Signed by Cowboys Dak Prescott Officially Signs Exclusive Franchise Tag Tender

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Get his deal done already ! If they wait around and Patrick Mahomes gets his deal done before Dak, Daks price will only go up ! I would not let him play on the Tag. He wants a 4 year deal, they want a 5 year deal. Split the difference - 4 years with a 5th year player/club option. Cant let him play for 31.5 million this year, get it down to 15 -20 or so. However they work the numbers.
Just get it done !

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You mean Garrett didn't have the authority to bench Dak.........or start Romo in 2016 when healthy
no that was the jones boys decision, and JG just did what they wanted, and he might have wanted dak himself.
But if the owners want a certain qb to start , on most teams, that is how it is going to be.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Get his deal done already ! If they wait around and Patrick Mahomes gets his deal done before Dak, Daks price will only go up ! I would not let him play on the Tag. He wants a 4 year deal, they want a 5 year deal. Split the difference - 4 years with a 5th year player/club option. Cant let him play for 31.5 million this year, get it down to 15 -20 or so. However they work the numbers.
Just get it done !
if dak wants to play on the tag, which I think he does, then there is nothing they can do about it.
He can turn down any offer they make now.
They would have to give him the exact deal he wants to get him to sign now.

And playing on the tag is guaranteed money, so if he then signs next year he gets more G money in total by playing on the tag this year.

visionary

Reaction score
I guess I’ll never understand why fans of a team would be happy if a player makes more at the expense of the team?

Stupidity I guess
Or ignorance

or both

Qcard

Reaction score
I guess I’ll never understand why fans of a team would be happy if a player makes more at the expense of the team?

Stupidity I guess
Or ignorance

or both
Stupid and ignorant is anyone who believes Dak making more is at the expense of the team

your well of myths is drying out.....dig another hole

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sorry didn't see the bold.

Last year is evidence alone he failed to show up when we needed him most.
So you’re basing it off one season? Would you like to base it on his career? Because a lot of people didn’t show up last year my friend. Only guys trying were Dak and a handful of others. They quit on the coach brother

Qcard

Reaction score
no that was the jones boys decision, and JG just did what they wanted, and he might have wanted dak himself.
But if the owners want a certain qb to start , on most teams, that is how it is going to be.
I agree but mainly because Garrett had no idea Dak had hijacked his lockeroom.......Dak Coup was flawless in 2016. Jonese couldnt afford to alienate a lockeroom that loved Dak more than Tony

Redline360

Reaction score
So you’re basing it off one season? Would you like to base it on his career? Because a lot of people didn’t show up last year my friend. Only guys trying were Dak and a handful of others. They quit on the coach brother

No one bases it entirely off one season thats ridiculous. Dak is looking for a huge contract so 2019 was do or die. He took the gamble and lost. Impressive stats however as stated failed to show up when needed. His best year was easily his rookie year. 2018 was above average nothing top tier.

Like I've said i think we can win with Dak at a reasonable deal. This won't happen till we fix the defense though. Its slowly turning into the Romo years 2.0. Great offense horrible defense ruining a good quarterbacks career

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Wait this can't be. I heard for a fact on this board, there would be no franchise tag. Not once, not twice but multiple times, that you were an imbecile if you even considered, if, if, if you dared have the thought pass through your mind, he would sign a franchise tag. How dare you, how could you have a different opinion. The audacity.