Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We agree to disagree.
Jackson can beat teams like the Niners can Dak?
Jackson's running game alone makes him a better game than Dak.
Did you get the Memo on how DAKCHOKA beat the Lions barely with the ref's help and got destroyed once again by the Niners?
Name me 3 signature wins of DAKs in the last 8 years and Tampa bay doesn't count.
Just 3.............thks
Not sure why Tampa Bay with Tom Brady at QB does not count, seems like cherry picking to me, but whatever.

I would count beating teams that went to the playoffs a good win, just off the top of my head I can think of several.

1. Cowboys defeated the Rams last season 43-20 (The Rams won 10 games and lost to Detriot 24-23 in the playoffs)
............Dak stats that game, 25 for 31, 304 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT

2. The game against Detroit, yes, the Lions tried to confuse the Cowboys and Coach Campbell admitted after the game it was a deception tactic, but put that to aside, Dak did play really well that game, far better than Goff played. Here are the comparison numbers between Goff and Dak that game.
...............Dak, 26 for 38, 345 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
..............Goff, 19 of 34, 271 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs

3. Since you say Tampa Bay doesnt count, go back to Dak's first playoff game he won against the Seahawks. They were coming off a 10 win season and lost to Dallas in a very hard fought game 24-22 in the Wildcard round. Dak and Russel Wilson's stats for that game were almost identical.
.............Russ, 18 for 27, 233 yds and 1 TD
.............Dak, 22 for 33, 226 yds, and 1 TD

You asked for 3 signature wins excluding the Bucs and here they are. Every single win listed was either in the playoffs or against teams that made the playoffs that year with double-digits wins. In every game I listed Dak statistically played very well and in some cases much better than the opposing QB. Outside of the 49ers, Dak really has not struggled that much against teams with winning records. His .468 career percentage against teams that finished the season with more wins than losses, puts him top 5 among current active QBs. That is not my opinion, that is just statistical facts. That is why I think the Cowboys are conflicted with Dak, he is not the best in the league so they dont want to pay him like he is, but he is not total trash like many here would like to think, not if you actually look at his career statistics in comparison with the other starting QBs in the league.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak has been in top offenses surrounded by talent. With defensive support.

How talented were his coaching staffs and how good were they in play-calling, play design and situational football?

Where would they rank with other offensive minds such as Andy Reid, Harbaugh, McVay, Kyle Shanahan.... you know the type of coaches that know how to have their teams ready to play and not get embarrassed AS A TEAM by lesser teams....

How does Dak's coaching staff compare to the competent coaching staffs that I've mentioned?

CWR

Reaction score
Dak has been in top offenses surrounded by talent. With defensive support.
It always blows me away how bad Jerry Jones and the FO is until it comes down to how talented a team Dak has around him.

If so many here believed that you'd think the FO would have more support.

Or is that people actually know we haven't been able to run or stop the run since the Rams bludgeoned us in 2018. None of those talented teams could do either of those things in the playoffs.

GINeric

Reaction score
It always blows me away how bad Jerry Jones and the FO is until it comes down to how talented a team Dak has around him.

Or is that people actually know we haven't been able to run or stop the run since the Rams bludgeoned us in 2018. None of those talented teams could do either of those things in the playoffs.

:hammer:

Reactions: CWR

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Or is that people actually know we haven't been able to run or stop the run since the Ramsit bludgeoned us in 2018. None of those talented teams could do either of those things in the playoffs.
It all about points allowed on defense. We have been solid.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How talented were his coaching staffs and how good were they in play-calling, play design and situational football?

Where would they rank with other offensive minds such as Andy Reid, Harbaugh, McVay, Kyle Shanahan.... you know the type of coaches that know how to have their teams ready to play and not get embarrassed AS A TEAM by lesser teams....

How does Dak's coaching staff compare to the competent coaching staffs that I've mentioned?
The coaching staff doesn't throw the ball to the other team. Please people

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes. The defense has been consistently solid for years, until the middle to end of this year when injuries at LB and corner caught up to them. It’s been a top scoring defense, both stopping the other team from scoring, and either producing turnovers to help the offense score on shortened fields or scoring itself. All of the latter has helped Dak too, but you don’t see the Dak Stans saying that — they act like all of his great stats in the games where the defense put the other team into a one dimensional hole was all due to him. And when he fails to deliver in the playoff games, they then deflect from his slow starts, picks, etc., and blame the defense for not stopping the offense enough on short fields, or giving up too many yards, or not forcing enough turnovers, etc. When Cooper Rush went 5-1, they credit the defense with playing “lights out” or stepping up at that time, but when the same defense plays for Dak, it’s their fault when Dak plays awful in games against the 49ers or Bills and the playoffs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why Tampa Bay with Tom Brady at QB does not count, seems like cherry picking to me, but whatever.

I would count beating teams that went to the playoffs a good win, just off the top of my head I can think of several.

1. Cowboys defeated the Rams last season 43-20 (The Rams won 10 games and lost to Detriot 24-23 in the playoffs)

2. The game against Detroit, yes, the Lions tried to confuse the Cowboys and Coach Campbell admitted after the game it was a deception tactic, but put that to aside, Dak did play really well that game, far better than Goff played. Here are the comparison numbers between Goff and Dak that game.

3. Since you say Tampa Bay doesnt count, go back to Dak's first playoff game he won against the Seahawks. They were coming off a 10 win season and lost to Dallas in a very hard fought game 24-22 in the Wildcard round. Dak and Russel Wilson's stats for that game were almost identical.

You asked for 3 signature wins excluding the Bucs and here they are. Every single win listed was either in the playoffs or against teams that made the playoffs that year with double-digits wins. In every game I listed Dak statistically played very well and in some cases much better than the opposing QB. Outside of the 49ers, Dak really has not struggled that much against teams with winning records. His .468 career percentage against teams that finished the season with more wins than losses, puts him top 5 among current active QBs. That is not my opinion, that is just statistical facts. That is why I think the Cowboys are conflicted with Dak, he is not the best in the league so they dont want to pay him like he is, but he is not total trash like many here would like to think, not if you actually look at his career statistics in comparison with the other starting QBs in the league.
Can you say PATHETIC?
The above wins after 8 seasons are what you consider signature wins.
When we played the Rams they were at .500 or 1 game below that.
The LIONS? :muttley:
maxresdefault.jpg

And the above in 8 seasons is why he's earned an extension.
Well, he won't get one and expect a major choke job this coming season.

CWR

Reaction score
That's over simplistic. I am not at all taking blame away from the offense either. The opposing team doesn't have to force points and can play conservatively when we aren't scoring. That also has a lot to do with a lack of run game. The 2019 game vs the niners when the defense held them to 19 was great, but we were lucky to get to 3 yards a clip on the ground, and wouldn't even be that high if qb sneaks weren't a part of it.

Just once I'd like to see them play with a strong run game and strong run defense. Minus having a generational qb it's nearly impossible to win in the playoffs without both.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes. The defense has been consistently solid for years, until the middle to end of this year when injuries at LB and corner caught up to them. It’s been a top scoring defense, both stopping the other team from scoring, and either producing turnovers to help the offense score on shortened fields or scoring itself. All of the latter has helped Dak too, but you don’t see the Dak Stans saying that — they act like all of his great stats in the games where the defense put the other team into a one dimensional hole was all due to him. And when he fails to deliver in the playoff games, they then deflect from his slow starts, picks, etc., and blame the defense for not stopping the offense enough on short fields, or giving up too many yards, or not forcing enough turnovers, etc. When Cooper Rush went 5-1, they credit the defense with playing “lights out” or stepping up at that time, but when the same defense plays for Dak, it’s their fault when Dak plays awful in games against the 49ers or Bills and the playoffs.
Oh ok so stats are important when ranking defense but not the qb.

The defense has been just as crap late in the year and playoff. Did you not watch GB?

When Dak is gone yall are gonna be shocked at how we still lose, even with this supposedly elite defense.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

The defense has been just as crap late in the year and playoff. Did you not watch GB?

When Dak is gone yall are gonna be shocked at how we still lose, even with this supposedly elite defense.
Uhh…do you have reading comprehension issues?

Reactions: CWR

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I have no problem with this statement..... as long as we include EVERY quarterback accountable under the SAME expectations. With that said...

1. Please explain why Matthew Stafford gets a pass when we show that he is 11-72 vs winning teams?

( *Stafford led the league in interceptions the year the Rams won the Superbowl )

2. Please explain why Matthew Stafford isn't held to the same standards when he didn't reach his first playoff win until his 11th, 12th season in the NFL?

3. Aaron Rodgers has one Superbowl victory to his name. So does Nick Foles, Trent Dilpher and Joe Theismann....

If Rodgers is considered a "great quarterback", why don't we consider Dilpher, Foles, and Theismann as great quarterbacks on the same level?

They all "elevated the talent around them" enough to win a Superbowl, correct? The same amount of Superbowls.

One last thing.

From what I understand, Superbowl wins are all that matters. Well Trent Dilpher has more Superbowl victories than Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham, Dan Fouts, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Jim Kelly and many other quarterbacks that people have considered very good, to great, correct?

So if all these other quarterbacks that were considered great failed to "elevate the talent around them" enough to win a Superbowl like Dilpher and Foles, isn't it time we start giving Dilpher and Foles THE SAME credit as Aaron Rodgers and MORE credit than all those other quarterbacks who didn't win a Superbowl?
We can cherry pick questions until the cow boys come home, and analytics only do so much. Sometimes stuff just happens, inexplicably.

And no...its not only just super bowls, especially for just one player. I dont know why dak super defenders continue to use this fake take.
Now....its been said a con champ or sb appearance every now and then would be nice. And certainly want consistently decent play from the superstar top 5 mbp candidate qb...yes?
Which we arent getting.

And yes...no its not all daks fault...as i already said above about "just for one player".

Redline360

Reaction score
And I have no problem with this statement..... as long as we include EVERY quarterback accountable under the SAME expectations. With that said...

1. Please explain why Matthew Stafford gets a pass when we show that he is 11-72 vs winning teams?

( *Stafford led the league in interceptions the year the Rams won the Superbowl )

2. Please explain why Matthew Stafford isn't held to the same standards when he didn't reach his first playoff win until his 11th, 12th season in the NFL?

3. Aaron Rodgers has one Superbowl victory to his name. So does Nick Foles, Trent Dilpher and Joe Theismann....

If Rodgers is considered a "great quarterback", why don't we consider Dilpher, Foles, and Theismann as great quarterbacks on the same level?

They all "elevated the talent around them" enough to win a Superbowl, correct? The same amount of Superbowls.

One last thing.

From what I understand, Superbowl wins are all that matters. Well Trent Dilpher has more Superbowl victories than Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham, Dan Fouts, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Jim Kelly and many other quarterbacks that people have considered very good, to great, correct?

So if all these other quarterbacks that were considered great failed to "elevate the talent around them" enough to win a Superbowl like Dilpher and Foles, isn't it time we start giving Dilpher and Foles THE SAME credit as Aaron Rodgers and MORE credit than all those other quarterbacks who didn't win a Superbowl?
This is not to bloody hard to understand....

Football is a "team" sport down to the core. One player doesn't make a championship team despite what some fans and mouth breathing click bait journalists say. Now you have the elites that certainly tilt the favor as they "elevate" the talent around them. Brady and Mahomes key examples however let's not act like Rodgers or Marino didnt so the same. Brady and Mahomes also generation talent. There's also the defense side of the ball.

Now I would agree with those that would say Brady was more important then Belichick for their dynasty however Brady doesn't win half his superbowls without Belichicks defenses and coaching. We are now seeing this in Reid/Mahomes. Sometimes certain coaches and quarterbacks just click to the next level.

Now Stafford doesn't get a a so called free pass. Why looking at the W/L is a dumb way to debate as it's a "team" game. Majority of players, coaches, fans knew he had the talent to win but unfortunately was with the trash lions organization at the time. Rams also don't win the superbowl without Stafford either. Arizona easy win, comeback victory after the defense fell apart to the bucs late game, down by 10 in the niners game and out dueled Jimmy G and had another game winning drive. This was the game the niners dropped what would have been the game winning INT, didn't play the best in the superbowl however orchestrated another game winning drive.. something Dak has shown zero ability to do. Stafford put the team on his shoulders for three games that run.

Rodgers let's see...
09: lost a shootout 4Tds 1INT
10: superbowl
11: won 15 games but defense was one of the worst. Bad defense caught up to them in the playoffs
12: defense gave up 200yards rushing(sound faniliar)
13: injured half the season but snuck into playoffs. Team had massive injuries on both sides of the ball
14: defensive meltdown, tied game at end but lost the coin flip and game
15: hail marry lost coin flip again. Think he was missing his top 2 recievers that game too
16: defense was riddled with injuries
19: both defense and Rodgers sucked
20: outplayed mahomes but rb fumble (7pts) and dropped TD in endzone was game
21: played terrible

Cousins is also just another above average quarterback and his W/L is trash against winning teams. However he played for the dysfunctional Commanders and bar a year the Vikings have been bad overall. Bottomed tier defenses and his OL was horrible until the last 2 years.

Hence why it's a team game. Many legendary quarterbacks let alone positional players have never sniffed a superbowl.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It does not count if you are trying to showcase daks ability against good teams. Yes...a playoff game....fine. against 8-9 losers. An old retired, unretired, lost his wife, and guru coach qb.

It does show what he...dak... consistently does against poor teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not to bloody hard to understand....

Football is a "team" sport down to the core. One player doesn't make a championship team despite what some fans and mouth breathing click bait journalists say. Now you have the elites that certainly tilt the favor as they "elevate" the talent around them. Brady and Mahomes key examples however let's not act like Rodgers or Marino didnt so the same. Brady and Mahomes also generation talent. There's also the defense side of the ball.

Now I would agree with those that would say Brady was more important then Belichick for their dynasty however Brady doesn't win half his superbowls without Belichicks defenses and coaching. We are now seeing this in Reid/Mahomes. Sometimes certain coaches and quarterbacks just click to the next level.

Now Stafford doesn't get a a so called free pass. Why looking at the W/L is a dumb way to debate as it's a "team" game. Majority of players, coaches, fans knew he had the talent to win but unfortunately was with the trash lions organization at the time. Rams also don't win the superbowl without Stafford either. Arizona easy win, comeback victory after the defense fell apart to the bucs late game, down by 10 in the niners game and out dueled Jimmy G and had another game winning drive. This was the game the niners dropped what would have been the game winning INT, didn't play the best in the superbowl however orchestrated another game winning drive.. something Dak has shown zero ability to do. Stafford put the team on his shoulders for three games that run.

Rodgers let's see...
09: lost a shootout 4Tds 1INT
10: superbowl
11: won 15 games but defense was one of the worst. Bad defense caught up to them in the playoffs
12: defense gave up 200yards rushing(sound faniliar)
13: injured half the season but snuck into playoffs. Team had massive injuries on both sides of the ball
14: defensive meltdown, tied game at end but lost the coin flip and game
15: hail marry lost coin flip again. Think he was missing his top 2 recievers that game too
16: defense was riddled with injuries
19: both defense and Rodgers sucked
20: outplayed mahomes but rb fumble (7pts) and dropped TD in endzone was game
21: played terrible

Cousins is also just another above average quarterback and his W/L is trash against winning teams. However he played for the dysfunctional Commanders and bar a year the Vikings have been bad overall. Bottomed tier defenses and his OL was horrible until the last 2 years.

Hence why it's a team game. Many legendary quarterbacks let alone positional players have never sniffed a superbowl.
Its a team sport that individual performance matters.
Would you rather have tyreek hill or noah brown?

Case closed

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Does that include the playoffs? Probably not.

Such as no difference in Rodger’s and Dak, except the playoffs and a SB win for one of them.
Dunno but Rodgers is 11-10 in the playoffs. So just over .500 there and better than his all-time number.
Chart basically shows some QBs aren't beating good teams almost no matter what and others give you a shot then there are those two weirdos in Mahomes and Brady that are going to win 2/3 versus good football teams because they are different.
Dak is much closer to Rodgers than Rodgers is to Brady/Mahomes.

Also: Wow hard did Russell Wilson fall off. Went from truly elite to can't make the playoffs real fast.

CWR

Reaction score

Apparently, in my defense I started scanning once you used Dak Stans. The agenda crap is real stale. To be clear I'm ready to move forward. I just can't stand the over simplified blame the qb nonsense from posters who refuse to do any critical thinking. There are only a handful if that many qbs who would win here with this roster construction. There are clear recipes for post season success.