Twitter: Dak Prescott on Westwood One Radio - 01/28/2020

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am self employed but that’s an idiotic argument to make because if I were working for a huge corporation they would not have a salary cap like the Cowboys do

I’m also not saying he should take less money

I’m saying if he breaks the bank (which is his right and I think he will) then that will make it much more difficult for the team to put enough talent around him for us to win a SB because he is a limited player AND the team has a salary cap. But if that happens I don’t want to hear from Dak homies how he ‘just wants to win’ or ‘is a great leader’

If he does that then we know he’s all about the money

This really is the dumbest argument there is at the moment.

If you go out and sign a QB as good or better than Dak, you are going to have to pay 35 million are close to it give or take. And good luck finding one of those. And what would you save? 5 million? LOL Oh goodie!!!! That's enough to sign an average safety. LOL

And what is option B? Draft a rookie and pray? Then in 4 or 5 years you are going to have to pay him 40 million or more unless he sucks. And if he does suck, you are in QB hell for 10 years.

Nothing the trolls say makes any sense at all. Not to mention its a pipe dream because Dak isn't going anywhere.

Dak is a gift that dropped out of the sky. We got lucky. And didn't need to give up draft capital to get him. No big trade up, not even a first or 2nd round pick. It is a miracle actually.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Brady is better? LOL Is that really your point?

Even the great Brady needed the best HC of all time. And plenty of players around him.

He had the #1 D in the NFL this year and didn't make it out of the first round.

100% Dak is about winning. Any guy is going to want his money. And he also never asked for 40 million. In fact, he keeps saying the opposite.

We have 80 million in salary and more the following year. Your fears are paranoid and unfounded.

This team would go in the toilet without Dak. You would be lucky to find another Dak in 10 years.
Keep in mind, I’m a Dak fan and think he’s capable of winning a Super Bowl on a good team. I won’t mention him again in this post because i like him and it would be mean

but .. you invoked the name of the GOAT. Prepare to tremble as he is revealed in all his greatness

Records owned by Brady
  • Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (219)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (85,959)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: (614)
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (77)
  • Game-winning drives, postseason included (58)
  • Division titles (17)
  • Playoff games started (41)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (11,388)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)
Sorry, I couldn’t resist. anytime I see these numbers my football brain goes numb and the it acts like catnip and I just have to go down the rabbit hole.

I hate Brady but it’s the hatred held held by a small creature gnashing his teeth in dread as he scurries about at the feet of a giant

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Plus the $5-10 million for endorsements, that's a great income. And, it leaves money for the team to get better. People can hate Tom Brady, but he did it correctly in that respect.

Ugh. I hate this logic. He’s part of one of the most winning franchises in sports. There’s incentive enough in that to keep the party going w/ whatever ‘sacrifice’ it takes. But that’s before we get to his wife being one of the richest women on the planet, and the team offsetting his salary through hiring his shady consulting business

Proof

Reaction score
It really comes down to Ideology/priorities.

Do I want to make/earn as much money as possible?

Or

Do I want to win as many championships as possible?

Im all about getting paid personally but I’m not a professional athlete.

it really comes down to whether you feel any discount you take will be used to maximum efficiency and will push the team over the top.

Proof

Reaction score
I am self employed but that’s an idiotic argument to make because if I were working for a huge corporation they would not have a salary cap like the Cowboys do

I’m also not saying he should take less money

I’m saying if he breaks the bank (which is his right and I think he will) then that will make it much more difficult for the team to put enough talent around him for us to win a SB because he is a limited player AND the team has a salary cap. But if that happens I don’t want to hear from Dak homies how he ‘just wants to win’ or ‘is a great leader’

If he does that then we know he’s all about the money

he proved that by starting every single game for 4 years making less than zeke held out over for one year. Never a peep. Didn’t even want to negotiate during the season because of the distraction. Knock it off.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ugh. I hate this logic. He’s part of one of the most winning franchises in sports. There’s incentive enough in that to keep the party going w/ whatever ‘sacrifice’ it takes. But that’s before we get to his wife being one of the richest women on the planet, and the team offsetting his salary through hiring his shady consulting business
Look, I'm not taking anything away from Dak. I just want the Cowboys to be the best team in the NFL again. They have a long way to go and every little improvement will help. If Dak taking a little less helps to fund a better teammate, I'm for it. Again, taking nothing away from Dak as I felt the same way about T Romo and Aikman. I'm just a Cowboys fan.

Proof

Reaction score
Look, I'm not taking anything away from Dak. I just want the Cowboys to be the best team in the NFL again. They have a long way to go and every little improvement will help. If Dak taking a little less helps to fund a better teammate, I'm for it. Again, taking nothing away from Dak as I felt the same way about T Romo and Aikman. I'm just a Cowboys fan.

me too, entirely. I just hate the Brady comparison. I don’t think it’s apt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny bookkeeping. He signed a 2 yr deal in which the 2nd year officially didn’t exist and was voided. They’re masters of number fudging and rule skirting
Sheesh. What a nice hustle but a messed up way to do your franchise qb.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I predict he’ll get around 35 mil. Worth every penny.
If he weighed with another team and went on to have great success the Dak haters here would conveniently forget who and what they were and fall back on the low hanging fruit that is “Blame Jerry”

it would no longer be “he’s not worth it!” and “let him walk!” But instead would be done jerry is an idiot and screwed up by not signing Dak when he could

Kwyn

Reaction score

Understood, but it sounds like you do understand that it doesn’t really work like that in football.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood, but it sounds like you do understand that it doesn’t really work like that in football.
I've been a fan since '62 and understand the way it works. This is pre-pre-season and I'm just hoping for the best team possible as FA and the draft talks start. Simple as that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Keep in mind, I’m a Dak fan and think he’s capable of winning a Super Bowl on a good team. I won’t mention him again in this post because i like him and it would be mean

but .. you invoked the name of the GOAT. Prepare to tremble as he is revealed in all his greatness

Records owned by Brady
  • Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (219)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (85,959)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: (614)
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (77)
  • Game-winning drives, postseason included (58)
  • Division titles (17)
  • Playoff games started (41)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (11,388)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)
Sorry, I couldn’t resist. anytime I see these numbers my football brain goes numb and the it acts like catnip and I just have to go down the rabbit hole.

I hate Brady but it’s the hatred held held by a small creature gnashing his teeth in dread as he scurries about at the feet of a giant

I Love Brady. I actually root for him anytime the Cowboys are out. Utmost respect for him.