Dak Prescott ranked 1 free agent of 2021

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins threw 35 TDs and 13 INTs on 516 attempts, which is 80 less attempts than Dak’s “MVP year” of 30 TDs and 11 INTs. And Kirk had a better completion percentage of 67% to 65%. The only difference was Dak threw for 700 more yards.

Last year, in 15 games, Kirk threw for 69% and had 26 TDs and 6 INTs on 3603 yards.

Basically, Dak was WAY LESS EFFICIENT in both years of Kirk with the Vikings, racking up meaningless yards and 14 of his TDs were against the Giants and Commanders. Yards don’t make points.

And MIN which is built to “win now” finished 7-9 and not in the playoffs. Another failure of a season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If Brees was a couple inches taller, he’d have probably won a couple more SBs. If a team can get a little bit of an interior push, as they often do in the play-offs, Brees has physical limitations the other elite QBs like Rodgers and Brady don’t.
could he wear lifts like that midget in Seinfeld did? lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
Okay, well if that is the case then you should be able to provide some tangible evidence as to why you think he is better.

Watch them play.... look at their career numbers...... look at the improvement Dak has made the last two seasons.....
The tangible evidence is there. You don’t need me to provide it to you.

Kirk has been in the league longer than Dak. Lots of QB’s continue to improve well into their late 20’s, early 30’s.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins threw 35 TDs and 13 INTs on 516 attempts, which is 80 less attempts than Dak’s “MVP year” of 30 TDs and 11 INTs. And Kirk had a better completion percentage of 67% to 65%. The only difference was Dak threw for 700 more yards.

Last year, in 15 games, Kirk threw for 69% and had 26 TDs and 6 INTs on 3603 yards.

Basically, Dak was WAY LESS EFFICIENT in both years of Kirk with the Vikings, racking up meaningless yards and 14 of his TDs were against the Giants and Commanders. Yards don’t make points.

Ignore the rushing TD’s. You love to do that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sometimes Cousins throws a really nice deep ball, and goes through his progressions and finds a guy. And you say, “Why can’t he do that all the time?!?!” Then the next play he loses his feet, throws off balance and it goes into the stands and there was never even any pressure.
Wilson is absolutely supreme with his deep ball. It’s a thing of pure beauty. He throws it where only his guy can get it and he’s very accurate. he can throw frozen ropes of perfect arching, deep balls. Going from State to WISC was a masterstoke cause he learned the pro style concepts and is really good in the pocket. 72% completion at WISC. Passed cause of his height, folks should have looked closer at him being a multi sport talent and extremely smart. What a mistake for so many teams. Also his 1st step is elite. He gets out of the pocket faster than anyone except Jackson. And he’s gone. Plus he’s built like a fire hydrant.

The nonsense is how we constantly here how Dak is the number one passer in the NFL, as if meaningless yards equals points. This guy has never come close to reaching forty TDs.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Dak was not way less efficient either. Passer rating very close. Dak’s QBR actually higher

but yes let’s ignore those factors.

Dak also had significantly more rushing TD’s and less fumbles than Kirk. But you didn’t mention that either.

wonder why.

Probably didn’t help the efficiency argument you made.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was not way less efficient either. Passer rating very close. Dak’s QBR actually higher

Dak also had significantly more rushing TD’s and less fumbles than Kirk. But you didn’t mention that either.

wonder why.

Dak had 3 rushing TDs to 1 by Kirk, Kirk 10 fumbles to Dak’s 6. Whoopity do.. You know what? Kirk still has 36 TDs to Dak’s 33 TDs touching the ball 100 less times. That’s still way more efficient scoring the ball, which is the point. I don’t consider read options based off defense completely biting off Zeke as some impressive QB skill.

I didn’t mention it, because I was talking about passing and putting the ball in the end zone, which is primarily what QBs do. Last time Dak ran, he broke his leg.

RamziD

Reaction score
https://sportsnaut.com/top-25-potential-nfl-free-agents-of-2021/

"1. Dak Prescott, quarterback, Dallas Cowboys

The devastating ankle injury Prescott suffered back in Week 5 should not impact him in free agency. Heck, the Cowboys would be smart to double down with their most-recent offer of making him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in NFL history. Prior to suffering said injury, Prescott had tallied over 7,100 total yards with 45 total touchdowns and 15 interceptions in his previous 21 starts. He’s a franchise quarterback. He will get paid like it."

I don't understand the people who say "nobody but Dallas would look at him." :lmao: Once more of those lists release, Dak will make the Top 3 of every list. He is the highest commodity of this offseason if he were to not sign with Dallas, and he's ranked #1 here.

I'm not saying at all that I want him to leave (he's still my first choice for the Cowboys QB next year) - just making a point that he's the most wanted guy in the NFL right now, and the majority of the media and the NFL personnel agree.

I’ll take Dak, Justin Simmons, and KJ Wright from that list please.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak had 3 rushing TDs to 1 by Kirk, Kirk 10 fumbles to Dak’s 6. Whoopity do.. You know what? Kirk still has 36 TDs to Dak’s 33 TDs touching the ball 100 less times. That’s still way more efficient scoring the ball, which is the point. I don’t consider read options based off defense completely biting off Zeke as some impressive QB skill.

You listed the last 3 seasons.

do all 3 seasons.

you don’t want to.

I’m not having this argument with you. It’s the same old song and dance man.

I have no problem with you. You’re a good poster.

But I’m tired of the Dak arguments with you. So I’m dipping out.

Take it easy man

khiladi

Reaction score
You listed the last 3 seasons.

do all 3 seasons.

you don’t want to.

I’m not having this argument with you. It’s the same old song and dance man.

I have no problem with you. You’re a good poster.

But I’m tired of the Dak arguments with you. So I’m dipping out.

Take it easy man

You are arguing with me, while saying you aren’t. It is the same old song and dance with you, You said Dak was objectively better. That is completely false
and it continues to be proven as consistently false. Dak is not objectively better, even after you bringing up rushing TDs and fumbles. Now your moving in to another season.

How about you take it easy?

HungryLion

Reaction score
You are arguing with me, while saying you aren’t. You said Dak was objectively better. That is completely false.

I then said I retract the objective part because there is no objective when ranking players in any sport. So let’s move on. What more do you want from me on that topic.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score

wonder why.
But that’s not what I want the QB doing. I don’t want him rushing. That’s how you get your foot turned the wrong way and on IR. And yes, it’s OK to do it once in a while. I get it, stuff happens and you gotta take off. The bottom line here is he’s not even Cousins efficient. We’ve pointed out that his numbers are freakin identical to Daltons 1st 4 years. It is what it is. His number this year are the same as Daltons. He’s what he is. A middle tier option at QB and not worth nearly what he’s asking. Neither is Cousins. Thats all we’re saying. People say we hate Dak. I don’t hate the guy at all, I like him. But not 30 million like.

khiladi

Reaction score
I then said I retract the objective part because there is no objective when ranking players in any sport. So let’s move on. What more do you want from me on that topic.

And I brought up passing numbers to clarify my point how Kirk was putting the ball in the end-zone more in less attempts and the only thing Dak has is, he throws the ball way more nowadays which explains all that yardage.

There is nothing that says I can’t clarify My point with even more information to argue that Dak’s image is predicated on hype and not real substance. His best year, 14 of his thirty TDs came against two of the worst teams in the league and unlike Kirk, he choked
against he garbage Eagles. Hell, even Kirk was 9-7 this year, unlike 8-8 Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But that’s not what I want the QB doing. I don’t want him rushing. That’s how you get your foot turned the wrong way and on IR. And yes, it’s OK to do it once in a while. I get it, stuff happens and you gotta take off. The bottom line here is he’s not even Cousins efficient. We’ve pointed out that his numbers are freakin identical to Daltons 1st 4 years. It is what it is. His number this year are the same as Daltons. He’s what he is. A middle tier option at QB and not worth nearly what he’s asking. Neither is Cousins. Thats all we’re saying. People say we hate Dak. I don’t hate the guy at all, I like him. But not 30 million like.

His numbers are not identical to daltons this year. And he is just as efficient as cousins was, at the same point in their careers, actually more so.

that’s the reality.

as far as the running is concerned. I sure do wish he would slide more. He now found out why stiff arming defenders, while fun to watch, isn’t a good idea.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And I brought up passing numbers to clarify ly point how Kirk was putting the ball in the end-zone more in less attempts and the only thing Dak has is, he throws the ball way more nowadays which explains all that yardage.

On a related note. The cowboys offense in general has gotten too pass happy I think. Dak or no Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Btw I’ve already said if the cowboys draft a QB I’m ok with it. End of the day I just want the cowboys to win. We can all disagree on best way to accomplish that.