Dak pressured, hit or sacked on 27 drop backs today

just_catch_it

Reaction score
Offensive line was an absolute embarrassment. Seems like McGovern and Biadasz played better than the other 3, and that’s really sad. It’s hard to win any game when there are multiple defenders in the backfield within 1 second of the snap
Hopefully we get Tyron back soon! Other than that, Unfortunately don't think this is a quick fix may take a draft or two. Forget about all the #1 seed talk lets just hope the Eagles don't take the division. With all the injuries and the oline Not the only ones" sucking it is possible we get bounced from winning the division

Sydla

Reaction score
Who's letting Dak off the hook? I would never expect Dak to play well based on the garbage play around him today. I know you either dont like to admit it or dont understand the two are very connected.

If the Oline blocks and the receivers dont drop those very key passes, Dak has a much better day. Yet he still missed a few easy ones.

When you said Dak was bad "because" the team let him down, there is an implication there that Dak was basically a victim today, his poor play being the product of the team around him failing and not from anything he did.

mardwin

Reaction score
Apparently Im not the one crying. LOL

That would be you. This loss was actually encouraging to me. Defense is going to be incredible when we get healthy. Offense I am not the least bit worried about.

Defensive played great but Dak is not the engine that makes the offense go. It has been that way since he joined the league.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because he didn’t actually suck. His receivers dropped 5 or 6 balls, first of all. He didn’t play great but he played decent. There’s a big difference between playing ok when you are getting pressured relentlessly and missing key players on offense and just sucking.

Too many people think if Dak doesn’t play perfectly and put the game on his shoulders then he sucks. Every good QB has had days like today. How impressive has the great Mahomes looked this year? He looks above average, that’s it.

I just can't anymore. He wasn't decent.

I mean I guess it was everyone else's fault when he missed a couple open WRs.............. or left a big third conversion pass two yards short of Wilson............. or underthrew a key interception at the end of the half that could have given us momentum.

I don't need him to play perfectly. With our talent he just needs to play solid and he'll put up numbers. He was far from solid today (as was the rest of the team save for a few guys like Parsons on defense, etc.)

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Anyone who can't admit Dak wasn't very good today and was a problem ad contributed to the loss is just a Dak homer that seems incapable of fair criticism of Dak.

Dak didn't have a chance to be good when he was abused behind the line of scrimmage. It isn't being a Homer, it's watching the game.

He had minimal time to make decisions and for ball placement due to the OL being shredded.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When you said Dak was bad "because" the team let him down, there is an implication there that Dak was basically a victim today, his poor play being the product of the team around him failing and not from anything he did.

Most your statement is spot on. Dak was the victim of the players around him.

Dak also missed a few open passes early. The one on the first drive stands out.

So your "not anything he did " statement is more garbage.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I mean I guess it was everyone else's fault when he missed a couple open WRs.............. or left a big third conversion pass two yards short of Wilson............. or underthrew a key interception at the end of the half that could have given us momentum.

I don't need him to play perfectly. With our talent he just needs to play solid and he'll put up numbers. He was far from solid today (as was the rest of the team save for a few guys like Parsons on defense, etc.)

Its OK buddy, you dont understand football or QB play. We get it. There are many like you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak didn't have a chance to be good when he was abused behind the line of scrimmage. It isn't being a Homer, it's watching the game.

He had minimal time to make decisions and for ball placement due to the OL being shredded.

Easy easy analysis.

Zeke and Pollard also didnt have much of a chance.

superonyx

Reaction score
The thread started with a point about the number of hits he took today. But as is predictable on this board with the Dak homers, after poor performances (which aren't that often, mind you), the Daksters start running around looking for excuses to let him off the hook.

He was great last week. He stunk this week. I am not sure why people can't just admit it, instead trying to find ways to not have to admit that. One bad game today doesn't mean he stinks overall. It's actually simpler than that. He didn't play well today. He contributed to the loss in a significant way. Again, why is it so hard to admit that?
So many threads from you trolls that’s it’s hard to remember which is which. I guess a QB being under pressure more than any QB in the last 10 years in the NFL should not be a compensating factor us critical thinking non troll fans to use when determining blame.

You guys are a joke.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
He still stunk. Let's not make excuses for his poor play.
So just for clarity, what should Dak have done? Ask Scotty to beam him up back to the Enterprise so he could bring back blasters and more help?

How could you possibly disregard the sieve of an offensive line we had today and then throw in the caveat that "Dak sucked" as if there isn't some massive correlation to those two things?

It's amazing to me how many people don't get the teamwork variable relative to the greatest team sport in the world and how more than any sport, a lack of overall team efficiency and execution in football will destroy a game plan. Playing QB in the NFL isn't like MJ playing SG or SF in the NBA. If you're seeing the sky predominantly through your earhole all game as a QB, you're probably not going to have a good game. Good grief lol....

RamziD

Reaction score

Who’s asking you to?

Brooksey

Reaction score
You mean the first quarter? Cooper probably doesnt drop passes like some of the other scrubs. But it was the Oline today. To think that the offenses problem was no cooper is laughable.

Lamb who I love can't create separation off the line like Cooper can, which is critical with pressure in man or against the blitz. Cooper and S.Diggs two of the best route runners in the league.
Lamb is great on double moves downfield, better then Amari..both have strengths

I know you think you're smart but you're really just a big dum dum

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He still stunk. Let's not make excuses for his poor play.

Exactly.

The whole thing sucked but he looked like a guy that’s a product of the system and the system wasn’t helping him today.

That looked like the Dak I’ve watched before this season. Just a normal player.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
That’s the most in a game this season, with the second most being 21. It’s the second most in an NFL game in the last 10 years.

Add to that the questionable play calling and there’s your recipe for failure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Defensive played great but Dak is not the engine that makes the offense go. It has been that way since he joined the league.

Wrong!!

Dak is definitely the engine. Even with poor Oline play like last year we saw Dak lead the #1 offense in NFL history. Even with Zeke getting shut down.

But when its your Oline, Zeke, AND Cooper and Lamb are out we are pretty much screwed. And the line was particularly bad today.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Agreed.

but Dak looked bad.

receivers looked bad

rb’s looked bad.

this entire offensive unit was the worst I’ve seen in a while. We played better against the Broncos overall than we did tonight. What a joke of a team.
Remember that scene in Platoon where guys were getting in their foxholes waiting for the NVA to engage their assault? Yeah, that wouldn't have been your best scene in real life.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly.

The whole thing sucked but he looked like a guy that’s a product of the system and the system wasn’t helping him today.

That looked like the Dak I’ve watched before this season. Just a normal player.

Its already been proven you are the worst QB evaluator this site has EVER seen.