Dak Prescott said he is not trying to become the NFL's highest-paid QB

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
“I’m not trying to be the highest paid…ah,…necessarily”. Necessarily? Peculiar way to close out that comment.

Sounds like a man that knows what’s up.
He wasn't exactly firm in his stance, was he? Nothing to see here. He's posturing to make himself look good for the fans and media, but he knows he and his agent are going for the throat.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Love or hate this guy he’s going to take the offer he likes the best. Some ownership group in the NFL is going to make him the offer he likes the best and he’ll take it or quit football. That’s essentially where you’re at as a free agent. Some here suggest he should sign with the Cowboys for a deal they think is adequate, whether he likes it or not. That’s ridiculous. He may sign for an amount less than he thinks he’s worth, but it will still be the offer he likes the best. Pretty simple stuff. Too many here are more simple.

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
Prescott confirmed contract negotiations have not begun at this time, so the statement does not have any validity at this point. Personally, I would like for both parties to move forward and either come to an agreement or not.
Do you think it is starting to sink in to Dak that this will be his final year in Dallas. Is Dak starting to cave with no activity on his next deal. Dak holds all the cards and Jerry is not negotiating. He really has to be asking himself questions.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think it is starting to sink in to Dak that this will be his final year in Dallas. Is Dak starting to cave with no activity on his next deal. Dak holds all the cards and Jerry is not negotiating. He really has to be asking himself questions.
What I think is that Dak Prescott has evaluated his continued service as a Dallas Cowboy better than any observer. I have zero opinion about whether Prescott has caved before today, now or any time in the future. The only thing that matters to me is how Prescott and Jones will eventually resolve this issue.

stiletto

Reaction score
What I think is that Dak Prescott has evaluated his continued service as a Dallas Cowboy better than any observer. I have zero opinion about whether Prescott has caved before today, now or any time in the future. The only thing that matters to me is how Prescott and Jones will eventually resolve this issue.
Way to stand out there on a branch Bucky... Do you feel "great" about Dak getting top $$ and being the QB going into a playoff game??

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One image never escapes me when I think of Dak.

giphy.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just like Romo got the highest guaranteed contract portion of any QB (higher than Joe Flacco) in 2013.

These QBs are all trying to get highest pay. What's new?
Romo is gone, stay on topic. Dak has already been paid enough for his contributions. He is older, has a new baby, so get outta here Dak, go build a treehouse for your kid. You're done, time is up.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes. Like “who will make me a reasonable off so I can get out of here?”