Dak pressured, hit or sacked on 27 drop backs today

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep Line struggled.. but then where is the play calling?? Why not go into a run game.. toss sweeps.. short outs.. ANYTHING to stop KC bringing pressure straight up the middle all game?!!

KC played simple.. and copied Denvers game plan (with the same success).. cover man on man and stack the line... bring heat and see how you go.

Good teams are not going to be afraid of us.. the tape is out and as soon as we don't give Dak All-Pro pockets.. he collapses. Not one yard scrambling today.. despite many opportunities.. no quick passes to prevent sacks..

So yep OLine got beat (and badly!!!) but it is NOT all on them.. play calling, LOS adjustments and Dak all contributed.
All this is true, and I'm not happy with any of the offensive players today, but to be fair, we were without our #1 WR from the start, and our #2 WR for half the game, and our #3 WR just came back last week....Our kicker was 100% though! :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL..........you are a total liar. You said POINT blank that Parsons doenst affect the passing game and is one dimensional. YOu hated the pick.

You are far and away the biggest wrong way liar I have EVER seen. :muttley:

Get out of the business of trying to remember what others have said. You suck at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Get out of the business of trying to remember what others have said. You suck at it.

You are the board kick ball. Your huge bumbles are easy to remember.

Your Parsons gaff is up there with beatheard and Kaya being better than mahomes.

YOu have so many!!! :muttley:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That’s the most in a game this season, with the second most being 21. It’s the second most in an NFL game in the last 10 years.
Like I mentioned in another thread. Everyone on offense including Moore has some blame for this offensive mess, BUT the O line was PATHETIC, and gave us very little chance to consistently move the ball!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are the board kick ball. Your huge bumbles are easy to remember.

Your Parsons gaff is up there with beatheard and Kaya being better than mahomes.

YOu have so many!!! :muttley:

Im fine with my Parsons opinion. The edge rushing ability wasn’t there on his college tape. Even they Cowboys know they settled for a guy that wasn’t who they wanted.

Stop thinking. Leave that to me. Just sit back and learn.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed.

but Dak looked bad.

receivers looked bad

rb’s looked bad.

this entire offensive unit was the worst I’ve seen in a while. We played better against the Broncos overall than we did tonight. What a joke of a team.

Dak looked bad because receivers and Oline were bad.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im fine with my Parsons opinion. The edge rushing ability wasn’t there on his college tape. Even they Cowboys know they settled for a guy that wasn’t who they wanted.

Stop thinking. Leave that to me. Just sit back and learn.

Sure it was there I told you all about it. It was in his scouting report.

You just got it all wrong. Like you always do.

If your fine with getting it all wrong, then that tells me all I need to know. Low football IQ and low standards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak struggles against man coverage, holds the ball. You have to beat man with big plays one on one and the run game, put them in zone.
We couldn't do that with Amari out and then Lamb out.

It was bad game plan and bad execution

Dak plays QB, not WR. How pathetic is it that you havent even figured that out yet.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Offensive line was an absolute embarrassment. Seems like McGovern and Biadasz played better than the other 3, and that’s really sad. It’s hard to win any game when there are multiple defenders in the backfield within 1 second of the snap
Agreed. I think McGovern was better than Williams. I think with some more time together this can be a good unit. Hopefully, they won’t get Dak killed by then.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak made enough bad plays today without the effects of the OL that it's a bit crazy to me to sit here and suggest that Dak was bad BECAUSE everyone else sucked around him. No, Dak played poorly because at times, Dak played poorly. Yes, there were times that the OL totally failed him. Yes, there were times when the WRs failed him. But there were enough times where Dak failed the offense to the point that I don't think we can make Dak out to be some victim here who would have played great if the OL had played better.

I mean it wasn't the OL that forced him to make that god awful throw before the half that resulted in an interception and cost them points before the half. It wasn't the OL that forced him to whiff on an easy pass to Wilson later in the game on a crucial third down throw. It wasn't the OL that caused him to miss Brown wide open on a crossing route on another key third down in the 2nd half. All key plays that he botched on his own in a game where things were just not working. I expect my elite QB to make those plays in a game where the team needs someone to make a play for them.
OL didn't "force him" to make those throws but when you have to overcompensate you will make riskier throws. People are giving the Cowboys credit and they should but MAhomes had the lead he didn't have to make "risky" throws all he had to do was throw to a wide open Kelce and Tyreke and if they weren't he'd get sacked or throw a incomplete pass. Nothing risky or dangerous at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
OL didn't "force him" to make those throws but when you have to overcompensate you will make riskier throws. People are giving the Cowboys credit and they should but MAhomes had the lead he didn't have to make "risky" throws all he had to do was throw to a wide open Kelce and Tyreke and if they weren't he'd get sacked or throw a incomplete pass. Nothing risky or dangerous at all.

That's excuse making. It wasn't overcompensation that made him make a terrible throw to Lamb there. It was bad play by Dak plain and simple. When he was completely missed Brown on a big third down later in the game and instead took a sack, that's not overcompensation. That's just a bad play by Dak.

He played poorly yesterday.

When he plays well people want to gush about how great he was (rightfully so) but once he plays bad, well, it was a lot of other people's fault he played poorly. If one wants to claim he's an elite level QB, that he is a MVP candidate, that when this offense is on a roll it's because of him, then you have to accept that when he plays bad, you have to put blame on him and not then look around and try to blame everyone else for his shortcomings in a game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s the most in a game this season, with the second most being 21. It’s the second most in an NFL game in the last 10 years.
excuses roll out move throw on the run..mahomes was sacked 4-5 times as well they moved the pocket a lot, boots rollouts and mahomes hit his guys while dak was off all day,.,.

160mil qb needs to adjust tom the situation instead of needing a clean pocket all day..yes the OL wasnt great but he had time and most of the mistakes were on dak not the OL..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's excuse making. It wasn't overcompensation that made him make a terrible throw to Lamb there. It was bad play by Dak plain and simple. When he was completely missed Brown on a big third down later in the game and instead took a sack, that's not overcompensation. That's just a bad play by Dak.

He played poorly yesterday.

When he plays well people want to gush about how great he was (rightfully so) but once he plays bad, well, it was a lot of other people's fault he played poorly. If one wants to claim he's an elite level QB, that he is a MVP candidate, that when this offense is on a roll it's because of him, then you have to accept that when he plays bad, you have to put blame on him and not then look around and try to blame everyone else for his shortcomings in a game.
I'm not referencing just that throw. I'm saying Dak's game as a whole. He was playing like he was trying to overcompensate.

I don't know what "people" do but when he plays well its business as usual. I don't go to the extreme just like I don't go to the extreme on the opposite end of it. He played bad yesterday. Played bad against the Bronco's. Two bad games out of the year thus far? In regards to the whole "elite" talk....like I said above, Dak's play says what he is. Not his contract status, not one bad game....his career tells you what he is. I can only call the game how I see it. I

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
excuses roll out move throw on the run..mahomes was sacked 4-5 times as well they moved the pocket a lot, boots rollouts and mahomes hit his guys while dak was off all day,.,.

160mil qb needs to adjust tom the situation instead of needing a clean pocket all day..yes the OL wasnt great but he had time and most of the mistakes were on dak not the OL..
What game were you watching where you thought Dak had "time"? The hell? He was pressed or sacked on 27 snaps.....the hell lol? You do realize how piss poor that is? That's arguably one of the worst offensive line performances I've seen from this team in a few years. Probably since the Falcons game. I guess at least his time it was Chris Jones and not Adrian Clayborn.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What game were you watching where you thought Dak had "time"? The hell? He was pressed or sacked on 27 snaps.....the hell lol? You do realize how piss poor that is? That's arguably one of the worst offensive line performances I've seen from this team in a few years. Probably since the Falcons game. I guess at least his time it was Chris Jones and not Adrian Clayborn.
excuses

Daillest88

Reaction score
Just like the Denver game offense didn’t make adjustments, Dak was off from the get go, receivers couldn’t catch, blocking was actually worse. Missed opportunities,

defense tho did there Job this game. Had so many opportunities to bounce back and just couldn’t , cowboys could of really attacked that defense with pollard and ll if they wanted to. Moore isn’t ready to be a head coach yet

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I like Dak,'' said Johnson, speaking to Colin Cowherd on FSI. "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him." that Sunday couch coach doesn't know football..cam prescott MVP