Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I would like to see what fans thinking of an elite QB actually is.

Brady, heck yes. Rodgers, yes, but yet he only has one ring to show for it.
Wentz? heck no. Goff, showing very good signs, but is he really elite at this point?
Big Ben, yes.
But for Ryan, Stafford, whoever else, what have they done too. Run played in a SB, Goff played in a SB, both lost, but would one say they are elite at this point. Not really.

But many of our own fans won't give Dak the credit, because of their own "dislike" of him. Am I sold on Dak, no not entirely, but can't deny the 32-16 record, 1-2 in the playoffs, which he does not play defense, so don't count that Rams game against him.

I still rather see him this season before a huge contract. But the thing is, if he leads the team to another division title. But we lose in the playoffs, and not his doing, it does not make him a bad QB. Still better than many other teams situation out there.

Being "elite" as a QB, to me, is one in the category of Brady or Big Ben and quite possibly, a couple of others. Perhaps time and hard work could and would elevate Dak to something bordering that of someone like Romo or the like. Only time will tell and it might well take lots of it. We'll see.

morat1959

Reaction score
If Dak is feeling more comfortable and he is sharper and more accurate then this team is a SB contender because we are stacked almost everywhere. One thing is certain. Once cooper got here Dak looked good. He will be better this year. Do you guys think his production will match the contract he is looking for? What types of numbers does he need to reach for the contract and for a good season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak is feeling more comfortable and he is sharper and more accurate then this team is a SB contender because we are stacked almost everywhere. One thing is certain. Once cooper got here Dak looked good. He will be better this year. Do you guys think his production will match the contract he is looking for? What types of numbers does he need to reach for the contract and for a good season.
I don't care about the stats. All I care about are wins. Win the division, win the conference and make a good showing in the SB. We can win it all in 2020.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Good to hear I also think he will continue to improve. The kid is only 25 years old and already has won the division twice. We have a good QB and one of the youngest teams in the league. Good times are here

Number1

Reaction score
absolutely...as goes dak so goes the cowboys..he has to become the air threat to unleash this offense

not really,

he was sacked 7 times and actually outplayed Brees for a huge win

he out played Goff and lost the only game in his career with 8.0 YPA

Jipper

Reaction score
not really,

he was sacked 7 times and actually outplayed Brees for a huge win

he out played Goff and lost the only game in his career with 8.0 YPA

Imagine how much bigger the win could have been if dak had thrown for 300

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get the dislike or apprehension about Dak at all. He’s a good QB with off the charts intangibles and plenty of room to improve in all the areas where QBs improve with experience. He’s a guy you can build a team around. Not sure what anybody else could ask for from the guy.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t get the dislike or apprehension about Dak at all. He’s a good QB with off the charts intangibles and plenty of room to improve in all the areas where QBs improve with experience. He’s a guy you can build a team around. Not sure what anybody else could ask for from the guy.

Very true...I think the biggest issue is how long he holds the ball, it is a very frustrating part of his game and something he needs to work on...he needs to make quick decisions and get better at reading the defense pre snap so he is confident getting it out quick.

He’s such a good leader too, he has the it factor

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true...I think the biggest issue is how long he holds the ball, it is a very frustrating part of his game and something he needs to work on...he needs to make quick decisions and get better at reading the defense pre snap so he is confident getting it out quick.

He’s such a good leader too, he has the it factor

He’s got a lot of stuff to work on, but, yeah. Most of it is stuff that takes a lot of work. At least you know he’s putting in the time, and you can see him getting better at it.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Nice to see rational takes on Dak. Kudos to you and @Bullflop. I don't love him or hate him at this point but am willing to wait and see.

I don't believe any Cowboys fan "hates" Dak. He represents the Cowboys very well, stays out of trouble, is a good leader, hard worker and seems pretty clutch as well. There's nothing inherent to hate about this young man.

Some are convinced is that "not" the answer to our future QB needs, others are sure he is the savior of the franchise. Most, I believe, just need to see more before they set up in either camp.

Dak will reveal his true value this year or next - but to either anoint or dismiss him with what we have seen so far is premature. Cowboys fans that have not anointed him at this point don't "hate" Dak. We all want him to succeed and there's nothing there to hate.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Everyone dwells on the negative, but 2018 was a good season for Dak aside from the sacks. He threw for a career best 3,885 passing yards, threw 22 TDs, ran for 6 more, and only threw 8 picks. The numbers look even better if you focus on the games after they signed Cooper.

With Kellen Moore, Cooper for the entire year and Fredbeard back, I expect 4,500 yards, 30 TDs and still single digit INTs (let’s go with 6).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that i agree with. if Garrett lets KM do his thing and ride it out, all the better.
I think that's too hopefull. KM is arookie coach and rookie OC.....we will see some new wrinkles which will excite us, but he will be taken to school by some DCs...there is always always always a learning curve