Dak Prescott noticeably different in Cowboys offseason workouts

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We've heard this about Dak every offseason since he's been a starter. "Dak looks good" "Dak's accuracy is improving" "Dak's mechanics look better."

He's in his 4th year and he has all the weapons around him. If he can't succeed then I don't know what to say.
Oh... I'm sure you'll muster up some words from somewhere.
I'm hoping they'll be epic!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Dak has a lot of work to do before hes an elite passer. If he improved even a little from last year I'll be happy. His mechanics, anticipation throws and the time he takes to make a decision were terrible last year.

This is year 4.. improvement is expected. If hes the same dude then that's who he is.

Corso

Reaction score
No his hikes are wobbly and terrible! You don't know football! LOL.
OffensiveSmallGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

Number1

Reaction score
Everyone dwells on the negative, but 2018 was a good season for Dak aside from the sacks. He threw for a career best 3,885 passing yards, threw 22 TDs, ran for 6 more, and only threw 8 picks. The numbers look even better if you focus on the games after they signed Cooper.

With Kellen Moore, Cooper for the entire year and Fredbeard back, I expect 4,500 yards, 30 TDs and still single digit INTs (let’s go with 6).

your right about those numbers - in general I still think you quazy .... but far more real than most

if they can get Dak over 8 YPA and his TD% over just 5% and you get a top 10 offense

IMO, anything under 40 sacks and those numbers can get better ... 35 TDs, 10 INTs, and 8 RTDs

InTheZone

Reaction score
If Dak is feeling more comfortable and he is sharper and more accurate then this team is a SB contender because we are stacked almost everywhere. One thing is certain. Once cooper got here Dak looked good. He will be better this year. Do you guys think his production will match the contract he is looking for? What types of numbers does he need to reach for the contract and for a good season.
If Dak lives up to all the "most accurate QB threads" plastered around here then we're definitely SB contenders every year for the next several years. But I don't agree with blanket statements such as "once Cooper" got here then Dak did no wrong, it's just dismissing facts because of hype. Cooper still got shut down in a few games and we had the most inept offense against the Colts.

Corso

Reaction score
If Dak lives up to all the "most accurate QB threads" plastered around here then we're definitely SB contenders every year for the next several years. But I don't agree with blanket statements such as "once Cooper" got here then Dak did no wrong, it's just dismissing facts because of hype. Cooper still got shut down in a few games and we had the most inept offense against the Colts.
giphy.gif

Corso

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to regret not giving him a contract and he goes out there and lights it up.
Eh... he's getting his contract. Unless weirdness happens, he's going to be signed before Wentz, Goff and Mahomes break through the next threshold.

CWR

Reaction score
We've heard this about Dak every offseason since he's been a starter. "Dak looks good" "Dak's accuracy is improving" "Dak's mechanics look better."

He's in his 4th year and he has all the weapons around him. If he can't succeed then I don't know what to say.

All I can remember hearing us how hes not a great "practice qb," but he shows up for games. If hes looking good in practice that would be one of the few times Ive heard so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
During that stretch there were a few decent games mixed in.
Just to add some perspective.
Last year vs. Detroit & Jacksonville.
2017 against New York (second game).

Correct. But I try to keep it simple for the haters. There was also the Denver game in the good stretch.