Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is a poor statistic. Teams with winning records win more than they lose. So the numbers for most will be low (unless you win multiple Superbowls).

Just look at who was really good against winning teams. Brady and Mahomes -- two of the most elite QBs ever to play. Russell Wilson -- a guy so good that the Broncos ate a massive amount of guaranteed money to get rid of him. Oh year, and Jimmy Garoppalo -- Jimmy G.

This stat is about more than who your QB is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is a poor statistic. Teams with winning records win more than they lose. So the numbers for most will be low (unless you win multiple Superbowls).

Just look at who was really good against winning teams. Brady and Mahomes -- two of the most elite QBs ever to play. Russell Wilson -- a guy so good that the Broncos ate a massive amount of guaranteed money to get rid of him. Oh year, and Jimmy Garoppalo -- Jimmy G.

This stat is about more than who your QB is.
ding ding ding we have a winner..this argument has always been dumb.

GINeric

Reaction score
I don't give a darn who the coach is, if your QB chokes under pressure it's not going to work.
I assure you, the coaches you mentioned would not have Dak Prescott as their QB.
Ok, I'll have to respect your opinion.

So, if it doesn't matter who the coaches are, why do so many quarterbacks like Matthew Stafford get a pass for being trash until he got carried by a great Rams team?

Stafford is 11-72 vs winning teams and didn't win his first playoff game until his 11th, 12th season.

Once again, I respect what you say. Coaching doesn't matter for Dak, so that goes for every other quarterback in NFL history, correct?

We can both agree that coaching isn't an excuse for ANY quarterback according to your standards, right?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I'll have to respect your opinion.

So, if it doesn't matter who the coaches are, why do so many quarterbacks like Matthew Stafford get a pass for being trash until he got carried by a great Rams team?

Stafford is 11-72 vs winning teams and didn't win his first playoff game until his 11th, 12th season.

Once again, I respect what you say. Coaching doesn't matter for Dak, so that goes for every other quarterback in NFL history, correct?

We can both agree that coaching isn't an excuse for ANY quarterback according to your standards, right?
Sometimes it's a system that fits or doesn't. Linehan was a pure pocket guy, he changed his system to fit Daks skills his rookie year. The minute he tried to get Dak to work in the pocket it began to fall apart, he was gone. Moore realized for Dak to be effective against good defenses he needed to do two things, first, move Dak occasionally out of the pocket . Second find a receiver who could break open quickly, and a TE who could beat LBs and S on a regular basis. (We know who) Allowing receivers to be open early. That would be OK, and was OK until good defenses started giving Dak the sidelines and taking away everything short.

Dak flourishes against poor defenses who give him time and vision to let receivers get to the second level.
Stafford was put into the right system.

GINeric

Reaction score
Sometimes it's a system that fits or doesn't. Linehan was a pure pocket guy, he changed his system to fit Daks skills his rookie year. The minute he tried to get Dak to work in the pocket it began to fall apart, he was gone. Moore realized for Dak to be effective against good defenses he needed to do two things, first, move Dak occasionally out of the pocket . Second find a receiver who could break open quickly, and a TE who could beat LBs and S on a regular basis. (We know who) Allowing receivers to be open early. That would be OK, and was OK until good defenses started giving Dak the sidelines and taking away everything short.

Dak flourishes against poor defenses who give him time and vision to let receivers get to the second level.
Stafford was put into the right system.

I was with you until you brought up Moore. Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the league. He's trash.

His in-game awareness and situational football adjustments are trash. He should have NEVER been promoted to an offensive coordinator.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Can you say PATHETIC?
The above wins after 8 seasons are what you consider signature wins.
When we played the Rams they were at .500 or 1 game below that.
The LIONS? :muttley:
maxresdefault.jpg

And the above in 8 seasons is why he's earned an extension.
Well, he won't get one and expect a major choke job this coming season.
The only reason we beat the Lions was because their coach had a hissy fit. lol

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was with you until you brought up Moore. Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the league. He's trash.

His in-game awareness and situational football adjustments are trash. He should have NEVER been promoted to an offensive coordinator.
Come on now
Moore OC 2019-22

top four in points per game (27.7), yards per game (391) and third-down conversion percentage (44%) in that span.
Rut. Ro

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Can you say PATHETIC?
The above wins after 8 seasons are what you consider signature wins.
When we played the Rams they were at .500 or 1 game below that.
The LIONS? :muttley:
maxresdefault.jpg

And the above in 8 seasons is why he's earned an extension.
Well, he won't get one and expect a major choke job this coming season.
You are moving the goalposts now. You said Dak can’t beat teams with winning records.

I provide multiple examples of Dak beating teams that won double digit games and made the playoffs.

Now the argument changes to, well he will choke this season.

That may very well be true, but that is not what this thread was about.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Does this count against teams who have a winning record when we play or teams who we beat that at the end have a losing record!?
I believe it is based on their season record, not the record when Dallas plays the opponent.

GINeric

Reaction score
Come on now
Moore OC 2019-22

top four in points per game (27.7), yards per game (391) and third-down conversion percentage (44%) in that span.
Rut. Ro

Ok cool. But please explain why Moore would call three straight pass plays on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and short or goal to go in games our running backs were averaging 5, 6 yards a pop??

Please make that make sense.

Loso86

Reaction score
I believe it is based on their season record, not the record when Dallas plays the opponent.
I get it but it's weird, if we dismantle a 6-1 team and the build up and excitement is there. Then that team ends up 8-9 shouldn't look like a bad loss

Praxit

Reaction score
..if Baker is second, ..... lol... Thats a cue, the list means bogus.

Im not defending Dak. He is where he is.

But this is more cherry pickens.