Dak Prescott working on deep ball

Buzzbait

Reaction score
did I say he shouldn't practice,and should just settle for a dink donk qb?
Just worries me that we knew out of college that he didn't throw the long ball, and to me this should have been done ages ago

Yes you did, you said the "learning and growing time was OVER"!.
And it's a waste of time to state that he doesn't throw the long ball when you could go right back in this thread and watch a film clip of Dak throwing the ball about 55 yards in the air for a TD to Twill. And he was on target. I would call that a long ball.
Now if it appears that he needs to refine his technique for the sake of consistency, great. Work on it.
But ages ago? He's only been in the NFL 2 seasons and In 2016 he threw just about every kind of pass that exists and made it work.....hence NFL Rookie Of The Year.
Now they need to find out if the kid can still do it or not. If he can, they need to know. If not, they'll start looking again. But they're not going to take an NFL ROTY and throw him aside just because he hit a bump in the road. They'll know for sure before his contract expires, and maybe by the end of this year.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Still don’t know what kind of team we are. I know how the team was built and who we’ve paid......but it doesn’t match up with the plays we run.

In preseason it usually doesn't "match up with the plays we run". Be interesting if it did, but it doesn't.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Seriously?

It's preseason. Comon' man.
don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of Dak and have been. I would just like to see him throw some deep balls in the pre season. I know he hasn't played much but now is the time to test the time in my mind.

jsb357

Reaction score
Anyone who's been checking out his passes on the videos lately has surely noticed how much the staff has him focusing on the long balls. Here's hoping it pays off when the regular season rolls around. Of course, they don't show how many aren't successful, so there's that to ponder as well. At any rate, let's hope our secondary offers enough capable coverage to challenge him to improve noticeably. ~crossing fingers~ ;)

:muttley: