Dak pressured, hit or sacked on 27 drop backs today

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was an awful game for Dak and the entire offense.
  • Lot's a drops (almost as bad as 2007 Giants Playoff loss, for perspective)
  • Lot's of terrible passes
  • Poor protection
  • Poor pre-snap recognition
  • Odd play-calling at times

I will say this; a part of the game that Dak still needs to improve on is pre-snap recognition.
He has always had issues with this when things weren't going well during a game.
The QB can adjust protection and even check out of pass plays.
He needs to improve there.

I think he will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not an excuse if that's part of what actually happened. Same with him missing throws.
Right they keep taking on this "excuse" narrative I guess because they want to hold him accountable for getting paid what he's getting paid. We can't sit here and erase what actually happened and what actually happened this team as a whole had issues.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That’s the most in a game this season, with the second most being 21. It’s the second most in an NFL game in the last 10 years.

Tell Dak to take a hot toddie and get back out there....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Right they keep taking on this "excuse" narrative I guess because they want to hold him accountable for getting paid what he's getting paid. We can't sit here and erase what actually happened and what actually happened this team as a whole had issues.
Not only did Prescott make some bad throws, but it's kind of hard to get back into a rhythm with that much pressure, no running game and WRs dropping passes that were actually on target.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

you know how it is...every other QB who has been paid never has a bad game....and this crowd has been screaming "No Excuses" since training camp...again betting the Cowboys dont win the SB is not some great call against the odds...good odds are on the field against any QB. I saw someone call it "the cowards bet" and thats pretty accurate...Fact is we know they want to say he will lose every game as they say "Im a real Cowboys fan"..but in reality they would lose most of those bets so they take the "Cowards bet"...it fits

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you know how it is...every other QB who has been paid never has a bad game....and this crowd has been screaming "No Excuses" since training camp...again betting the Cowboys dont win the SB is not some great call against the odds...good odds are on the field against any QB. I saw someone call it "the cowards bet" and thats pretty accurate...Fact is we know they want to say he will lose every game as they say "Im a real Cowboys fan"..but in reality they would lose most of those bets so they take the "Cowards bet"...it fits
Right....everyone thinks being a "real fan" is being pessimistic....its ridiculous.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Offensive line was an absolute embarrassment. Seems like McGovern and Biadasz played better than the other 3, and that’s really sad. It’s hard to win any game when there are multiple defenders in the backfield within 1 second of the snap
Joking right. If Smith was a no-go they should have stayed with Williams. There was 0 continuity on the left side.

Creeper

Reaction score
That is a lot of pressure for any QB to handle, but I cannot absolve Dak entirely for his performance. There is a lot of blame to be spread around.

What I don't understand is why they don't call more rollouts when Dak is getting so much pressure up the middle. At the very least it makes the DL run around a lot and tire them out. Maybe getting Chris Jones off the field for a few plays would have given them time to throw downfield.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We were no better with Cee-Dee lamb in the first half. Lamb is not the route runner Cooper is..not yet.
Steve Spagnuolo is the master of man coverage with pressure, we failed.

We were dominated
Then why not run, even if it's not working and only throw on 3rd down?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That is a lot of pressure for any QB to handle, but I cannot absolve Dak entirely for his performance. There is a lot of blame to be spread around.

What I don't understand is why they don't call more rollouts when Dak is getting so much pressure up the middle. At the very least it makes the DL run around a lot and tire them out. Maybe getting Chris Jones off the field for a few plays would have given them time to throw downfield.

Im going to guess it takes some success at the run game to get a successfull roll out going..otherwise you are rolling right into a DE who was whipping your LT and RT all day.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
As I said yesterday about 10 times QB’s need the time to throw the ball.. if they have to think about if the oline is going to be able to block.. it’s a done deal. Football 101.. Dak had enough time for maybe 1 or 2 reads. Smh. I guess it’s his fault that no one blocked for Zeke too.. smh.