Twitter: Dak Prescott's "Yaaaah! Here We Go" cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Oh my gawd, that was annoying. And it telegraphed the snap, too, because they hiked the ball immediately after every time.

Can't do that against the 49ers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was it "180"? For years and years I always thought it was "white 80". Not that i've tried to listen for 180 I can't tell what he's saying.
From bloggingtheboys:

• "Check With Me" System: Some teams use the check with me. In the huddle the QB calls two plays, but instead of using an alert call, he will alter his cadence. For example, Tony Romo's base cadence is "WHITE 80, WHITE 80, SET HUT!" This might be what people are hearing as "180". In the check with me system, the team would have a "live color" for example, green could be live. Then if Romo wants to check to the second play, he doesn't have to use a special alert call. He simply has to change the cadence to "GREEN 80 GREEN 80" which tells the offense they are moving to the second play call. If he uses any color besides green, the first play called is run. Some teams use the QB's cadence to help reinforce the play call, for example they may have a run play called "45" in their offense, and the QB may come to the line, and use the Cadence "Blue 45, Blue 45" and he may change his cadence to "Green 58 Green 58" (using green as our live color again), and he has changed the play from 45 to 58.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is kinda old news. I would, however, enjoy a little roasting of the defense, or some fun play on words.

Status
Not open for further replies.