Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hahaha...you Dak hating Romoholics are pathetic. Can't even be respectful Cowboys fans and just give Dak his well deserved congratulations.
Let me say that I find these comments weird with how you talk about Tony Romo ......

But Cowboy fans have always been crappy towards their QB's

In 1997 Troy Aikman was at a Dallas Mavericks game, and when they showed him on the titan-tron ...... a huge chorus of boos started.

This was 2 years after winning 3 Superbowls.

Why anyone would be shocked that fans mock Tony and Dak who have won nothing ......... just remember Troy, and his hand full of Rings, being booed.

bandfan

Reaction score
Point taken. I’m usually very hesitant to engage in debates over “which guy was better”, and similar type discussions when comparing athletes from different eras. Just too many variables to be definitive with an answer.
I would say "most talented" or "most athletic" are the more easily ascertained categories than "best ever"....IMHO

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahaha...you Dak hating Romoholics are pathetic. Can't even be respectful Cowboys fans and just give Dak his well deserved congratulations. Nah. Instead, you have to create any lame excuse of twisting the game of football in order not to give Dak his due respect (something y'all never did against Romo when he became the Cowboys franchise passing leader). Y'all's lame attempts are so bad, you actually have the audacity to indirectly ridicule the way the game of football gives credits and accomplishments to QBs at every level of the game of football.

Sad. Actually, beyond sad. It's DDS (Dak Derangement Syndrome) in full bloom for all of social media to see.
:facepalm:

Congrats. :clap:
I have given Dak kudos for his passing prowess. So....I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I wonder what Dak would say. He's a good person I bet he would credit his team mates as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Meredith - 101 Regular Season Games / 4 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1170 Pass Completions or 11.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 39 Pass Completions or 9.8 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,209 Pass Completions or 11.5 Pass Completions Per Game

Roger Staubach - 131 Regular Season Games / 20 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1,685 Pass Completions or 12.9 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 223 Pass Completions or 11.2 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,908 Pass Completions or 12.6 Pass Completions Per Game

Danny White - 166 Regular Season Games / 18 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1,761 Pass Completions or 10.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 206 Pass Completions or 11.4 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,967 Pass Completions or 10.7 Pass Completions Per Game

Troy Aikman - 165 Regular Season Games / 16 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,898 Pass Completions or 17.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 320 Pass Completions or 20 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 3,218 Pass Completions or 17.8 Pass Completions Per Game

Tony Romo - 156 Regular Season Games / 6 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,829 Pass Completions or 18.1 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 114 Pass Completions or 19 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 2,943 Pass Completions or 18.2 Pass Completions Per Game

Dak Prescott - 114 Regular Season Games / 7 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,595 Pass Completions or 22.8 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 178 Pass Completions or 25.4 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 2,773 Pass Completions or 22.9 Pass Completions Per Game

Football Passing Yards Formula II

More Passes Completed Per Game Over Career equals receivers, tight ends and running backs doing their freaking jobs like they are always supposed to do (catchable drops and passes through hands really grinds my gears :mad: )

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If the Cowboys had some semblance of a rushing attack during the Dak era's playoffs, the Cowboys would have had way better playoffs results. Look up those playoffs games stats. The biggest issue that has hurt the Cowboys' playoffs success since 2016 has not been Dak. It's been the serious lack of a rushing attack.

Football 101
What you posted is football 101, every real Cowboys fan alive would always prefer having an elite running game.

Certain positions have to be downgraded in order to fit the entire cap in place, contracts are undeniable, so you have to pick your poison at a position that you believe you can get by with and go cheap there.

Thats RB here, and quickly surging throughout the entire league, RBs are being devalued not just here but League wide and there is a reason and premise cap wise for the devaluation at RB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Don Meredith - 101 Regular Season Games / 4 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1170 Pass Completions or 11.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 39 Pass Completions or 9.8 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,209 Pass Completions or 11.5 Pass Completions Per Game

Roger Staubach - 131 Regular Season Games / 20 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1,685 Pass Completions or 12.9 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 223 Pass Completions or 11.2 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,908 Pass Completions or 12.6 Pass Completions Per Game

Danny White - 166 Regular Season Games / 18 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 1,761 Pass Completions or 10.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 206 Pass Completions or 11.4 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 1,967 Pass Completions or 10.7 Pass Completions Per Game

Troy Aikman - 165 Regular Season Games / 16 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,898 Pass Completions or 17.6 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 320 Pass Completions or 20 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 3,218 Pass Completions or 17.8 Pass Completions Per Game

Tony Romo - 156 Regular Season Games / 6 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,829 Pass Completions or 18.1 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 114 Pass Completions or 19 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 2,943 Pass Completions or 18.2 Pass Completions Per Game

Dak Prescott - 114 Regular Season Games / 7 Playoff Games (link)
Regular Season: 2,595 Pass Completions or 22.8 Pass Completions Per Game
Postseason: 178 Pass Completions or 25.4 Pass Completions Per Game
Career: 2,773 Pass Completions or 22.9 Pass Completions Per Game

Football Passing Yards Formula II

More Passes Completed Per Game Over Career equals receivers, tight ends and running backs doing their freaking jobs like they are always supposed to do (catchable drops and passes through hands really grinds my gears :mad: )
i agree but he also has the highest comp% with the most passes that also says something...with the most pass attempts he is also going to have the highest yards and best comp% does that prove or disprove anything...probably not.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i agree but he also has the highest comp% with the most passes that also says something...with the most pass attempts he is also going to have the highest yards and best comp% does that prove or disprove anything...probably not.
It provides a better understanding how each quarterback compiled their passing statistics, including Dak Prescott. Context matters. Any time, any quarterback, at any level of the sport, attempts more passes, complete more passes, either overall or on average per game, over a notable timeframe, the most likely result is greater passing yardage than their peers.

This is not a negative for Prescott. It is an illustration for how he is on the verge of becoming the franchise's all-time passing yardage leader.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It provides a better understanding how each quarterback compiled their passing statistics, including Dak Prescott. Context matters. Any time, any quarterback, at any level of the sport, attempts more passes, complete more passes, either overall or on average per game, over a notable timeframe, the most likely result is greater passing yardage than their peers.

This is not a negative for Prescott. It is an illustration for how he is on the verge of becoming the franchise's all-time passing yardage leader.
i understand and like i said i agree, he throws the ball more for sure, but i think it should be mentioned that he also completes them at a higher % than the others..That math tells me maybe he isnt as inaccurate as some here want to lead us to believe.