Dak Prescott said he is not trying to become the NFL's highest-paid QB

tomokawan

Reaction score
Romo is gone, stay on topic. Dak has already been paid enough for his contributions. He is older, has a new baby, so get outta here Dak, go build a treehouse for your kid. You're done, time is up.
Wish your's was here. LOL

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way to stand out there on a branch Bucky... Do you feel "great" about Dak getting top $$ and being the QB going into a playoff game??
Bucky? I'm not Sebastian Stan, lol.

I have not made a post or thread about player contracts in years. If I recall correctly, the last thread I did was a discussion on player salaries being codified.

Why? Because I do not believe any professional player, in every sport, throughout the world, is *worth* the hundreds, millions, tens of millions, or hundreds of millions that their market assigns them.

Do I feel 'great' about Prescott getting $160 million in his last contract? No. Same for any and every other player you can name. Additionally, I am one of the few (literally) members on this board who have been argued publicly about the current owner/union collective bargaining agreement structure since the mid-1990's. Even before CowboysZone. The same structure that has inflated player contracts on an elevated upward curve for three decades.

Do I feel great about Prescott being the quarterback who led the team against the Green Bay Packers' wild card matchup? No. My answer is from hindsight though. It would have been better to ask me before that nonsense went down.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
200w.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo is gone, stay on topic. Dak has already been paid enough for his contributions. He is older, has a new baby, so get outta here Dak, go build a treehouse for your kid. You're done, time is up.
King ChokeRomo played in Dallas until age 36. Dak is only 30 years old. 6 more years to go. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Deal with it.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Of course he doesn't want ti be the highest paid.......necessarily.

I would bet my house he wants to feel "respected". One guess on how these guys feel respected.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
"Not trying to become the highest paid"-- w/e.. Yes he is. Tongue-in-cheek Lying. That's fine but most Cowboys fans know who he is come playoff time. Can't erase the evidence at this point. 8 years. How many more??
Dak lying but yall believer everything the oil man and the engineer tells you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"Not trying to become the highest paid"-- w/e.. Yes he is. Tongue-in-cheek Lying. That's fine but most Cowboys fans know who he is come playoff time. Can't erase the evidence at this point. 8 years. How many more??
How do you know he’s lying?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He’s not trying but he’s also not trying to lower his 50mil cap deal this year