Dak Prescott working on deep ball

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Guys refine their deep ball and other type of throws their entire careers man. This is the time of year that's done

I hope your right brother. He had 17 games last year to work on it but kept on check’n down. The defense was clearly playing to stop the run. One on one outside.
I think switching to the spread is a big step in the wrong direction. They better keep pounding the rock and making their qb look halfway decent

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anyone say they're ready to pay Dak a monster contract yet, so what are you so worried about?
A little premature aren't you?

Yea prob so. But you saw the agent he hired. You know what’s coming. Let’s not pay the guy like we did miles Austin and others until he makes one single wr on his team better.

And don’t tell me Cole Beasley is taking us to a championship.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Guys refine their deep ball and other type of throws their entire careers man. This is the time of year that's done

Or they’ve proven they have one that needs to be respected. That hasn’t happened here. Pretty clear stuff if you’ve been keeping up.

Not saying I don’t like the guy. Good dude. Good leader. And It’s really cool he likes to fish and all that. But he needs to play good football first.

I hate Dan Mullen qb’s and he’s right there with Alex Smith and Tebow. Gonna look good calling those sec network games on saturdays if he doesn’t get better at football

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
If you're so worried about what the Cowboys pay their QB and what kind of return they get for their money, how much did they pay Romo to win a mere 2 playoff games and never advance beyond the divisional round in 11 years?
As for crying about excuses, Dak doesn't need excuses. If he's got what it takes, he'll be here for a long time, despite his impatient and unreasonable critics. If he doesn't have it, that'll become evident in due time, and you won't have to worry about monster contracts and 11 years to pay for 2 playoff W's again.
SJ isn't going to hand a huge contract to a QB that can't get us there.

Why you keep talking about romo? 2nd thoughts?

I’m not talking about romo. He’s gone. I want a qb that is capable of making our run game as easy as it should be considering where we’ve invested on our team. I don’t give a damn if Dan Marino is playing qb.

Love the team. Not the players

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Dak can work on all his flaw's which by the way are many.......in the end the Dak years will be remembered as the "Lost Years" and wasted talent as Zeke and our Offline will grow old waiting for Dak to learn this to learn that.....

Yep. And the good players will slowly fade away the more we pay the bad players.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. And the good players will slowly fade away the more we pay the bad players.

And everyone is forgetting injuries in the NFL.....but then again we use them here to excuse our QB why he can't perform.......other teams with injuries move on and WIN baby....then they will say its the coaches fault.....Dak Prescott is the biggest reason why our offense will sputter once again....and again and again and again.....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yea prob so. But you saw the agent he hired. You know what’s coming. Let’s not pay the guy like we did miles Austin and others until he makes one single wr on his team better.

And don’t tell me Cole Beasley is taking us to a championship.
If I had to guess as to our next WR star, I'd guess Gallup. That's not a prediction, just a guess.
And regardless of Dak's agent, S. Jones isn't going to pay the big big bucks based on 2017.
Meantime, I'm giving the kid a break. Based on 2016, Dak deserves a chance to show what he can do. If he doesn't make it, easy come easy go. But if he DOES make it, we'll have a franchise QB. Do yourself a favor and lower your blood pressure, give the kid a chance and we'll see how it goes.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

I’m not talking about romo. He’s gone. I want a qb that is capable of making our run game as easy as it should be considering where we’ve invested on our team. I don’t give a damn if Dan Marino is playing qb.

Because you keep complaining about paying out the big bucks to Dak which has NOT happened, yet most Dak haters have no problem with the monster money that was paid to Romo for only 2 playoff wins in 11 years. You guys don't like to talk about that, but you keep harping about Dak and the monster contract he has NOT received.....over and over like a broken record.
If Dak ever gets paid the BIG bucks and all we get out of it is 2 playoff wins in 11 years, I'll be just as upset about it as you are!

Till then, if you want to cry about it the whole rest of the year, I guess that's what you'll have to do, but it's not going to make any difference. Dak's going to get his chance this year, and there's nothing you can do about it. All the crying and moaning won't change a thing.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Good QBs are hard to find. We’ve been searching for one since Aikman retired. Let’s give Dak a little time to see if he can become a good QB before casting him aside and being saddled with another Hutchinson, Carter, or Romo.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I have more confidence in our new WR Coach. Our WRs look different running routes and they look more efficient in where they are supposed to be. You play how you practice and how you are coached and the schemes they put you in. Am hoping for the best.
The TE position?
I don't buy in to the hype the front office puts out regarding players during preseason. So many times these players disappear when the season begins and the Boys revert back to their failed ways when everything is said and done. They go too predictable and boring, and put too much stress on the O Line & running game to win games. I believe in weight distribution across the roster. Tyron Smith and now Frederick are showing the stress of bearing the weight of the team.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Please.. no more back ending a way into comparing Romo & Dak...
They are both Dallas Cowboy QBs with a different style of playing.
Staubach and Aikman were completely different, but both HOFs.
Be thankful for all of them. They each have their time in the NFL. Let's live in the present moment. This is where we are now.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Funny joke

In
If you're so worried about what the Cowboys pay their QB and what kind of return they get for their money, how much did they pay Romo to win a mere 2 playoff games and never advance beyond the divisional round in 11 years?
As for crying about excuses, Dak doesn't need excuses. If he's got what it takes, he'll be here for a long time, despite his impatient and unreasonable critics. If he doesn't have it, that'll become evident in due time, and you won't have to worry about monster contracts and 11 years to pay for 2 playoff W's again.
SJ isn't going to hand a huge contract to a QB that can't get us there.

I hope your right that Dak is good. And I hope your right that if he is just average, that we don’t unload the Brinks truck on him. Like I said, I don’t care who plays qb. But I do know our best bet to being any good is by running the football. And dak needs to get better at making that easier than it was last year. However he does it, I don’t care.

pansophy

Reaction score
Because you keep complaining about paying out the big bucks to Dak which has NOT happened, yet most Dak haters have no problem with the monster money that was paid to Romo for only 2 playoff wins in 11 years. You guys don't like to talk about that, but you keep harping about Dak and the monster contract he has NOT received.....over and over like a broken record.
If Dak ever gets paid the BIG bucks and all we get out of it is 2 playoff wins in 11 years, I'll be just as upset about it as you are!

Till then, if you want to cry about it the whole rest of the year, I guess that's what you'll have to do, but it's not going to make any difference. Dak's going to get his chance this year, and there's nothing you can do about it. All the crying and moaning won't change a thing.
You're right, nobody would have paid Romo what we paid him. We were nuts.

Hopefully we aren't nuts again with Dak -- he can't even make all the throws yet.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
If I had to guess as to our next WR star, I'd guess Gallup. That's not a prediction, just a guess.
And regardless of Dak's agent, S. Jones isn't going to pay the big big bucks based on 2017.
Meantime, I'm giving the kid a break. Based on 2016, Dak deserves a chance to show what he can do. If he doesn't make it, easy come easy go. But if he DOES make it, we'll have a franchise QB. Do yourself a favor and lower your blood pressure, give the kid a chance and we'll see how it goes.

I can live with that. And yes I do kind of not have a lot of patience but that’s just cause the salary cap and I think it’s hard to keep an offense like we have now, together forever these days.

I love andy dalton, but I’m glad we aren’t stuck with him like cincy is, ya know what I mean? He’s just good enough to keep his job but some weeks your like what the hell was that about.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Good QBs are hard to find. We’ve been searching for one since Aikman retired. Let’s give Dak a little time to see if he can become a good QB before casting him aside and being saddled with another Hutchinson, Carter, or Romo.

True. And certainly wouldn't want to be "saddled" with another Hutchinson or Carter, but if Dak turned out as good as Romo, I'd be glad to be "saddled" with that! I was a strong Romo fan. He had his faults, but he was still a good QB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
True. And certainly wouldn't want to be "saddled" with another Hutchinson or Carter, but if Dak turned out as good as Romo, I'd be glad to be "saddled" with that! I was a strong Romo fan. He had his faults, but he was still a good QB.
If he is as snake bitten as Romo is I want him far away from that bad luck charm. Seems like Romo has done nothing but walker under ladders, seen black cats, and broken mirrors. The number 9 jersey needs to be sacrificed.

loublue22

Reaction score

If Dak becomes 3/4th the QB Tony Romo was we should all be thrilled