News: Dak Prescott playing well, but Jerry Jones wants Tony Romo back ASAP

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If only Romo could "ball" to the tune of an 83 QB rating with 0 TD passes, he still might make a useful backup to the irreplaceable Dak.
why do you keep throwing these stats out there? you do realize he is a rookie right? he's not a 13 year vet...and regardless of that...he's played good and only going to get better.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Uh, no?

I suppose there will be a smattering of boos from a few fans in the stadium to return to the good old days of Dak Prescott, whose inability to play under center and dinking and dunking transformed our most exciting players from Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant to Cole Beasley and Jason Witten.
you mean like the Patriots do?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Uh, no?

I suppose there will be a smattering of boos from a few fans in the stadium to return to the good old days of Dak Prescott, whose inability to play under center and dinking and dunking transformed our most exciting players from Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant to Cole Beasley and Jason Witten.
Dak is under center the same amount as Romo was, Romo mostly used the shotgun.
Whether under the center or not has no effect on elliot or byrant, or dink/short passes.

Our offense would look the same if Romo was playing these last 2 games.
Also elliot has never been a exciting player yet, just the opposite, he has been a let down, and a burden.
I say burden because since he is the # 4 pick they have to start him over morris or any other back that might do better than EE.
Add to that the 2 fumbles in this last game , surely those werent exciting?? worse than murray, at least murray got the yardage, and only 1 fumble per game.:grin:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have to be confusing you with the other DandyDon. Or where you the Romo homer a while back? Anyway, your list is dead on accurate.
Thanks, you could be thinking of DD 1722.
I have been a Romo fan in the past, and still am, I just think the best guy should start on game day, and right now it is dak.
I dont think Romo is done, but as long as dak is winning, i dont see any reason to go back to Tony who has a recent spine injury.
Jerry talks about Romo playing thru pain, but if it is healed why would there be pain??

Romo wants to play, I understand that, I dont agree though with the "it is tony's team", and tony will help the run, and throw deep etc.
Tony hasnt played enough since 2014, and he isnt going to be that good when he first comes back.
Really the smart thing is wait till next year if Dak can get the team into the playoffs.

I also think the blocking schemes we are using for run game are the reason we cant run the ball better.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dak is under center the same amount as Romo was, Romo mostly used the shotgun.
Whether under the center or not has no effect on elliot or byrant, or dink/short passes.

Our offense would look the same if Romo was playing these last 2 games.
Also elliot has never been a exciting player yet, just the opposite, he has been a let down, and a burden.
I say burden because since he is the # 4 pick they have to start him over morris or any other back that might do better than EE.
Add to that the 2 fumbles in this last game , surely those werent exciting?? worse than murray, at least murray got the yardage, and only 1 fumble per game.:grin:
Yeah and whenever he's under center we know exactly what's going to happen... unlike with Romo.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
why do you keep throwing these stats out there? you do realize he is a rookie right? he's not a 13 year vet...and regardless of that...he's played good and only going to get better.
LOL if later on dak is 6-1 some will still say, lets put romo back in then we will really be good !!
I think now that dak has won a game he will be more confident, and the team will have more confidence in him.

The giants who beat dallas are one of only 3 undefeated teams in nfc. and if phil loses tonight 1 of only 2 teams.
Also odd that if phil wins, 2 of the 3 undefeated teams in nfc will be nfc east teams !

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Thanks, you could be thinking of DD 1722.
I have been a Romo fan in the past, and still am, I just think the best guy should start on game day, and right now it is dak.
I dont think Romo is done, but as long as dak is winning, i dont see any reason to go back to Tony who has a recent spine injury.
Jerry talks about Romo playing thru pain, but if it is healed why would there be pain??

Romo wants to play, I understand that, I dont agree though with the "it is tony's team", and tony will help the run, and throw deep etc.
Tony hasnt played enough since 2014, and he isnt going to be that good when he first comes back.
Really the smart thing is wait till next year if Dak can get the team into the playoffs.

I also think the blocking schemes we are using for run game are the reason we cant run the ball better.
Yeah, I was thinking of DD 1722. He is a nice guy but a massive Romo homer. You sound like a realist just like me. Everything you said is logical.
Dak is the real deal and this is HIS team to lose IMO. If they bring Romo back and Dak is still hot it would be insanity.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm talking big hits. look at the last 4 games hes played, he's got injured in 3 due to big hits. the 4th game in that cycle was game 2 of preseason and he only played one possession. getting knocked out of 3 of the 4 last games hes played for quite some time doesn't bode well for the argument that he can take big hits and be ok.

He takes a lot of big bits. Really the injuries last year and this year weren't really big hits either. It was the way weight landed on him and the torque that occurred, not from force of impact.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

If you're talking about replacing an elite qb, then he needs to be playing at an elite level. Being a rookie has nothing to do with it.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
regardless of how Dak performs the rest of the way.. Romo would be wise to hang it up. Carry a clipboard until it makes financial (salary cap) sense to be put out to pasture.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If you're talking about replacing an elite qb, then he needs to be playing at an elite level. Being a rookie has nothing to do with it.
Elite huh? the Qb who has never got us to a SB, not to mention a NFC Championship game is elite now?

Dak is playing at a level many of us have never seen from a rookie. didnt he just break an NFL record for most pass attempts without an INT?

Coy

Reaction score
Not saying Dak is Weeden in any way shape or form, he is awsome and I think we found our QB of the future.

Saying that I just looked at this and it's like WOW.

Passing stats after 2 starts:

Dak 2016 62.7% comp, 6.92 yards per attempt 0TD 0INT

Weeden 2015 73.1% comp, 9.19 yards per attempt 1TD 1INT

aria

Reaction score
Elite huh? the Qb who has never got us to a SB, not to mention a NFC Championship game is elite now?

Dak is playing at a level many of us have never seen from a rookie. didnt he just break an NFL record for most pass attempts without an INT?
I think you're insane. Romo threw 4 TD's and 7 INT's in the three games he played last season. Not to mention his world class last minute comeback against the worst defense in the NFL that only 7 other qb's were able to accomplish against that same defense last season. If that's not "elite" then I don't know what is :rolleyes:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Oh...you're one of those.

Nice talk.