Dak Prescott: Total Record against winning teams in NFL

Redline360

Reaction score
Its a team sport that individual performance matters.
Would you rather have tyreek hill or noah brown?

Case closed

What does that have to do with anything that's like asking someone if they rather have Brady or Cooper Rush

Meaningless without context

QB is where the individual performances matter most however not even Brady or Mahomes can do it alone

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does that have to do with anything that's like asking someone if they rather have Brady or Cooper Rush

QB is where the individual performances matter most however not even Brady or Mahomes can do it alone
Thats fine....but you were pretty harsh about being team game.

Play a pickup basketball game and see who gets picked 1st. Some are team players, most of them kin dunk.

:laugh:

Its very much a mix of a lot of things...coaches. execs, luck.

Redline360

Reaction score
Thats fine....but you were pretty harsh about being team game.

Play a pickup basketball game and see who gets picked 1st. Some are team players, most of them kin dunk.

:laugh:

Its very much a mix of a lot of things...coaches. execs, luck.

Agree coaches play a huge roll as well.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not really sure why this slavish devotion to Dak Prescott even exists. He isn't a net difference maker even if you concede the fact that QB's all need help. But am I to understand that Dak Prescott has had a really bad situation in the NFL for the last 8 years? In any given year he has had a decent to great O Line, at least one or two really good WR's (the only time this wasn't the case was when they got rid of Dez and thought Beasley could fill the void). RB's, since he had Zeke for a while and Zeke and Pollard for sometime. With all those weapons the offense still remains predictable.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The point is that, to go with the stats, the eye test indicates that Dak cspitulates... he doesnt lead from the front, indeed he doesnt lead atall, just ponders (and stares) at what went wrong.
Outstanding when everything's working (and confidence is high), when the pressure's on: against a good team or high pressure situation, he just comes up short.
Yes, yes others fail too.....but as QB he gets the ball and is central to EVERY offensive play.

GINeric

Reaction score
This is not to bloody hard to understand....

Football is a "team" sport down to the core. One player doesn't make a championship team despite what some fans and mouth breathing click bait journalists say. Now you have the elites that certainly tilt the favor as they "elevate" the talent around them. Brady and Mahomes key examples however let's not act like Rodgers or Marino didnt so the same. Brady and Mahomes also generation talent. There's also the defense side of the ball.

Now I would agree with those that would say Brady was more important then Belichick for their dynasty however Brady doesn't win half his superbowls without Belichicks defenses and coaching. We are now seeing this in Reid/Mahomes. Sometimes certain coaches and quarterbacks just click to the next level.

Now Stafford doesn't get a a so called free pass. Why looking at the W/L is a dumb way to debate as it's a "team" game. Majority of players, coaches, fans knew he had the talent to win but unfortunately was with the trash lions organization at the time. Rams also don't win the superbowl without Stafford either. Arizona easy win, comeback victory after the defense fell apart to the bucs late game, down by 10 in the niners game and out dueled Jimmy G and had another game winning drive. This was the game the niners dropped what would have been the game winning INT, didn't play the best in the superbowl however orchestrated another game winning drive.. something Dak has shown zero ability to do. Stafford put the team on his shoulders for three games that run.

Rodgers let's see...
09: lost a shootout 4Tds 1INT
10: superbowl
11: won 15 games but defense was one of the worst. Bad defense caught up to them in the playoffs
12: defense gave up 200yards rushing(sound faniliar)
13: injured half the season but snuck into playoffs. Team had massive injuries on both sides of the ball
14: defensive meltdown, tied game at end but lost the coin flip and game
15: hail marry lost coin flip again. Think he was missing his top 2 recievers that game too
16: defense was riddled with injuries
19: both defense and Rodgers sucked
20: outplayed mahomes but rb fumble (7pts) and dropped TD in endzone was game
21: played terrible

Cousins is also just another above average quarterback and his W/L is trash against winning teams. However he played for the dysfunctional Commanders and bar a year the Vikings have been bad overall. Bottomed tier defenses and his OL was horrible until the last 2 years.

Hence why it's a team game. Many legendary quarterbacks let alone positional players have never sniffed a superbowl.

This is great in-depth stuff you put together..... but the whole "Lions team" excuse for Stafford just won't fly for me ONLY ACCORDING to the standards that our quarterback is held to. So this standard has to go for everybody at the quarterback position.

The Rams could have won that Superbowl with 15 other NFL quarterbacks that season. Again... Stafford LED THE NFL the year the Rams won that Superbowl.

He has a 11-72 record vs winning teams. The Rams won that Superbowl INSPITE of Stafford. If Stafford was the difference, he would be leading the Rams to other deep playoff runs and Superbowls.

GINeric

Reaction score
We can cherry pick questions until the cow boys come home, and analytics only do so much. Sometimes stuff just happens, inexplicably.

And no...its not only just super bowls, especially for just one player. I dont know why dak super defenders continue to use this fake take.
Now....its been said a con champ or sb appearance every now and then would be nice. And certainly want consistently decent play from the superstar top 5 mbp candidate qb...yes?
Which we arent getting.

And yes...no its not all daks fault...as i already said above about "just for one player".

I don't think anyone is "super defending" Dak. I think that people here are just trying to understand why some "low IQ, Dak hating cowards" here are using two different standards for the quarterback position.

If we judge one quarterback a certain way.... that is perfectly fine. Let's just make sure we use that same identical standard of judgment for ALL other quarterbacks.

Let's not move goal posts for others, move and shift offensive expectations for the role of other quarterbacks. Nope!!

If it's a team game for one, it's a team game for all quarterbacks.

If a good/great quarterback is expected to elevate the talent around them for one team.... then that is expected to be the case for ALL other quarterbacks on the other 32 teams.

If one quarterback doesn't get a pass for team injuries, bad management, bad coaching, bad defenses, (whatever other excuses).... then NO other quarterback gets that pass.

That's all I'm saying. I'm willing to concede to any expectations/standards placed on any Dallas Cowboys quarterback. But we're going to hold every other quarterback to those SAME standards.

GINeric

Reaction score
The coaching staff doesn't throw the ball to the other team. Please people

The coaching staffs also don't block for themselves, open holes for running backs and stop the run either.

But you still failed to answer the exact questions that I've originally asked..... not surprised, that's what usually happens.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This has been debunked so many times...Dak is not a "Bad" QB against "Winning" teams..NOW in the playoffs (still a team game) the Cowboys as a Franchise completley suck for 28 years..Dak included, but certainly not exlusive like some here want to make it..now do the GM records "VS winning teams" im not sure the Jimmy years can make the last 28 years look good but keep them in all though we know Jerry was a diferent person then.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How talented were his coaching staffs and how good were they in play-calling, play design and situational football?

Where would they rank with other offensive minds such as Andy Reid, Harbaugh, McVay, Kyle Shanahan.... you know the type of coaches that know how to have their teams ready to play and not get embarrassed AS A TEAM by lesser teams....

How does Dak's coaching staff compare to the competent coaching staffs that I've mentioned?
I don't give a darn who the coach is, if your QB chokes under pressure it's not going to work.
I assure you, the coaches you mentioned would not have Dak Prescott as their QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL........Everyone knows that without the Doggy NFC East Prestrash is a .500 QB.
Give him the Dogs some T/O and a quick lead he is MVP.
Against real teams not so much.............can you say DAKCHOKA!!
Is that the same NFC east that had a team win a superbowl and was in the superbowl. Same NFC east that had two teams in playoffs in 23, 3 in 22 and on and on...

I challenge you to compile a record of NFC east teams vs. Rest of NFC divisions.

But then again your arguments fall apart

Loso86

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams with a winning record during his entire career.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/

Please note that winning and losing is a team statistic, not a quarterback statistic. A quarterback cannot control how well his defense, special teams, or coaching staff perform. He can only do his best with the opportunities he gets1. Therefore, it is important to look beyond the win-loss record and consider other factors such as efficiency, consistency, clutchness, and leadership when evaluating a quarterback’s performance.

NFL QB records vs winning teams chart​

As seen on our master QB record vs winning teams chart, there are only a handful of NFL quarterbacks that have a record above .500 against winning teams.
You can digest that information on your own. The only thing I want you to take away from this is that it is extremely rare to have a winning record against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/active-nfl-quarterback-records-against-winning-teams/

NFL QB records vs winning teams chart​

PlayerTotalWinsLossesTies%

Aaron Rodgers8541441.483
Baker Mayfield287210.250
Jimmy Garoppolo2313100.565
Kirk Cousins5714430.246
Lamar Jackson2814140.500
Patrick Mahomes3422120.647
Josh Allen3417170.500
Justin Herbert217140.333
Kyler Murray143110.333
Daniel Jones163130.187
Sam Darnold174130.235
Deshaun Watson267190.269
Tom Brady12174470.611
Marcus Mariota2512130.480
Russell Wilson5932270.542
Matt Ryan9633630.344
Drew Lock8260.250
Dak Prescott4722250.468
Matthew Stafford8311720.132
Jared Goff3114170.451

PlayerTotalWinsLossesTies%
Does this count against teams who have a winning record when we play or teams who we beat that at the end have a losing record!?

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't give a darn who the coach is, if your QB chokes under pressure it's not going to work.
I assure you, the coaches you mentioned would not have Dak Prescott as their QB.
Or panics after his first read is not there. What coach can make him throw to his later reads that are open? The Packers just disguised coverage over Lamb and it was a wrap.

They are running a dumbed-down offense for this guy too. They even told him to bail pocket if his early read isn’t there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody says he's the only to blame, but if you're paying him $50+m you cant expect him to JUST perform against poor defenses.

In any case it's the manner in which he appears to lose composure (confidence).
I assume you 50M is based on potential future contracts.

Right now 17 QBs make 30M or more. 11 make 40M or more. It's the NFL QB market and it's only going to go up from there.

It's crazy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We agree to disagree.
Jackson can beat teams like the Niners can Dak?
Jackson's running game alone makes him a better game than Dak.
Did you get the Memo on how DAKCHOKA beat the Lions barely with the ref's help and got destroyed once again by the Niners?
Name me 3 signature wins of DAKs in the last 8 years and Tampa bay doesn't count.
Just 3.............thks
So Jackson is. Better than Dak because he can run? Yet he is 2-4 in the playoffs...

So is running that matters or is it playoff record

raven55

Reaction score
the big question year after year. is always we have to put better things around lil dak and what we have saw is every playoff game he's setting on the sidelines head down looking at the eye-pad looking like a little kid. the same result year after year. as far as his all-pro performance during the regular season most of his great stats have come from bad teams or hurt teams in garbage times. and when he comes up with teams that are not he goes back to the bench again like a rookie that can't understand defense's the green bay game was the spotlight of this struggle they knew what he was gonna force and took advantage of this and guess what he was on the bench like a rookie looking at the i-pad again he is a choker and a loser just get used to it

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
9th year, cross fingers
10th year, cross fingers
11th year cross finger
12th year cross fingers

I cant believe some people want more of this

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
9th year, cross fingers
10th year, cross fingers
11th year cross finger
12th year cross fingers

I cant believe some people want more of this
your like 16 years short on this list...28 year, 29,30...and you will get more of this because the next GM's name is jones also...