Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have one of those "house divided" license plates on your vehicles?
It's a common scene throughout the southeastern U.S. = SEC country.
Individuals meet up, date, then marry...but they attended rival universities.
So they get specialty plates made with both schools' colors and logos covering half the surface - with the phrase "House Divided" printed across the lower part under the logos.

Don't recall seeing any with professional sports teams.
Nah. We have personalized plates but they are not like those you described. :)

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That wasn't a bad play. A bad play would be an inaccurate pass. That play, is a referendum on the mental weakness of the person playing QB.
Name me one NFL quarterback who never made a boneheaded play.

Never said Dak was perfect, or equal to a Brady or Aikman, etc.

See that's the difference, I can be objective, so many cannot...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lumping every single bad play into one basket is very lazy.

A little bit of context should be required for honest assessment.

Dak 1st int against green bay came AFTER we all saw CD have a hissy fit of sorts. Dak put in in his own head he had to placate CD and get him back in the game. He forced a mind-numbing throw to the defense just parked right in front of CD.

That's not just a bone head play...taking a chance play. That is complete loss of mental control of himself and the game.

And then he went and did almost the same thing again.

SIngle handedly gifting the other team 14 easy points in the first half. Note the 2nd one was inside the 20 and pretty much an expected scoring opportunity.
It would have been a different 2nd half at 13-7 instead of 27-7.

Single-handedly

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

If Dak isn't any of those guys or even close to what they brought to the table, why the hell is anyone advocating that he paid like one of those elite QBs?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t play defense. And stop bringing up Romo in every Dak thread lol.
You are right. Dak does however make the plays like very much affects the defense. For instance, defense forces a turnover, gets off the field only to run back on because Dak either tossed an interception or we coughed the ball up on offense. From what I saw in the first half against GB, the Dallas defense was hurt just as much by the Dallas offense as the GB offense.

Creeper

Reaction score
These comparisons are pointless, IMO. There is so much more to winning football games. Let's start with the head coaches. Andy Reid is so much better than Mike McCarthy. The Chiefs organization is better than Jerry Jones.

Dak is a good QB, but he is not Patrick Mahomes. But next year we should compare their contracts when Dak is making $60 million and Mahomes is still on his $45 million per year deal with KC.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You are right. Dak does however make the plays like very much affects the defense. For instance, defense forces a turnover, gets off the field only to run back on because Dak either tossed an interception or we coughed the ball up on offense. From what I saw in the first half against GB, the Dallas defense was hurt just as much by the Dallas offense as the GB offense.
look i get you want to blame Dak and he certainly deserves plenty from that GB game...but if that is what you saw you need to watch the game again.....that defense got gouged in every way..you want to say Dak didnt help them in the first qtr fine but make no mistake GB ran them over in every way you can as an NFL offense..EVERY WAY..blame Dak im good with that but man the defense gets just as much blame because they got SMOKED and that wasnt A-Rod on the other side...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
look i get you want to blame Dak and he certainly deserves plenty from that GB game...but if that is what you saw you need to watch the game again.....that defense got gouged in every way..you want to say Dak didnt help them in the first qtr fine but make no mistake GB ran them over in every way you can as an NFL offense..EVERY WAY..blame Dak im good with that but man the defense gets just as much blame because they got SMOKED and that wasnt A-Rod on the other side...
What's your excuse for the crapping the bed against thr 49er or is that the defenses fault as well?

wecasa

Reaction score
Gimme the trio of Brett veach, Andy Reid and Steve spagnolo over Johnny walker blue Jerry, Mike Mccarthy and nolan/quinn/Zimmer any day.

The chiefs have the FO, Coaching and overall talent on the roster that trumps any one individual player on the Cowboys roster. Trade those three guys straight up and I bet the results are the same. Cowboys holding more sb trophy's than anyone and the chiefs being disappointing.

ArtClink

Reaction score
These comparisons are pointless, IMO. There is so much more to winning football games. Let's start with the head coaches. Andy Reid is so much better than Mike McCarthy. The Chiefs organization is better than Jerry Jones.

Dak is a good QB, but he is not Patrick Mahomes. But next year we should compare their contracts when Dak is making $60 million and Mahomes is still on his $45 million per year deal with KC.
Agreed. The playoff failures are exclusively on our “HOF” owner/gm/phantom hc

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He is when it matters most. The results do not lie. He consistently comes up small at the moment of truth.
91 passer rating and 14td to 7int. Not great. Not horrible. I feel he’s played well in 3 of the 7 playoff games. Not good, but not horrible.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Dak isn't any of those guys or even close to what they brought to the table, why the hell is anyone advocating that he paid like one of those elite QBs?
Because of two reasons:
1. The market goes up constantly. Now the $60 mil figure is there only because it's a round number, look at the current highest average per year salaries, seldom does it jump by $5 mil or so, you'll see Hurts in 2023 got $51mil, followed by Jackson and Hebert at $52 mil and $52.5 mil, only $1mil and 1.5 mil per year. (Noting that Murray's went up $5 mil over the prior high, but I said seldom, not never). And as salaries go up, the percentage of increase goes down, so that it takes more and more per year to make a noticeable percentage change.

2. It's Jerry. We all know Jerry likes to make a splash, how better than to have his qb be the first to go into the $60 mil range? Remember Deion's $13 mil back years ago? That's Jerry.

Besides, I don't see Dak getting $60 mil, maybe $56 or $57mil, that's still making Dak the highest paid on a yearly average basis. I could be wrong, have been before, but we'll see....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Lumping every single bad play into one basket is very lazy.

A little bit of context should be required for honest assessment.

Dak 1st int against green bay came AFTER we all saw CD have a hissy fit of sorts. Dak put in in his own head he had to placate CD and get him back in the game. He forced a mind-numbing throw to the defense just parked right in front of CD.

That's not just a bone head play...taking a chance play. That is complete loss of mental control of himself and the game.

And then he went and did almost the same thing again.

SIngle handedly gifting the other team 14 easy points in the first half. Note the 2nd one was inside the 20 and pretty much an expected scoring opportunity.
It would have been a different 2nd half at 13-7 instead of 27-7.

Single-handedly
What about the Tampa playoff game? Totally different Dak, but that's not the "real" Dak either. Context is important, as you said.

But again you missed the point. I have always said Dak doesn't have "it", but neither is Dak "worthless", etc. Extremes seldom define an NFL quarterback.