Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL I don't care what "the cowboys" have said, whatever that means.

> He's here to stay

You get contract negotiations will be starting next year, right? How much you paying this QB who has a middling QBR and missing playoffs?

You going to give him a big contract? Really? A guy who still doesn't have his footwork and mechanics down? LOL Bud, if he doesn't improve he is gone. If we bring in a new coach and that coach isn't happy with Dak, the plug will be pulled - Jerry doesn't have much time left on this Earth to wait around for some scrub trailer park QB to finally learn how to set his freakin' feet.
I'm sorry you don't like this QB, but the Cowboys and many other fans do. Please go find another thread to go throw your constant hissy fits on.

Manster68

Reaction score
It was quite obvious that Houston's defense was all in on stopping Elliott. Zeke did everything he could.
There is absolutely NO RESPECT from opposing defenses when it comes to Dallas' passing game.
This places way too much pressure on the offensive line.
Yes, this receiving corps to me is the WORST in team history. PATHETIC!
However, DAK PRESCOTT CANNOT THROW THE FOOTBALL!
He is an over glorified Quincy Carter.

Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton look like bonafide NFL receivers. Romo will be primarily responsible putting Jason Witten in the Hall of Fame. Only Aikman threw the football more accurately in Cowboys history.

Is Prescott primarily responsible for this loss? You bet your sweet bippie!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't like this QB, but the Cowboys and many other fans do. Please go find another thread to go throw your constant hissy fits on.

> Other fans

....have you seen the responses about Dak lately? It's gotten so bad, Romo haters want Romo back. Go to Twitter or Facebook to see what normal fans have to say about Dak.

There are a select few on this board still riding him. He sucks and the Cowboys can give him all the support until it's time to move on. You don't give big contracts to a QB playing the way he is right now.

Romotil45

Reaction score

• By Sam Quinn
  • 2h ago • 2 min read
Some day, historians are going to look at the Week 5 loss that the Dallas Cowboys sustained against the Houston Texans and think that Dak Prescott played a bad game. The evidence is there. The Cowboys scored only 16 points. Prescott threw two interceptions and gained only 208 yards through the air. His quarterback rating was 66.4. Based on his poor play in the four weeks prior, it wouldn't be a stretch to just tack one extra bad game onto his ledger. And that is a shame, because for once, Prescott was not remotely the problem against the Texans.

Those two interceptions Prescott threw? Both tipped... by his own receivers. Granted, they weren't perfect throws, but most throws aren't. It is reasonable for a quarterback to expect his receivers to be able to, you know, stretch. Prescott didn't throw those balls 10 yards over their heads. He missed slightly. But when you miss at all with this group of Cowboys receivers, you miss entirely.

Speaking of missing, Prescott made the Texans do quite a bit of that. He was pressured relentlessly in this game, but he was sacked only twice. He escaped perhaps half a dozen sacks based on nothing more than body control and athleticism.

(Continue reading):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-wasnt-the-problem-against-the-houston-texans/

Some just cant see it. In a league that slants the rules of the game toward the passing game and you have a QB that struggles to throw the ball for 200 yrds. You realize there are High School QBs that routinely throw for over 200 right ? What about this do you have difficulty understanding ? Dak is a game manager a career backup. Nothing more.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
> Other fans

....have you seen the responses about Dak lately? It's gotten so bad, Romo haters want Romo back. Go to Twitter or Facebook to see what normal fans have to say about Dak.

There are a select few on this board still riding him. He sucks and the Cowboys can give him all the support until it's time to move on. You don't give big contracts to a QB playing the way he is right now.
Romo wouldn't survive. At all.

Ex-Cowboys, ex-NFL players, ex-scouts and ex-coaches all said Dak was not the problem tonight against Houston. That says it all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Some just cant see it. In a league that slants the rules of the game toward the passing game and you have a QB that struggles to throw the ball for 200 yrds. You realize there are High School QBs that routinely throw for over 200 right ? What about this do you have difficulty understanding ? Dak is a game manager a career backup. Nothing more.
Says the poster named Romotil45.

It's not what many ex-pros said tonight. Heck, even Romo said during the week that Dak wasn't the problem.

aaev84

Reaction score
Could do a poll on it but I'm sure it will end up in the drama zone. How many other teams in the nfl would want Dak as their "franchise" qb? Maybe a handful as an interim... being generous. It would be wise if cowboys staff is having a wandering eye.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't survive. At all.

Ex-Cowboys, ex-NFL players, ex-scouts and ex-coaches all said Dak was not the problem tonight against Houston. That says it all.

I'm not saying Romo would, I'm not calling for his return. I'm saying the average fan is not liking Dak right now, he is not playing well - we are all watching this games, we see the simple things he struggles with.

He sucks, man haha

And I'd debate any of these "ex-whatevers" about this and destroy them just like I have every other Dak lover the past 2 years.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score

2014's game was very eerily similar even in score. Seems the bigest difference is missing the receiver that put up 9 catches for 85 yards and a TD, including the clutch catch to put us in position to win it with Bailey. Could have been two TD's as well if Romo dosen' t misread it throwing the pick.

This FO is horrible at identifying their problems.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Playcalling is the pink elephant in the room. Those Dak detractors wanna blame Dak its ok. But the playcalling was atrocious. Zeke didn't get it going. Why no one blames him? Receivers also dropped many passes. No one blames them. Playcalling was just terrible. Why do we keep running plays that take forever to develop? What happened to the slants or quick passes? I can go on...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao2:
I'm not saying Romo would, I'm not calling for his return. I'm saying the average fan is not liking Dak right now, he is not playing well - we are all watching this games, we see the simple things he struggles with.

He sucks, man haha

And I'd debate any of these "ex-whatevers" about this and destroy them just like I have every other Dak lover the past 2 years.
:lmao:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Those two interceptions Prescott threw? Both tipped... by his own receivers. Granted, they weren't perfect throws, but most throws aren't. It is reasonable for a quarterback to expect his receivers to be able to, you know, stretch. Prescott didn't throw those balls 10 yards over their heads. He missed slightly. But when you miss at all with this group of Cowboys receivers, you miss entirely.

I watched the highlights.

Of the INTs he had, the one to Austin was so unnecessary. Austin had about 5 yard cushion between him and the CB who was deep on him. He might be the shortest player in the NFL. Don't throw the ball high to a short guy with the defender way behind him. It was actually a better pass to the defender than to Austin.

Dak could have easily had 2 more. One late in the game that targeted Beasley. Can't remember the other one now.

They were sending numbers on the rush, and Dak didn't seem to have a plan to get rid of the ball. He'd deer in the headlights and try to run.

Linehan is of course not doing Dak any favors, but Dak is plenty of the problem himself. Poor decisions, and he'll take a long time to make them. Accuracy is just poor, making receivers struggle to catch the ball, often failing.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Playcalling is the pink elephant in the room. Those Dak detractors wanna blame Dak its ok. But the playcalling was atrocious. Zeke didn't get it going. Why no one blames him? Receivers also dropped many passes. No one blames them. Playcalling was just terrible. Why do we keep running plays that take forever to develop? What happened to the slants or quick passes? I can go on...

Too say its all on Linehan is silly. Dak routinely on 1st and 2nd down faces stacked boxes meaning 1 on 1 on the outside but he refuses to consistently attack 1 on 1 coverage. Often we see defenses put 10 men within 5 yrds of the LOS. Dak has to make defenses pay for those looks but he cannot consistently. The all 22 proves that defenses do not respect our passing game. Its Daks responsibility to get us in plays that have a chance to succeed and yet he routinely does not. Why, because he does not trust his own ability. he is risk adverse to a fault. When you have a QB that refuses to make the proper checks at the LOS the defense simply can smother the offense which is exactly what is taking place.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• By Sam Quinn
  • 2h ago • 2 min read
Some day, historians are going to look at the Week 5 loss that the Dallas Cowboys sustained against the Houston Texans and think that Dak Prescott played a bad game. The evidence is there. The Cowboys scored only 16 points. Prescott threw two interceptions and gained only 208 yards through the air. His quarterback rating was 66.4. Based on his poor play in the four weeks prior, it wouldn't be a stretch to just tack one extra bad game onto his ledger. And that is a shame, because for once, Prescott was not remotely the problem against the Texans.

Speaking of missing, Prescott made the Texans do quite a bit of that. He was pressured relentlessly in this game, but he was sacked only twice. He escaped perhaps half a dozen sacks based on nothing more than body control and athleticism.

(Continue reading):

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak-prescott-wasnt-the-problem-against-the-houston-texans/

LOL...dare to say it......TROLLING....for Dak....like trolling for Dollars.....soupsam going down with the Ship i can dig that baby!!!!!

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
lol the guy barely broke 200 passing yards with overtime involved....

Just give him a Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, Allen Robinson, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Odell Becham, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Tyreek Hill...etc

Type player.. should be much much better.

Hard to expect much without those types.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Could do a poll on it but I'm sure it will end up in the drama zone. How many other teams in the nfl would want Dak as their "franchise" qb? Maybe a handful as an interim... being generous. It would be wise if cowboys staff is having a wandering eye.
How many other teams would want our WRs, none since they were cut from other teams and not even good teams or traded to us for a ham sandwich.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Too say its all on Linehan is silly. Dak routinely on 1st and 2nd down faces stacked boxes meaning 1 on 1 on the outside but he refuses to consistently attack 1 on 1 coverage. Often we see defenses put 10 men within 5 yrds of the LOS. Dak has to make defenses pay for those looks but he cannot consistently. The all 22 proves that defenses do not respect our passing game. Its Daks responsibility to get us in plays that have a chance to succeed and yet he routinely does not. Why, because he does not trust his own ability. he is risk adverse to a fault. When you have a QB that refuses to make the proper checks at the LOS the defense simply can smother the offense which is exactly what is taking place.

Must have playmakers outside that can win as well though.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Just give him a Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, Allen Robinson, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Odell Becham, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Tyreek Hill...etc

Type player.. should be much much better.

Hard to expect much without those types.

None of those guys are going to be able to help Dak make the correct checks in a game. He has to first recognize 1 on 1 coverage on the outside and have the balls to check to the appropriate play to attack it. He doesn't consistently do this. Yet Mahomes does. Sure our receiving core is not ideal however Dak in his third year should now be able to read defenses and know how to attack them but he doesn't.