Twitter: Dak Prescott's "Yaaaah! Here We Go" cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

coult44

Reaction score
Oh my gawd, that was annoying. And it telegraphed the snap, too, because they hiked the ball immediately after every time.

Can't do that against the 49ers.
Because it’s different than blue 42,
The here we go doesn’t determine the snap. This is 2023 ,

Qcard

Reaction score
No, this is new. In previous years, it was "Here we go 180-something"

Yep….McCarthy stripped the 180! It was gradual but the Romo cadence for the Linehan/Kellen offense is gone…

Chuck 54

Reaction score

When will the Fans at the Stadium start "Yaaaah Here We Goo...!!! :lmao: :hammer:
Flip the Script :laugh::dance::star::starspin:

Clearly, this was put in to avoid motion or shift penalties. He can still go on 1 or 2 or whatever, but it’s like saying no more audibles or OL chat. However, its silly to call it Dak’s. I’m sure it’s a coaching thing since we also heard Cooper Rush use it when he came in.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He's been doing the "yeah, here we go" to lead his cadence for quite some time. The calls behind it change all the time.

Qcard

Reaction score
Clearly, this was put in to avoid motion or shift penalties. He can still go on 1 or 2 or whatever, but it’s like saying no more audibles or OL chat. However, its silly to call it Dak’s. I’m sure it’s a coaching thing since we also heard Cooper Rush use it when he came in.
Who called ”it Dak’s”? It that was your brain deduced after looking at that tweet? :lmao2: :lmao:

1. Are you mentioning QB2 to get the Thread Locked? :facepalm::lmao2:

2. What is silly……Prescott and McCarthy developing/reinforcing a Cadence based on redlining Joystick??:lmao::lmao:

Qcard

Reaction score
From bloggingtheboys:

• "Check With Me" System: Some teams use the check with me. In the huddle the QB calls two plays, but instead of using an alert call, he will alter his cadence. For example, Tony Romo's base cadence is "WHITE 80, WHITE 80, SET HUT!" This might be what people are hearing as "180". In the check with me system, the team would have a "live color" for example, green could be live. Then if Romo wants to check to the second play, he doesn't have to use a special alert call. He simply has to change the cadence to "GREEN 80 GREEN 80" which tells the offense they are moving to the second play call. If he uses any color besides green, the first play called is run. Some teams use the QB's cadence to help reinforce the play call, for example they may have a run play called "45" in their offense, and the QB may come to the line, and use the Cadence "Blue 45, Blue 45" and he may change his cadence to "Green 58 Green 58" (using green as our live color again), and he has changed the play from 45 to 58.
Wow!! I always thought it was 180! But it makes more sense now.

Thank you for that great post:clap::hammer:

erod

Reaction score
Because it’s different than blue 42,
The here we go doesn’t determine the snap. This is 2023 ,
Go back and watch. As soon as he said it, he'd say "hut" and they snapped the ball.

The words are just weird, but what I didn't like was that there was no variation.

erod

Reaction score
Your boy did something similar all the time. Right after he said "set hut!" the ball would snap. Just about every time! Was that annoying to you too? Every QB has a cadence. It's very hard to go on a silent count.
Not what I mean. There was variance. In this game, it was identical every time.

Maybe they just knew the Patriots had nothing for them, but still, it's got to be different against the Niners. If Bosa knows exactly when we're snapping the ball every play, it's going to be a long day.

Qcard

Reaction score
This thread just shows me folks will have a problem with almost anything
Dak does.

He can't even start a play right. :lmao:
What till they realize they’ve been saying “180“ instead of correctly “White 80“

Some folks don’t want Prescott to have anything nice:lmao::lmao:

plymkr

Reaction score
i honestly kinda hate it, but i love it now cause it bothers our opponents fans even more
Lol, that’s how I feel. It’s total cringe but maybe it’s annoying the defensive players too. All my football friends are walking around saying “yeah here we go”, just to mess with me.

We were driving to lunch and every time the light would turn green I would say “yeah here we go”.

They didn’t invite me to lunch today

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This thread just shows me folks will have a problem with almost anything
Dak does.

He can't even start a play right. :lmao:
Exactly. This was the Cowboys' first game with the "top" crew on Fox and they are the ones that mentioned it during the broadcast and it took on a life of it's own.

I heard it since week one and never really gave it any thought until now. :laugh:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Here is PFM discussing the meaning of "Omaha".

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-explains-the-true-meaning-of-his-omaha-call/

During an appearance at the Adobe Summit in late March, Manning was asked what "Omaha" meant, and surprisingly, he actually answered the question.

"Omaha was just a indicator word," Manning explained from the Las Vegas event. "It was a trigger word that meant we had changed the play, there was low time on the clock and the ball needed to be snapped right now to kind of let my offensive lineman know that 'Hey, we'd gone to Plan B, there's low time on the clock.' It's a rhythmic three-syllable word, 'O-ma-ha, set hut.'"

Romo's "One-eighty" and Dak's "here we goooo" are just similar cadences.

Status
Not open for further replies.