Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....
so when Alabama opens up and kicks the crap out of whoever they play, did their players get some fake games to prepare?

aria

Reaction score
so when Alabama opens up and kicks the crap out of whoever they play, did their players get some fake games to prepare?
Lol, are you kidding? This is the NFL not college football. Alabama is playing Lousiville who isn’t even in the top 25. Alabama is loaded with NFL talent and Louiville isn’t. Alabama’s back ups could probably beat Louisville. Alabama has one of the best coaches in college football.

Sorry but that was a bad comparison.

Plankton

Reaction score
It's the QB though. When is the last time you heard of a QB with a hamstring injury?

Also, Zeke doesn't need pre-season. RB's in general are good to go week 1. We've seen them hold out in TC and come in week 1 and light it up.

Aikman in 1993. That injury led to them signing Bernie Kosar.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don't like this. I get the idea of keeping your players healthy going into the season, but Prescott is playing with literally an entirely new receiving corps, including the TE position. Live reps against an unfamiliar defense are necessary to build timing and determine progress in terms of the connections between QB and WR. It also sends a message, albeit indirectly, to the team that it's OK to gear down and shut it down if there's an injury, or the fear of one. You can't keep putting guys in bubble wrap - they need the reps and conditioning that comes with playing.

Blake

Reaction score
Looking foward to seeing Rush behind a competent o-line. It's whatever.

Jerry still sucks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I assumed that if Martin and Fred weren’t playing that Dak wouldn’t be playing. I wish they played Elliot for 10 carries or so. He needs some contact. I wanted this team to be a little more crisp and ready for regular season game. But with the new CBA they don’t practice much anyways. Makes the first few regular season games sloppy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
2 of our starting linemen are out.

With our specific situation it's a smart move.

Also would give Rush a chance to play with hopefully better blocking. So far our backups have suffered from too much pressure.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Hope he works on those high passes or he might be holding a competition against Cam week 1

Reaction score
I don't agree with that Jerry logic, Tom Brady played a whole half last week and threw 26 passes, are they putting bubble wrap on him, he's a hall of famer......both Dak and Zeke should be playing in the third game that's usually the one that dress rehearsal football is played where team actually scheme...if you're a heavy running team as Dallas is, you need to get in a rhythm on offense with your line and starting running back needs to be conditioned to taking hits every down.....there's a reason why Dallas has been slow starting the season running the football.....
Normally I would agree with you.

But with Fredrick and Martin both out, the risk to getting Dak and/or Zeke killed is considerable. If either one goes down because Looney or Edwards blows an assignment, the season would be over before it even starts.

Jerry is trying to avoid that. I understand the reasoning behind it. Which is really saying something because I don't understand the vast majority of what Jerry Jones says.

LOBO7

Reaction score
SO that will be roughly 21 days between game days for Dak. Aug 18- Sept 9.
New receiving corps, open on the road @ Carolina.
Needed as much preseason playing time as possible.
Bet we look flat to start the game 9/9.
Go defense.