Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That wasn't a bad play. A bad play would be an inaccurate pass. That play, is a referendum on the mental weakness of the person playing QB.
And how many plays was that? ONE. I could take numerous great plays/throws Dak has made, but those don't make him a Brady or Aikman, etc.

Sick of this mess, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Motorola

Reaction score
Gimme the trio of Brett veach, Andy Reid and Steve spagnolo over Johnny walker blue Jerry, Mike Mccarthy and nolan/quinn/Zimmer any day.

The chiefs have the FO, Coaching and overall talent on the roster that trumps any one individual player on the Cowboys roster. Trade those three guys straight up and I bet the results are the same. Cowboys holding more sb trophy's than anyone and the chiefs being disappointing.
Look over your shoulder...KC just one behind Big D with SB wins.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about the Tampa playoff game? Totally different Dak, but that's not the "real" Dak either. Context is important, as you said.

But again you missed the point. I have always said Dak doesn't have "it", but neither is Dak "worthless", etc. Extremes seldom define an NFL quarterback.
I go on record as FULLY agreeing with you about extremes. Neither is good.

The problem is Dak has extremes. He CAN be so good and effective. Then he can be so mind bogglingly stupid. His pendulum is far and wide.

Both sides of his fans and critics are right and wrong. Dak needs to correct it if he can. His biggest fans are wrong that people wont; acknowledge it if he can.

Just win the big games. Or at least play well. Don't mess it up single handedly.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I go on record as FULLY agreeing with you about extremes. Neither is good.

The problem is Dak has extremes. He CAN be so good and effective. Then he can be so mind bogglingly stupid. His pendulum is far and wide.

Both sides of his fans and critics are right and wrong. Dak needs to correct it if he can. His biggest fans are wrong that people wont; acknowledge it if he can.

Just win the big games. Or at least play well. Don't mess it up single handedly.
Yep, but the votes are already counted, some cast their's on: Regular season, unrefined stats others.....whilst other's identify that pretty much every 'under performance' comes down to his composure when facing a deficit.

75boyz

Reaction score
InsidetheStar.com's Richard Paolinelli wrote an article showing genuine context to this comparison data. The article's title is Dak Prescott's defenders are missing a key point.

Let's just say you need to read it before thinking things are as similar as they appear on the surface.

Looks can be deceiving.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
And how many plays was that? ONE. I could take numerous great plays/throws Dak has made, but those don't make him a Brady or Aikman, etc.

Sick of this mess, we'll just have to agree to disagree...
It's the one play that ended their season. It's the situation that as a QB you have to step up. When you are payed and touted as a franchise QB that is the time and place that you are expected to step up and make your mark.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's the one play that ended their season. It's the situation that as a QB you have to step up. When you are payed and touted as a franchise QB that is the time and place that you are expected to step up and make your mark.
The Cowboys always play and look their worst when Dak is required to carry his weight instead of depending on others to carry it for him.

It’s been that way since 2016 and it’s still that way today.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys always play and look their worst when Dak is required to carry his weight instead of depending on others to carry it for him.

It’s been that way since 2016 and it’s still that way today.
Exactly. A game winning drive is the one of the crucial points in a game where a QB has to be competent enough to drive his team down the field for a win. Anyone who watched that drive has to be wondering *** am I watching? How can a so called franchise QB be that bad and to not know the rules etc. There are college QB's that run that offense with far more competence and poise.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is why debating anyone purely on face value stats is laughable. Dont care what player and or team. Hundreds of things go into stastics beyond what you see on paper.

Then we have many HOF quarterbacks that never had great post season success or won a superbowl for numerous reasons.

No doubt Dak puts up fantastic regular season stats on a loaded offense along with Mahomes for the chiefs.
No it is not laughable. The draft and the entire NFL is based off is stats. You want the league to based off emotions?

Why have a combine? Pretty sure that is based off of stats. Why rank players height, weight, speed, arm length, strength over decades?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
One play never defines a player. Never.

This conversation has run its course, I won't reply further.

Have a good day.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What's your excuse for the crapping the bed against thr 49er or is that the defenses fault as well?
i wasn't making any, you were.. your exscusing the defense for allowing over 40 points in a playoff game because of 2 turnovers...that math doesnt add up..i actually said Dak DOES deserve blame also...