Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did Romo say that? In fact, Romo’s release was one of the quickest in the game as well. Further, Romo’s accuracy or inaccuracy is not be compared to Dak’s accuracy is inaccuracy.

Woodson said Romo was the best QB by the far the moment he walked into camp. Woodson said Romo was a passing QB. Aikman said regarding Dak that while one can improve accuracy through practice, you either truly have it or you don’t.

Even the Dallas FO basically points to the “it” factor for Dak and not his ‘passing skills’.

Now why would Dak need passing skills? Strange he doesn't play QB does he???? :muttley:

khiladi

Reaction score
Now why would Dak need passing skills? Strange he doesn't play QB does he???? :muttley:

The absurd lengths people go to make Dak what he is not. If they are going to talk about Romo, who spent his whole career saving this franchise from total collapse with a bunch of bums and journeyman at OL, not three all-pro lineman and no running game, with Garrett actually calling plays, at least talk about how his ability to diagnose defenses improved with experience. His passing skills were always legit ridiculous.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's gonna get paid.
Just relax and take it.
:muttley:

3-2.jpg

la la la la Oct 1st la la la la.....

Polkton31

Reaction score
As many as Marino, Tarkenton, Moon, just to name a few HOF QB's and there are more too. I've always gotten a kick out of people who find the only way they can defend their QB or any other player for that matter is to try and compare him to what they think is somebody else's failures, exactly what does that say about the QB you are trying to defend?

I'm not trying to defend Dak. I don't think Dak is an elite QB. In fact, I wouldn't put him in the top 5. Probably in the top 10. Of course, that is my opinion, yours is obviously different. I am merely pointing out that a double standard is being applied here. If you hate Dak... Good for you. I refuse to buy into the narrative that he is the second coming of Ryan Leaf. But, by all means, pretend like you know me after reading one sentence.
By the way, I don't watch TV much, so I must have missed Romo being inducted into the HOF. OR,,, were you defending Romo by pointing to someone else's perceived failure to win a Superbowl and still making it into the HOF?

Ken

Reaction score
Down with the Ship lol funny.....man as I place the Star above all even Dak may I sink all the way down to the bottom of the sea floor but Dak just won't allow it with his continuous dismal performances!!!!
In fact as there is no contract signed to date I might even dock and take a view of a new QB that's in town come the spring in Big D......Dak will tell the tale......
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
1-3 weeks were fantasy land. Maybe we can get East Carolina Pirates on the schedule and get that Fedex player of the week votes going again
Another fine and realistic respond.

*End of sarcasm.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Where did Romo say that? In fact, Romo’s release was one of the quickest in the game as well. Further, Romo’s accuracy or inaccuracy is not be compared to Dak’s accuracy is inaccuracy.

Woodson said Romo was the best QB by the far the moment he walked into camp. Woodson said Romo was a passing QB. Aikman said regarding Dak that while one can improve accuracy through practice, you either truly have it or you don’t.

Even the Dallas FO basically points to the “it” factor for Dak and not his ‘passing skills’.
It was a documentary and he was being interviewed. They were discussing how he got started. Very well done if you were a Romo fan.

I guess you also missed Aikman's recent statement that he was wrong about Dak's accuracy. "You either have it or you don't" is complete BS and proven wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
It was a documentary and he was being interviewed. They were discussing how he got started. Very well done if you were a Romo fan.

I guess you also missed Aikman's recent statement that he was wrong about Dak's accuracy. "You either have it or you don't" is complete BS and proven wrong.

No, I didn’t miss it. I also heard Aikman’s plenty of comments during the ‘recent statement’ of Dak constantly throwing behind his WRs, including the one where Jarwin was wide open on the play action.

Did you notice my comment where I said Aikman said QBs that don’t have accuracy can still improve it?

and like I said, Romo was known as a passing QB from the beginning and even if his own humility says he wasn’t as accurate as later in his career, it surely doesn’t mean it’s Dak type of accuracy of inaccuracy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
the problem is Romo was talking about himself when he was 4 years old if he said it, maybe you could post that link so everyone gets some clarity on this..
Incorrect and silly at best.
I could probably spend the time to find it for you, but your little minds are set regardless. Look for yourself. It was a documentary of Romo, great show if you're a fan. Surprised it's such a mystery to those suffering from Survivors Guilt Syndrome.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Clearly you havent read my posts but I thought I have stated many times that hes not the best and not the worst. Just Mr. Mediocre like he was ranked #17 in QBR last season. Hes no Ryan Leaf, thank God, but hes no Brady so dont pay him the Massive contract he wants. Cant keep on facing Dolphins and Commanders every week and inflating those stats

I hear you. My question is this: If we are going to judge Dak as mediocre based on his QBR, then why do we dismiss other stats? I agree that Dak hasn't reached elite status. Hopefully he will.
I know we all have preconceived ideas about what a QB should be and how they should play. Apparently, you and I have different things we use to judge a QBs play, and I am cool with that.
I didn't mean any disrespect to you for your opinion. I was just pointing out mine is a bit different.
By the way, I did read your posts. I even gave you a like on a couple.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm not trying to defend Dak. I don't think Dak is an elite QB. In fact, I wouldn't put him in the top 5. Probably in the top 10. Of course, that is my opinion, yours is obviously different. I am merely pointing out that a double standard is being applied here. If you hate Dak... Good for you. I refuse to buy into the narrative that he is the second coming of Ryan Leaf. But, by all means, pretend like you know me after reading one sentence.
By the way, I don't watch TV much, so I must have missed Romo being inducted into the HOF. OR,,, were you defending Romo by pointing to someone else's perceived failure to win a Superbowl and still making it into the HOF?

By "Hate", do you mean that there is a deep seeded resentment toward him personally and that his family and genetic code should be expunged from this very earth and that his very name be censored from all future utterance, that his #17 QBR ranking be wiped off NFL rankings, that all Chunky Beef and Chunky Chicken commercials cease to exist?........................or does that qualify as merely critiquing him?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, I didn’t miss it. I also heard Aikman’s plenty of comments during the ‘recent statement’ of Dak constantly throwing behind his WRs, including the one where Jarwin was wide open on the play action.

Did you notice my comment where I said Aikman said QBs that don’t have accuracy can still improve it?
When did Aikman say he constantly threw behind players. Are we talking last year? College? When?

If you can improve accuracy, then the statement that you are either accurate or your not makes zero sense.

Hopefully the offense improves as a unit so all you haters crawl back under your rocks.

Polkton31

Reaction score
By "Hate", do you mean that there is a deep seeded resentment toward him personally and that his family and genetic code should be expunged from this very earth and that his very name be censored from all future utterance, that his #17 QBR ranking be wiped off NFL rankings, that all Chunky Beef and Chunky Chicken commercials cease to exist?........................or does that qualify as merely critiquing him?

OK, that was funny.

shabazz

Reaction score
I hear you. My question is this: If we are going to judge Dak as mediocre based on his QBR, then why do we dismiss other stats? I agree that Dak hasn't reached elite status. Hopefully he will.
I know we all have preconceived ideas about what a QB should be and how they should play. Apparently, you and I have different things we use to judge a QBs play, and I am cool with that.
I didn't mean any disrespect to you for your opinion. I was just pointing out mine is a bit different.
By the way, I did read your posts. I even gave you a like on a couple.

Very well thought out and expressed. But like I said, does he command massive money if he is to be the franchise? If the salary cap went bye bye, I say five him 100mil a year if thats the guy they want for the next 6 years

khiladi

Reaction score
When did Aikman say he constantly threw behind players. Are we talking last year? College? When?

If you can improve accuracy, then the statement that you are either accurate or your not makes zero sense.

Hopefully the offense improves as a unit so all you haters crawl back under your rocks.

Aikman was pointing it out half the Giants game, where you claim he said he was ‘wrong’.

And yes, it makes perfect sense. Some people are genetically gifted to play Qb and some aren’t. Those latter, while they can improve their accuracy are not going to throw the ball like Aaron Rodgers, no matter how much they practice. That’s exactly what Troy meant.

You can practice shooting threes like Curry, it doesn’t mean your going to get his incredibly quick release and ridiculous motor skills and hand eye coordination that allows him the subtle movements to shoot threes with defenders right in his face.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Incorrect and silly at best.
I could probably spend the time to find it for you, but your little minds are set regardless. Look for yourself. It was a documentary of Romo, great show if you're a fan. Surprised it's such a mystery to those suffering from Survivors Guilt Syndrome.
it was meant as a joke but it amazing never a link to be found, as for survivors guilt not sure what you mean there.

shabazz

Reaction score
To be honest alot of the critiquing was in response to the Hysteria of post like "is Dak the Best QB in the NFL". So some of us knew that tougher games were coming and these posts wouldnt be repeated. 25 years without sucess is way too long so I hope to Helll that he turns out to be the right guy but until that were gonna have some disagreements on the way. Best way to shut people up is to win a Super Bowl, but that cant be done by himself so we measure stats and game play in lieu of that. I personally think that daks play has been inconsistent but watching Mahomes play should enlighten people to how really well it can be played even against really tough defenses

All teams cant have Mahomes or Brady so I just dont want to overpay if not merited so we can pay a better supporting cast then we currently have

Polkton31

Reaction score
Very well thought out and expressed. But like I said, does he command massive money if he is to be the franchise? If the salary cap went bye bye, I say five him 100mil a year if thats the guy they want for the next 6 years

If I controlled the money, I absolutely don't make him the highest paid QB. I pay him fair market value based on other contracts around the league and his performance compared to those other QBs.