Twitter: Dak Prescott on Westwood One Radio - 01/28/2020

Kwyn

Reaction score
what about his first contract ?

The reality is that Brady understood that if he wins Championships the money will be there and the best way to win championships is to have people around you that can deliver and Brady is a much much better QB than Dak and needs a lot less support to win

Dak wants his money
I understand that but then don’t tell me he’s all about winning because his taking 40 mill will seriously impact our ability to put taken to around him and will prevent us from taking the next step

I know the answer to this, but assuming you are not self employed do you take this approach at your job? Are you “All about winning?”

It’s annual review time

Boss - the company was thrilled with your performance this year and were looking forward to what you can bring to ol the team in 2020

You - I was happy to do it. I love my job and my team

Boss - we know that people wit. Your experience and level of accomplishment have options and but we would like for you to consider taking a smaller amount this year than they are paying across the street. We’re up against our budget and really need to take some of the money we could pay you and instead give it to some of your co-workers

You - I am definitely on board. I want this company to succeed and if I have to take 30% less than my value to do that, I will. I trust you to spend that money on raising the pay for Frank and Tony on the dock, Estelle in purchasing and Malcolm at the shipping desk. I mean, I want to be able to look back and be proud of my legacy here.

This is not even really an exaggeration. For fans to think that professional athletes should approach their money with less care than we do is ridiculous

Rayman70

Reaction score
did stevie write down a "reasonable offer" on a napkin while at taco bell and slyly slide it over to Dak? lol...

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dallas should let him hit the open market.. He may not even get offered 28. He sure as heck won't get 35-40.
I hope they don’t listen to your advice

if the Cowboys don’t tag him and release him to true free agency, we might not get him back. I know most of us, once we got out and found our worth and options, might be unwilling to go back to the team that basically kicked us to the curb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's a weird deal.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will be eligible for free agency following the 2019 season despite signing a two-year extension on Sunday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Rapoport reported Monday that the final two years of Brady's contract "automatically void" on the final day of the 2019 league year. Terms of the agreement do not allow New England to place the franchise or transition tag on the signal-caller, resulting in him becoming a free agent should a new deal not be reached before then.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...e-agent-in-2020-despite-new-patriots-contract

Guessing it was setup in a loophole of some sorts to get him more money, but only for 19?
Yeah that is weird......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol exactly take a discount so they can spend it on ty craw, sean lee and witten no thx
Right! Exactly. Or give it to Cedric Thornton or Nolan Carroll.....please. I seen Dirk due that stupid crap just for Cuban to give 100 million to Chandler Parsons.....naw. Go get your money. They can afford it.

visionary

Reaction score
I know the answer to this, but assuming you are not self employed do you take this approach at your job? Are you “All about winning?”

It’s annual review time

Boss - the company was thrilled with your performance this year and were looking forward to what you can bring to ol the team in 2020

You - I was happy to do it. I love my job and my team

Boss - we know that people wit. Your experience and level of accomplishment have options and but we would like for you to consider taking a smaller amount this year than they are paying across the street. We’re up against our budget and really need to take some of the money we could pay you and instead give it to some of your co-workers

You - I am definitely on board. I want this company to succeed and if I have to take 30% less than my value to do that, I will. I trust you to spend that money on raising the pay for Frank and Tony on the dock, Estelle in purchasing and Malcolm at the shipping desk. I mean, I want to be able to look back and be proud of my legacy here.

This is not even really an exaggeration. For fans to think that professional athletes should approach their money with less care than we do is ridiculous

I am self employed but that’s an idiotic argument to make because if I were working for a huge corporation they would not have a salary cap like the Cowboys do

I’m also not saying he should take less money

I’m saying if he breaks the bank (which is his right and I think he will) then that will make it much more difficult for the team to put enough talent around him for us to win a SB because he is a limited player AND the team has a salary cap. But if that happens I don’t want to hear from Dak homies how he ‘just wants to win’ or ‘is a great leader’

If he does that then we know he’s all about the money

visionary

Reaction score

i guess I’ll never understand why fans of a team with a salary cap WANT or ‘pray’ for particular players to be paid the max?

it has got to be one of the stupidest things fans can do

but then there is no accounting for ignorance

InTheZone

Reaction score
Go for the gold, it's not his job to manage their cap for them. They decided to pay a DE 21M and a RB 15M, why should he cut them a deal? If that's me, I take advantage of stupid people with their money.
The Elliott contract is still a deal, people need to quit acting (not saying you) like Zekes contract makes it hard to pay others.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i guess I’ll never understand why fans of a team with a salary cap WANT or ‘pray’ for particular players to be paid the max?

Jerry has it. He’s not hurting for money.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

The cap was put in place so owners could keep most of our money. Get rid of the cap and give the players the money....they are why I watch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope they don’t listen to your advice

if the Cowboys don’t tag him and release him to true free agency, we might not get him back. I know most of us, once we got out and found our worth and options, might be unwilling to go back to the team that basically kicked us to the curb

Im fine with not getting him back.. Some other dumb team can pay 35-40 dollars for a QB who throws for 20ish TDs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Plus the $5-10 million for endorsements, that's a great income. And, it leaves money for the team to get better. People can hate Tom Brady, but he did it correctly in that respect.
And no state income tax....at least for home games (not sure about away)