If Dak is gonna improve it will be with his Mechanics and we all will be able to recognize that right away . . . Its not the play calling . . . its his pocket presence and awareness. . . That's the poor coaching I don't understand . . . 3 full years without it being addressed is criminal . . . If they have been addressing it and this is the out come then Dak is uncoachable

Which is it? Is Dan Incapable of learning to be a QB or are the coaches that weak in teaching? . . . Its the same coaching staff except for Kitna . . . Which leads me to believe the Problem will not be addressed

Our whole Season hinges on Kitna

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Dak is gonna improve it will be with his Mechanics and we all will be able to recognize that right away . . . Its not the play calling . . . its his pocket presence and awareness. . . That's the poor coaching I don't understand . . . 3 full years without it being addressed is criminal . . . If they have been addressing it and this is the out come then Dak is uncoachable

Which is it? Is Dan Incapable of learning to be a QB or are the coaches that weak in teaching? . . . Its the same coaching staff except for Kitna . . . Which leads me to believe the Problem will not be addressed

Our whole Season hinges on Kitna

Agreed. In terms of what Dak learns from Kitna, the season rides significantly on that. Hopefully, the footwork and pocket awareness are being improved. That should always be a focus for a QB Coach to help a QB with. If that gets addressed, then I think we will win the Super Bowl provided we stay healthy.