Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There will be no Ezekiel Elliott this preseason, and Dak Prescott is officially done.

The All-Pro running back for the Dallas Cowboys made it clear following the preseason opener that despite the plague of injuries around the league to begin the month of August, he expected he'd remain on the usual path of playing in the third contest of the month when the team hosts the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 26, noting how injuries are a part of the game. Although that's very true, it's the ones that have now happened to the Cowboys' themselves that has them changing course when it comes to their franchise halfback, owner Jerry Jones being very decisive following their battle with the Cincinnati Bengals that saw All-Pro guard Zack Martin leave with a knee injury.

"I don't need to see anymore of [Ezekiel Elliott] until Carolina," said Jones, when asked if there'd be an appearance by Elliott in what's routinely labeled as the "dress rehearsal".

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...down-for-preseason-per-Jerry-Jones-120880900/

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....

Dallas has played starters in the past during the 3 pre season so how it is the reason for slow starts. I would like to see starters play in this upcoming game but I also understand injury concerns especially with Frederick out and Martin out of the lineup.

dwreck27

Reaction score

Honestly, I think that was Tom wanting to get back the eagles for the super bowl...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

2 of our starting linemen are out.

With our specific situation it's a smart move.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dallas has played starters in the past during the 3 pre season so how it is the reason for slow starts. I would like to see starters play in this upcoming game but I also understand injury concerns especially with Frederick out and Martin out of the lineup.

More players are injured in training camps than in preseason games, see all these hamstring injuries.....injuries happen even if there isn'y any contact...you watch the first three or four weeks of the regular season and it's sloppy football because I know these teams aren't conditioned to take and give hits since there's very limited contact in training camps hence they're all standing on the field with their hands on their hips gasping for air, so the only place you can build conditioning and rhythm is in the preseason games and resting a bunch of your starters for two and a half weeks isn't helping your club get ready for the season and will be more proned to injury, IMO.

Praxit

Reaction score
..its all well, so as long as it doesn't back fire. Life bigger than you and me....;)..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
More players are injured in training camps than in preseason games, see all these hamstring injuries.....injuries happen even if there isn'y any contact...you watch the first three or four weeks of the regular season and it's sloppy football because I know these teams aren't conditioned to take and give hits since there's very limited contact in training camps hence they're all standing on the field with their hands on their hips gasping for air, so the only place you can build conditioning and rhythm is in the preseason games and resting a bunch of your starters for two and a half weeks isn't helping your club get ready for the season and will be more proned to injury, IMO.

You said they start off slow yet they have played regulars for a 1 half over the past years. As I said I would have liked to see them play as well but not sure it has anything to do with past starts considering starts have seen pre season action. On the flip side I have been watching players go down in pre season and I think that is the concern the Cowboys have. You want to get off to a real slow start having Zeke or Dak missing time due to injury would be a great way for that to happen.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell, I would also shut Smith and Collins down until regular season. Another quarter or half of the preseason isn't giving these guys anything they don't already know/have. Even if it is, it's not worth the risk of injury in a meaningless game.......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It's the QB though. When is the last time you heard of a QB with a hamstring injury?

Also, Zeke doesn't need pre-season. RB's in general are good to go week 1. We've seen them hold out in TC and come in week 1 and light it up.

aria

Reaction score
Dumb dumb dumb. I don’t mind Zeke sitting out as much as I do Dak. Zeke’s job is much more one dimensional than Dak’s, that goes for any RB vs QB, and especially a QB with several new receivers and TE’s. I don’t agree with this one bit.

Last edited: