News: Dak Prescott playing well, but Jerry Jones wants Tony Romo back ASAP

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As long as Romo is healthy, he should be the starter. Dak has been impressive, no doubt (I'm a huge Dak fan). However, we need a healthy Romo to go to where we want to go.
Where is that ?
Where no Romo has gone before ?? :thumbup:

It all depends on how dak does the next 5 games to me, if he is 5-2 or 6-1 he should keep going.
Let tony heal up good.
Tony cannot step back in after all this time off, and play like he did in 2014, it cant be done.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't see Romo till he is completely healed because that would mean Dak is playing lights out and winning.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i think it gets spread around like gospel because every big hit since has knocked him out. i hope he comes back and takes big hits and nothing happens but you look at his last year and it hasn't been encouraging.

That is not true. He has been hit lots of times without getting injured.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
1.In the giant game they stopped the run with the DL people go on about stacking the box, but our OL is just getting beat in run blocking
2.This is pure speculation, romo has played 4 games since 2014 and in 2 of those he only played 1/2 of the game and played poorly in 2 of them.
3.Tony coming back before spine is fully healed is insane.
4.Jerry saying this , doesnt exactly inspire dak, or the team if they prefer Dak.
5. Tony coming back wont help the run game.
6. anytime a qb is winning, they should not be replaced by former starter, that never turns out good.
7. It remains to be seen if Dak can win the next 3-4 games, so saying anything now, is just plain stupid by jerry.
8. not sure but I dont think tony has ever beat GB, so I am curious if Dak can, I just hope they dont bring tony back at that game or before.
9.If Jimmy was the HC here , I think he would roll with Dak over a aging Romo .

I think you may be correct on #3....and #3 alone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
1) they ran the numbers on the giants game, there were 8 in the box much of the game. Not 9 very often, but there were 8 a lot
yes but having 8 in the box doesnt mean all 8 were involved in stopping the play/run,
I watched just the linemen and they were the ones stopping the play, not the LB's

DFWJC

Reaction score
yes but having 8 in the box doesnt mean all 8 were involved in stopping the play/run,
I watched just the linemen and they were the ones stopping the play, not the LB's
have to admit, that Giants d-line looks good. Unfortunately.

I think we can agree that if you have 8 in the box, it'll at least somewhat affect how the line attacks their zone blocking assignments. It can be confusing. man too, for that matter.

mugsybows

Reaction score
That is not true. He has been hit lots of times without getting injured.

I'm talking big hits. look at the last 4 games hes played, he's got injured in 3 due to big hits. the 4th game in that cycle was game 2 of preseason and he only played one possession. getting knocked out of 3 of the 4 last games hes played for quite some time doesn't bode well for the argument that he can take big hits and be ok.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AS agile as Dak is he still got sacked four times yesterday does anybody think Romo would still be healthy if he was sacked four times yesterday.

This will end badly either Romo gets hurt or he gets booed off the field an owner and Coach need to know when it's time to pull the plug even if the player doesn't and most times the player doesn't

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
AS agile as Dak is he still got sacked four times yesterday does anybody think Romo would still be healthy if he was sacked four times yesterday.

This will end badly either Romo gets hurt or he gets booed off the field an owner and Coach need to know when it's time to pull the plug even if the player doesn't and most times the player doesn't
There you go projecting your fantasies again...

ufcrules1

Reaction score
1.In the giant game they stopped the run with the DL people go on about stacking the box, but our OL is just getting beat in run blocking
2.This is pure speculation, romo has played 4 games since 2014 and in 2 of those he only played 1/2 of the game and played poorly in 2 of them.
3.Tony coming back before spine is fully healed is insane.
4.Jerry saying this , doesnt exactly inspire dak, or the team if they prefer Dak.
5. Tony coming back wont help the run game.
6. anytime a qb is winning, they should not be replaced by former starter, that never turns out good.
7. It remains to be seen if Dak can win the next 3-4 games, so saying anything now, is just plain stupid by jerry.
8. not sure but I dont think tony has ever beat GB, so I am curious if Dak can, I just hope they dont bring tony back at that game or before.
9.If Jimmy was the HC here , I think he would roll with Dak over a aging Romo .

I have to be confusing you with the other DandyDon. Or where you the Romo homer a while back? Anyway, your list is dead on accurate.

jday

Reaction score
Tough spot IMO.

If Prescott continues to play well and continues to improve, would be tough to take him off the field. But this still is Romo's team so I can't fault the team for turning the reins back to him.

My fear is that it takes Romo a game or two to get up to speed and we lose one or two of them and that costs us the division down the road.
I don't like what you have to say often Sydla, but this is where my head has been lately. On paper, Romo should start without a second thought. But, like you said, it may take a game or two before he get's back up to speed...and what if we don't have a game or two to spare? Tough decision, indeed...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to the childishly stupid, "booed off the field" part... as you well know.
You honestly don't think that'll happen the first time Romo throws a pick?

And when it happens I promise I won't call you out .

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You honestly don't think that'll happen the first time Romo throws a pick?
Uh, no?

I suppose there will be a smattering of boos from a few fans in the stadium to return to the good old days of Dak Prescott, whose inability to play under center and dinking and dunking transformed our most exciting players from Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant to Cole Beasley and Jason Witten.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
LANDOVER, Md. -- No matter how well Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott plays, owner Jerry Jones said that as soon as Tony Romo is ready to play he’ll be in the lineup.

Prescott, who completed 22 of 30 passes for 292 yards in the Cowboys’ 27-23 win over Washington, is starting while Romo recovers from a broken bone in his back.

“Not necessarily, not necessarily,” said Jones, when asked if Prescott’s performance would let him be patient with Romo's return.

read more...
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...t-playing-well-but-jones-wants-romo-back-asap

Thanks coach for the update.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh, no?

I suppose there will be a smattering of boos from a few fans in the stadium to return to the good old days of Dak Prescott, whose inability to play under center and dinking and dunking transformed our most exciting players from Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant to Cole Beasley and Jason Witten.
Dude you're grasping just please stop

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be rushed back too soon. I think everyone except those who hate Romo understands he'll be back in the saddle. The concern many have, however, is whether he'll be fully healthy when he returns.

However, if he's not, there's no reason why we should disrupt Dak's learning process. I honestly believe with the rate Dak is playing, if we had the type defense Seattle has, we'd be playoff-bound (definitely) and Super Bowl-bound (likely).

He fits the grinding, methodical, occasional big play offense that the Seahawks played a few years ago.

But we don't have the defense right now. I think in about two years that's going to change with the 2017 draft, the hopeful healing of Jaylon Smith, and a potless Randy Gregory.

Nevertheless, this is Romo's team, even though we think we've found his replacement. I think with this experience, Dak will be ready to take over in two to three years.

I approve the is message.