Dak, proves he's average. Needs to be paid so **merged**

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I just want to keep this great post current in the discussion. I don’t want to see it buried and forgotten.

It should be quoted every so often to keep it seen in this long thread.

Polkton31’s post may be post of the year.
After reading it, you may want to lump me in as a Heath and Witten hater. :D

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ok, just so I can make sure we are on the same page... When the Cowboys win a game, it is either because they played a weak team, or the players around Dak carried him? But... When the Cowboys lose a game, it's Dak's fault because he is below average? Forget about fumbles, missed blocking assignments, penalties, dropped passes, etc. See, the problem I have with some of the Dak haters, is they always have an excuse as to why Dak shouldn't get any credit for the win, but they always give Dak "FULL" credit for the loss. The other problem I have with some of the Dak haters, is when Dak is playing good, there is no sign of them or their Dak hating memes. In fact, some of them change their memes altogether. But... let Dak have a bad game, and they flood the board en masse. It seems a little cowardly to me. Of course, that might be the 22 year Army Ranger in me talking. I believe if you say something, be man enough to stand up and own it. Good or bad, Right or wrong... Own it. Don't say it, then hide until you can say,"See, I was right" or "See, I told you so". Dak might not be an elite QB, but he damn sure isn't the only reason the Cowboys lost to the Saints. Anyone laying the blame solely on Dak for that loss, knows absolutely nothing about football.

Excellent post!

Polkton31

Reaction score
Polkton31’s post may be post of the year.
After reading it, you may want to lump me in as a Heath and Witten hater. :D

I'm right there with you on Heath... Witten, I am torn on. I love the guy and everything he has been for the Cowboys, but at this point in his career, I think Jarwin should get the start. Witten is still serviceable, but he is a shell of what he once was. You know the old saying,"Father Time is undefeated". At this point, I think Witten is getting close to being a TKO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm right there with you on Heath... Witten, I am torn on. I love the guy and everything he has been for the Cowboys, but at this point in his career, I think Jarwin should get the start. Witten is still serviceable, but he is a shell of what he once was. You know the old saying,"Father Time is undefeated". At this point, I think Witten is getting close to being a TKO.

Witten never did more than catch a 30 yard seem pass once in a while and make first downs on 3rd and 4. Was always a good blocker and leader.

Jarwin has better speed, but still cant block.

jnday

Reaction score
1. There aren't only Dak haters. Never said there was.
2. There are Heath haters, D-Law haters, and Zeke haters. Unfortunately, this post was about Dak, not any of the others. So, I didn't address any of those.
3. Dak has polarized this hang out because of posters like you and a couple others.
4. I'm not your bud. I wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street and said hello. I can count my true friends on less than both hands. But they have proven they will go to battle with me, and die for me if necessary. I feel the same about them.
5. What you do isn't critique. Look up the definition. The only part of the definition of a critic that you fall under is; one given to harsh or captious judgment. If captious is a word you are unfamiliar with, it is defined as; tending to find fault or raise petty objections. Marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections. If you were really just a critic, you would critique Dak fairly instead of the one-sided BS you have been doing.
6. A better way to define you is Internet Troll: a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.
7. Before the season started, this board had to put up with your diatribe against Dak. This board also had to put up with your Dak memes. You know, like the one with Zeke and the o-line pulling Dak in a wagon. Then the season starts and Dak is posting great stats. (Even if the competition wasn't play-off caliber) What happens? You change your meme to one of Joe Looney and quietly disappear. Next, the Cowboys lose a game to the Saints. What do you know!! Here you come... rushing back with a new Dak meme saying,"Y'all got any more of those crappy teams?". I wonder why the old bike meme didn't go back up... OH, that's right... It's because your man Zeke and the o-line stunk it up worse than Dak did. Then, when you get called on it, your response was,"I wasn't hiding. I just wasn't going to participate in your fantasy outlook". What you should have said was,"I didn't have anything to whine about, so there was no sense in me posting. But now, since the Cowboys have lost, I can come back and start blaming Dak again".
Your last sentence is the best of all of them though. "Only Dak can silence the non-believers". This is BS and you know it. Even if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you will be right here saying it was because Zeke, Gallup, Cooper, the o-line, and the defense carried Dak across the finish line.
Your true colors were revealed a long time ago. You live for the Cowboys to lose so you can ride in here like the conquering hero, waving your BS. "I told you so" flag proudly above your head.
I am one of Pappy’s biggest supporters and I know for a fact that he pulls for this team to win every game. Pappy did not run and hide during these first three games because he believes, like I do, that Dak would return to his mediocre self as soon as he faced decent defense. You guys kill me when you try to judge others fandom. There are many things that Dak lovers calls us, but it rolls off of our back. We have valid opinions that is shared by millions of people. This board is not the only place where Dak is discussed and it would serve you well to visit other boards and FB pages to open your eyes to the fact that there are tons of fans that don’t like Dak. Their opinions doesn’t effect their fandom at all. Me and Pappy, along with many others, are long term fans and I am sure that Dak is not the first player that we disliked.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't say it's one game.

He beat up and bullied easy teams. As soon as a real big dog comes around, he bends and folds.

I been saying we better not handicap ourselves to this fool.

I hope you all see it now.

I would argue if he proved he's average you don't pay him at all. This is the Dallas Cowboys. It would be a smack in the face of our threefathers, Tex, Tom and Gil, to settle for average at QB.

jnday

Reaction score
QBR lol man points win games so you take that QBR and pray Jerry agrees with you and gives your DAK that massive contract that will end up destroying this team as we will lose valuable players and years paying a bus driving QB who unless perfection is on the field from Zeke to the Offline and defense can't win squat!
There are several of these guys that are cheering for Jerry to overpay Dak to make him the highest paid QB in the league. They think that a big contract will make him legit. They don’t take into consideration that Dak’s big contract will destroy the salary cap and team for years to come. It makes me question if they are Cowboys fans or Dak fans.

Polkton31

Reaction score
I am one of Pappy’s biggest supporters and I know for a fact that he pulls for this team to win every game. Pappy did not run and hide during these first three games because he believes, like I do, that Dak would return to his mediocre self as soon as he faced decent defense. You guys kill me when you try to judge others fandom. There are many things that Dak lovers calls us, but it rolls off of our back. We have valid opinions that is shared by millions of people. This board is not the only place where Dak is discussed and it would serve you well to visit other boards and FB pages to open your eyes to the fact that there are tons of fans that don’t like Dak. Their opinions doesn’t effect their fandom at all. Me and Pappy, along with many others, are long term fans and I am sure that Dak is not the first player that we disliked.

Glad you like Pappy. I don't. It's that simple. I know what I saw and what I read. You coming on here and claiming something different doesn't change my opinion. Pappy is a blowhard that goes into every thread with the intent of turning it into a "Dak Sucks" thread. As far as killing you by judging others fandom, I call it like I see it. If you come on here gloating every time the Cowboys lose, like Pappy does, then expect people to question your "Fandom". As far as opinions that are shared by millions of people... It reminds me of what Booker T. Washington once said. "'A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority." Last thing, There are a lot of players I don't like, I just don't make it my mission to bash them in every thread I respond to.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So where was the Dak that bullied the easy teams?

When continuously given Elliott between the tackles as the plays coming from Moore when that wasn't working and that Prescott's fault? Gee were the receivers getting wide open - NO! Did Cooper have 3 drops - YES Did Cobb have 3 drops - YES Did the receivers get open deep - ONCE Jarwin. Did Elliott and Witten have uncharacteristic fumbles - YES. But somehow Prescott is entirely to blame. Could he have played better - of course but that's true for the ENTIRE team. Before anyone decide to make your kind of proclamation you should wait and see how thing pan out and not make knee jerk reaction to a sing game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's what you obviously haven't picked up on. Many of the users here also visit other boards so there's this group of users that dislike Prescott and because these same people, something using different user names on each board, spout their dislike and then you say that Prescott isn't liked on other boards when in reality it very well can be in large part the same group that do it here. Now I'm not saying that 100% of the dislike on other boards is the same group here but what I am saying is it very well could be a large part of it.

Them

Reaction score
...Dak will have a new contract...about 35 Mil guaranteed....He will be the Franchise QB for the near future...He will be a winner...Fans will just have to live with it...Not so sure about JG...He could be gone soon...IMMHO!...

aria

Reaction score
Somewhat playing devils advocate here. Why should Dak be considred average and payed like it while Zeke should be paid as one of the top 2 RB’s in the league? They’ve both had very good stats respective to their position and both have looked mediocre at best against better defenses. Zeke holds the rushing record 2 out of 3 years mainly because he carried the ball more than any other RB. Dak has a lot of QB records but people like to bash him for one or two bad games whereas Zeke gets a free pass and a lot of you supported him sitting out 2 years before his contract was up and said he deserved the money. What’s the difference?

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
There are several of these guys that are cheering for Jerry to overpay Dak to make him the highest paid QB in the league. They think that a big contract will make him legit. They don’t take into consideration that Dak’s big contract will destroy the salary cap and team for years to come. It makes me question if they are Cowboys fans or Dak fans.

The ones cheering for an overpay are the real trolls

shabazz

Reaction score
It time for Cowboyzone to install the Dakota Prescott Sub-Forum. All things Dakota can be directed at that forum exclusively. It can be heavily moderated and only fluffy soliloquy's praising the Anointed One can fill it. Currently there are many sensitive youngsters breaking down before our very eyes if any criticism is heaped at Rayne. We must create this Safe-Space for the good of the children