Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Thanks I took at look at thru ESPN. Something they’ve created but not acknowledged by NFL , at least officially yet. More of a noisemaker if it supports your guy or narrative. And probably helpful if your handicapping a qb or team to wager on.

Yep, like all stats. Some stats are better than others though, and it seems that QBR is one of the better ones when evaluating performance .

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wait Willie you must have missed it somehow, I said where I said those were your MVP odds. But you didn't.

So you were..... lying like I said you were?

Your initial post I gave was about yardage, of which Dak is only 15 yards away with Cooper, Cobb, and Smith? As his receivers with normal quarters. Then you switched it entirely to last two game stats that's when I provided QBR.

Come on Willie, you aren't this stupid to where you can't even keep up with such a simple conversation, right Willie? My bar I set for you was pretty damn low, but you seem to not even meet that standard LOL.

:facepalm:

And yes I know how QBR is calculated, do you even have the faintest idea?

@WillieBeamen yet again lost and was unable to even answer. We didn't even have to start any of this.

You wouldn't have had to lie and I wouldn't have had to make you look bad yet again. I gave you two chances to tuck tail buttercup, but you were glutton tor punishment.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, like all stats. Some stats are better than others though, and it seems that QBR is one of the better ones when evaluating performance .
I don’t have a problem using it to evaluate performances. My issue much like with the passer rating is using to to rank QB’s.

shabazz

Reaction score
Apple meet orange. You took the "L" as soon as you compared him to Dilfer.

Clearly missed the point I was making. Don't get fixated on a minor example. Look at the broader message being made in the statement. And avoid getting Triggered if Dak and Dilfer may be in the same sentence. Is Brad Johnson and the Buccaneers a more comfortable analogy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Clearly missed the point I was making. Don't get fixated on a minor example. Look at the broader message being made in the statement. And avoid getting Triggered if Dak and Dilfer may be in the same sentence. Is Brad Johnson and the Buccaneers a more comfortable analogy?
I’m good with some of the criticism on Dak and more in the middle on him but I’d definitely argue he’s much more than either Dilfer or Johnston.

The Cowboys are much more dependent on our QB and offense than either Tampa or Balt and those two QB’s. We don’t have as dominant a defense as either those Championship teams to only need a Bus Driver.

I’d put Dak more into the Eli or Flacco neighborhood at this time.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m good with some of the criticism on Dak and more in the middle on him but I’d definitely argue he’s much more than either Dilfer or Johnston.

The Cowboys are much more dependent on our QB and offense than either Tampa or Balt and those two QB’s. We don’t have as dominant a defense as either those Championship teams to only need a Bus Driver.

I’d put Dak more into the Eli or Flacco neighborhood at this time.

Agree. I definitely put him in the Eli 2019 neighborhood too. Namaste.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Keep lowballing, and I will let you know when you get it right.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
hes a starting QB whos had success,

so let this sink in,

He will get paid 32-35 mil regardless of 2019s performance...

its the dreaded qb market and by 2020 new CBA on the way, bigger Salary Cap, thats way down the list...

there are many examples of average to above average qbs making too much money..

So what are our options, we can win with Dak , do we simply let him walk after a yr or 2 of FT? start over or pay him and try and win and with our current window open enough?

its the nature of the business currently..

Here's the dilemma Daks not taking less then Wentz and Goff , he will force the cowboys hand or walk..:popcorn:

I say let him walk or franchise him for one year, because the flip side of what your saying is "do you want to tie up 6-7 years of big cap space into him" Whatever deal he signs will ultimately have a very high amount of guaranteed dollars in it, so to me it's not a question of do you let him walk now but a question of do you really think he is the guy because whatever deal he signs you will be tied to him for 6-7 more years

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No lies in this statement.
Its nothing but lies in that statement. You people most likely don't even know fans from other fan bases like that outside of twitter or the Internet. Y'all then take that limited cycle of cry babies and assigning truth to them because some of the fans of your own team you don't agree with? Then y'all have the nerve to talk about stupid. People have a lot of nerve on this planet we call Earth.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
At worst case Dak is a good bus driver who does not turn the ball over. At best case he is a pretty good QB at least in the top 10 right now in the league.

Dak has opted to let the season play out, it will be to his benefit or detriment. I don't really want it to be to his detriment other than the salary cap implications. It is kind of a no win situation for the Cowboys unless they win the Super Bowl. If he does poorly the Cowboys will do poorly. If he does well the Cowboys will do well but only makes it worth 35 mill or so if they win a Super Bowl and then that big of contract hurts your future a great deal.

We win that game without the other turnovers no matter what we think of Dak's play.
I think he's more closer to the worse case which is why I call him Alex Smith Jr. He's not great but dang sure isn't bad but whenever you get a chance to replace him like KC did with Mahommes you should. If you can't he's obviously serviceable esp with the talent around him. I don't think he'll ever do like a Romo and get some random paid that ends up doing nothing when they leave but if the talent around him is decent he can do what he's doing now.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The Dak Lynch Mob about as funny as Garrett’s

20732.jpg.cf.jpg
Why are they all looked at the same? Is it because your more aligned with one over the other. All the extreme pov are the same period no matter what side their on.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
@WillieBeamen yet again lost and was unable to even answer. We didn't even have to start any of this.

You wouldn't have had to lie and I wouldn't have had to make you look bad yet again. I gave you two chances to tuck tail buttercup, but you were glutton tor punishment.
Take your meds and go away

You were owned and now are crying for my attention.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its nothing but lies in that statement. You people most likely don't even know fans from other fan bases like that outside of twitter or the Internet. Y'all then take that limited cycle of cry babies and assigning truth to them because some of the fans of your own team you don't agree with? Then y'all have the nerve to talk about stupid. People have a lot of nerve on this planet we call Earth.

Uhm, what?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
1. There aren't only Dak haters. Never said there was.
2. There are Heath haters, D-Law haters, and Zeke haters. Unfortunately, this post was about Dak, not any of the others. So, I didn't address any of those.
3. Dak has polarized this hang out because of posters like you and a couple others.
4. I'm not your bud. I wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street and said hello. I can count my true friends on less than both hands. But they have proven they will go to battle with me, and die for me if necessary. I feel the same about them.
5. What you do isn't critique. Look up the definition. The only part of the definition of a critic that you fall under is; one given to harsh or captious judgment. If captious is a word you are unfamiliar with, it is defined as; tending to find fault or raise petty objections. Marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections. If you were really just a critic, you would critique Dak fairly instead of the one-sided BS you have been doing.
6. A better way to define you is Internet Troll: a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.
7. Before the season started, this board had to put up with your diatribe against Dak. This board also had to put up with your Dak memes. You know, like the one with Zeke and the o-line pulling Dak in a wagon. Then the season starts and Dak is posting great stats. (Even if the competition wasn't play-off caliber) What happens? You change your meme to one of Joe Looney and quietly disappear. Next, the Cowboys lose a game to the Saints. What do you know!! Here you come... rushing back with a new Dak meme saying,"Y'all got any more of those crappy teams?". I wonder why the old bike meme didn't go back up... OH, that's right... It's because your man Zeke and the o-line stunk it up worse than Dak did. Then, when you get called on it, your response was,"I wasn't hiding. I just wasn't going to participate in your fantasy outlook". What you should have said was,"I didn't have anything to whine about, so there was no sense in me posting. But now, since the Cowboys have lost, I can come back and start blaming Dak again".
Your last sentence is the best of all of them though. "Only Dak can silence the non-believers". This is BS and you know it. Even if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you will be right here saying it was because Zeke, Gallup, Cooper, the o-line, and the defense carried Dak across the finish line.
Your true colors were revealed a long time ago. You live for the Cowboys to lose so you can ride in here like the conquering hero, waving your BS. "I told you so" flag proudly above your head.
I just want to keep this great post current in the discussion. I don’t want to see it buried and forgotten.

It should be quoted every so often to keep it seen in this long thread.