Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Safety rules and more strict pass interference calls. Less holding calls, and QBs are treated like fine China in the modern league. More games....should I keep going?
Soooo, more like finally enforcing the rules in the book?

What do you prefer? The Burt Reynolds Mean Machine playing kind of football where there were no rules enforced and street football ruled?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said it wasn’t a team game I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? That Dak isn’t good enough to win with Sam Hurd as his best receiver? Ok?
Why are you changing the narrative? I never said anything about "dak winning with sam hurd".

We were talking about passing yards...remember?

Good lord dude...stop changing what people say and try to stick to the topic and what people actually write.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is your point? You are contradicting yourself….passing yards are stupid but rushing yards aren’t. Am I understanding this correctly?
Nope ...did NOT say that either.

This whole thing ...has been driven off the cliff by certain people who just can't manage to stay on topic or concentrate on what people actually say.

You CHANGE what they said...then call them nuts.

It's nuts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was it from 92-97?
I am not certain why @Aerolithe_Lion should address this question. He responded to the following question:

Which QB had the league's best rushing attack (and all time rushing leader) throughout his tenure while the other one hasn't?
The question contains the parameter 'throughout his tenure'. Aerolithe_Lion's answer;

Between 2016 and 2023, the Dallas Cowboys were fifth in the nfl in total rushing yards

Between 1989 and 2000, the Dallas Cowboys were 12th in the NFL in total rushing yards
--addressed the question by posting rushing statistics for both Troy Aikman and Dak Prescott throughout each of their tenures--to date, since Prescott's tenure is currently active.

Your question to Aerolithe_Lion does not directly correlate to the original question. It changes the parameter that was addressed to a period shorter than the parameter or 'throughout his tenure'.

I do not speak for Aerolithe_Lion but I am curious. Will you find it be acceptable for him to do as you have done--which was extracting a specific subset of seasons contained within the later period (e.g. 2016-2023)?

I ask... and allow me to preface my thought by pre-congratulating Prescott's accomplishment of becoming the franchise's all-time passing leader if it happens... because dissecting the parameter detracts from the original OP. The original OP includes all the passing statistics of the most prolific Dallas Cowboys' quarterbacks. A graphic was even included to emphasize the passing numbers. The information contained in the OP was re-emphasized in the question Aerolithe_Lion responded to.

Should the premise of passing statistics accomplished during an entire career a.k.a 'throughout his tenure' be altered to 'part of his tenure because of <fill in the blank> reason'?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Safety rules and more strict pass interference calls. Less holding calls, and QBs are treated like fine China in the modern league. More games....should I keep going?
That should do it.

And the guy claims to know so much more football than everyone else. :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NOTE: Edited for clarity

Your question to Aerolithe_Lion does not directly correlate to the original question. It changes the parameter that was addressed to a period shorter than the parameter or 'throughout his tenure'.
It's very odd to me...this person and one other do the exact same thing.

They change the narrative and comments to something else...argue that...and claim how stupid other people are about it.

It's maddening

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's very odd to me...this person and one other do the exact same thing.

They change the narrative and comments to something else...argue that...and claim how stupid other people are about it.

It's maddening
Well, I do not always dismiss counter questions if the information being introduced into the (sub) conversation clarifies a missed observation. In this particular instance, the question posed dealt with total rushing statistics relative to total passing statistics within an entire timeframe per player. The submitted answer fulfilled the posed question clearly, concisely and--most importantly--completely factual.

In my opinion, a follow-up counter question would suggest a disagreement with rushing statistics being applicable to passing statistics from 1989 through 2000. Instead, the focus was put upon rushing statistics between 1992 and 1997. My immediate question was why. The original question was not about comparative rushing statistics for 1992 - 1997 versus <fill in the year> - <fill in the year> for the other quarterback not equaling 2016 - 2023.

Again. Why? It does not directly pertain to the thread's topic, which is Dak Prescott eventually becoming the franchise's all-time passing yardage leader for all (no exceptions) completed passes he had thrown from 2016 through 2023 (no excluded seasons) and combined with potential total passing yards he may throw during this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hahaha...you Dak hating Romoholics are pathetic. Can't even be respectful Cowboys fans and just give Dak his well deserved congratulations. Nah. Instead, you have to create any lame excuse of twisting the game of football in order not to give Dak his due respect (something y'all never did against Romo when he became the Cowboys franchise passing leader). Y'all's lame attempts are so bad, you actually have the audacity to indirectly ridicule the way the game of football gives credits and accomplishments to QBs at every level of the game of football.

Sad. Actually, beyond sad. It's DDS (Dak Derangement Syndrome) in full bloom for all of social media to see.
:facepalm:

Congrats. :clap:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hahaha...you Dak hating Romoholics are pathetic. Can't even be respectful Cowboys fans and just give Dak his well deserved congratulations. Nah. Instead, you have to create any lame excuse of twisting the game of football in order not to give Dak his due respect (something y'all never did against Romo when he became the Cowboys franchise passing leader). Y'all's lame attempts are so bad, you actually have the audacity to indirectly ridicule the way the game of football gives credits and accomplishments to QBs at every level of the game of football.

Sad. Actually, beyond sad. It's DDS (Dak Derangement Syndrome) in full bloom for all of social media to see.

warner-8-5-17-photo-620x370.jpg

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

I personally congratulate Dak Prescott in becoming the third most prolific Cowboys QB, yardage-wise. Please don’t add me to your list of vitriol