Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You exposed yourself by comparing Dak's to Romo's eras and stating Romo played under a more dangerous game. You Romoholics are the worst.
You're imagining things. I loved Tony and I love Dak. I've supported Dak every year he's been in Dallas. The playoff game broke my heart, but that isn't relevant to the conversation. The reality of it is that the game has evolved, and will continue to evolve. Spread offenses have made their way into the league and officials are cracking down on defenses, leading to higher scoring, "more entertaining" games. The direct result of that is an uptick in passing yards, passing touchdowns, completion percentages, and quarterback rating.

Look at the numbers for the leading passers in the 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20s, and tell me honestly that you believe my take is wrong. I grew up with Aikman. He's the standard I tend to hold Dallas QBs to. Not Tony, and not Dak. His numbers are absolutely miniscule, compared to the leading passers in the modern era, yet his legacy was that of an elite passer, a leader, and a winner. Why is that? Is it because the game has changed and passers are given more opportunity to complete passes? Yes. That's my argument. Stop trying to save face by focusing on one sentence.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Meaningless. The passing game of the last 10 years is an entirely different game from even just 20 years ago. Just peruse the top 10 all time rated passers. One of them is Jimmy Garoppolo. 9 of the top 10 are current players.

kskboys

Reaction score
Vinnie Testaverde had the 8th most passing yards in NFL history when he retired. 8th best QB all time, yup.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're imagining things. I loved Tony and I love Dak. I've supported Dak every year he's been in Dallas. The playoff game broke my heart, but that isn't relevant to the conversation. The reality of it is that the game has evolved, and will continue to evolve. Spread offenses have made their way into the league and officials are cracking down on defenses, leading to higher scoring, "more entertaining" games. The direct result of that is an uptick in passing yards, passing touchdowns, completion percentages, and quarterback rating.

Look at the numbers for the leading passers in the 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20s, and tell me honestly that you believe my take is wrong. I grew up with Aikman. He's the standard I tend to hold Dallas QBs to. Not Tony, and not Dak. His numbers are absolutely miniscule, compared to the leading passers in the modern era, yet his legacy was that of an elite passer, a leader, and a winner. Why is that? Is it because the game has changed and passers are given more opportunity to complete passes? Yes. That's my argument. Stop trying to save face by focusing on one sentence.
Yeah, it's so pass happy today. That's what the magnificent Patrick Mahomes used to help the Chiefs win the Super Bowl against the 49ers: 25 - 22 in overtime. 325 passing yards with only 2 TDs and 1 INT ...... but ....... 130 rushing yards. In other words, a balanced attack on offense, along with a defense who held the 49ers to 22 points which includes overtime. So where was this pass happy attacking offense you are talking about?

Chasing6

Reaction score
As the 2024 season is about to get started, Dak Prescott is getting ready to start his 9th season as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. If one takes a look, Dak Prescott is only 4,725 passing yards away from becoming the All Time Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader.

Mod Edit: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-passing.htm

Screenshot-20240717-095200-Chrome.jpg

Not bad after only starting 9 seasons, considering it took Tony Romo 10 seasons as a starter to become the current franchise passing leader, along with Troy Aikman before having taken 12 seasons.

What do you think? Will Dak Prescott become the Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader by the end of this upcoming 2024 season?
No

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As the 2024 season is about to get started, Dak Prescott is getting ready to start his 9th season as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. If one takes a look, Dak Prescott is only 4,725 passing yards away from becoming the All Time Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader.

Mod Edit: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-passing.htm

Screenshot-20240717-095200-Chrome.jpg

Not bad after only starting 9 seasons, considering it took Tony Romo 10 seasons as a starter to become the current franchise passing leader, along with Troy Aikman before having taken 12 seasons.

What do you think? Will Dak Prescott become the Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader by the end of this upcoming 2024 season?
Good on him, govnor, good on him.

As a good neighbor Dak is tops in me book.
Well, it seems that the great irony is his utter futility in the playoffs.
Good lad, he is. But Dak is not a leader.
Further, the lad demands a goldmine --- too expensive for 2 career playoffs wins.