Dak Prescott or Quincy Carter?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So I explain that real arm strength is not the deep ball but instead, it's the deep out throw from the opposite Hash Mark that is thrown with velocity on a line and you show me a series of clips of Quincy Carter throwing the Deep Ball.

OK.

We just disagree.
I believe there is a difference between an accurate arm and a big strong arm. I may be wrong though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I believe there is a difference between an accurate arm and a big strong arm. I may be wrong though.

First thing any QB needs to be is accurate. If you don't have that, you don't have anything. Besides that, even if Quincy were accurate, which he was not, his arm still was not as strong as Troy's on the outs etc. As I said, he threw a better deep ball but he didn't have the velocity, never mind the accuracy, that Troy had. I mean, it's just as simple as that to me.

Honest Question, were you a Cowboys fan back when Quincy played for us?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
First thing any QB needs to be is accurate. If you don't have that, you don't have anything. Besides that, even if Quincy were accurate, which he was not, his arm still was not as strong as Troy's on the outs etc. As I said, he threw a better deep ball but he didn't have the velocity, never mind the accuracy, that Troy had. I mean, it's just as simple as that to me.

Honest Question, were you a Cowboys fan back when Quincy played for us?
Been a Cowboys fan all almost 48 years of my life.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan all almost 48 years of my life.

OK. Then you know, Quincy was just to damned inaccurate. I mean, it's like a pitcher, if you can throw it 110 miles an hour, that's great but you can't be a pitcher no matter how hard you can throw if you can't throw it over the plate. Same with QBs, if you can't throw it hard accurately, then it doesn't matter.

JMO