Dak pressured, hit or sacked on 27 drop backs today

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s probably because some of the fans around here watch more than just Cowboys football and realize that all QBs suck when under this amount of pressure. Just like we understand Zeke and Pollard didn’t suck, The blocking did.

We hear guys who have played the game and in the HOF telling us what happens when your running game isn’t working and your QB is under this much pressure.

But I guess the members of Cowboyszone’s emotional overreaction threads right after a loss cancel out all of that.

So just for clarity, Dak wasn't bad today?

Or more specifically, today wasn't Dak's fault at all?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
everyone on offense stunk

starting with the 5 lineman

and even when they didnt stink Dak decided to stink
And when dak didnt stink wide receivers dropped balls . The offense never got off the bus . A total embarrassment .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's all a factor.

But watching some of you try to excuse his piss poor play is laughable. The OL was bad. The WRs dropped balls. Dak stunk.

All are true.

I'm not excusing his play. Are you talking about someone else?

A QB depends on the team around him. They let Dak down today more then anything Dak did.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone placing this game on Dak doesn't have an above average football IQ.

The OL was an utter embarrassment. The throws Dak did have time for, Wilson and N.Brown couldn't catch with a net.

Anyone who can't admit Dak wasn't very good today and was a problem ad contributed to the loss is just a Dak homer that seems incapable of fair criticism of Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone placing this game on Dak doesn't have an above average football IQ.

The OL was an utter embarrassment. The throws Dak did have time for, Wilson and N.Brown couldn't catch with a net.

Yep and trying to teach these football dummies is a waste of time.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
With Steele, McGovern, and Biadasz, that is 3 players with barely 17 games of starting experience COMBINED going on the road to one of the loudest atmospheres in the league. The OL was bad but Kellen's playcalling and Dak's composure did not help them either.

The game was never completely out of reach where they needed to abandon the run. Even Troy said that KC wasn't loading up on the box. Just because you get 2-3 yards on a carry does not mean you need to panic and go away from it. Keep pounding the ball instead of dropping back and throwing. You have to grind out some plays...not every rush will be a big gain and that's fine but don't panic. Instead, Kellen/Dak panicked and KC knew they could just pin their ears back and rush.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone who can't admit Dak wasn't very good today and was a problem ad contributed to the loss is just a Dak homer that seems incapable of fair criticism of Dak.

Dak wasnt good today because the team around him completely sucked. I know thats probably too complicated for you.

Sydla

Reaction score
With Steele, McGovern, and Biadasz, that is 3 players with barely 17 games of starting experience COMBINED going on the road to one of the loudest atmospheres in the league. The OL was bad but Kellen's playcalling and Dak's composure did not help them either.

The game was never completely out of reach where they needed to abandon the run. Even Troy said that KC wasn't loading up on the box. Just because you get 2-3 yards on a carry does not mean you need to panic and go away from it. Keep pounding the ball instead of dropping back and throwing. You have to grind out some plays...not every rush will be a big gain and that's fine but don't panic. Instead, Kellen/Dak panicked and KC knew they could just pin their ears back and rush.

I still think moving Steele to LT was a mistake. Sure, Collins isn't likely a LT either but Steele is a limited player who had finally settled in at RT and had found some consistency. Moving him to LT has had predictable results - he's struggled.

superonyx

Reaction score
So just for clarity, Dak wasn't bad today?

Or more specifically, today wasn't Dak's fault at all?
Dak was no worse than any QB in that situation. You can determine what that means to you.
Does that mean he isnt worth his contract as the thread stated?
If so then no player is worth their contract.

RamziD

Reaction score
It's a factor but he wasn't very sharp all game. He missed WRs that were open. On one of his later game sacks, there was a WR wide open crossing right in front of him and he pumped and got sacked.

He was bad today. It wasn't all on the OL for him. Why do some of you struggle to admit he sucked when he actually sucked?
Because he didn’t actually suck. His receivers dropped 5 or 6 balls, first of all. He didn’t play great but he played decent. There’s a big difference between playing ok when you are getting pressured relentlessly and missing key players on offense and just sucking.

Too many people think if Dak doesn’t play perfectly and put the game on his shoulders then he sucks. Every good QB has had days like today. How impressive has the great Mahomes looked this year? He looks above average, that’s it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak wasnt good today because the team around him completely sucked. I know thats probably too complicated for you.

No, Dak wasn't good today AND the team around him sucked.

Using the word "because" simply lets Dak off the hook.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, Dak wasn't good today AND the team around him sucked.

Using the word "because" simply lets Dak off the hook.

Who's letting Dak off the hook? I would never expect Dak to play well based on the garbage play around him today. I know you either dont like to admit it or dont understand the two are very connected.

If the Oline blocks and the receivers dont drop those very key passes, Dak has a much better day. Yet he still missed a few easy ones.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I commented in the game thread that I never remembered seeing a game where the pocket would just collapse instantly as the ball was snapped.

I mean INSTANTLY. I’m not going to freak out about Dak or the WRs, but the team will not win playoff games if the offensive line doesn’t seriously improve.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak was no worse than any QB in that situation. You can determine what that means to you.
Does that mean he isnt worth his contract as the thread stated?
If so then no player is worth their contract.

The thread started with a point about the number of hits he took today. But as is predictable on this board with the Dak homers, after poor performances (which aren't that often, mind you), the Daksters start running around looking for excuses to let him off the hook.

He was great last week. He stunk this week. I am not sure why people can't just admit it, instead trying to find ways to not have to admit that. One bad game today doesn't mean he stinks overall. It's actually simpler than that. He didn't play well today. He contributed to the loss in a significant way. Again, why is it so hard to admit that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now go home and cry

Apparently Im not the one crying. LOL

That would be you. This loss was actually encouraging to me. Defense is going to be incredible when we get healthy. Offense I am not the least bit worried about.