News: Dak ranked 50

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's those OTHER greats they're talking about, not the ones you named off.

You could even throw Troy Aikman in there. They tend to hate on Aikman though for some reason. I guess because he was a leader that won games over putting up those pretty shiny numbers.

The list is long and Dak is ever far from the top of it.
I have him ranked #5

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In Tom Brady’s first 4 years starting, he won 3 superbowls.

In Dan Marino’s first 4 years he made a super bowl, made a second AFCCG, set the season record for TD passes at 48, and set the all time record for yards and TDs in a players first 4 years.

In Joe Montana’s first 4 years he won 3 playoff games, a super bowl, and led the league in a myriad of passing stats.

In John Elway’s first 4 years he went to the playoffs 3 times, went to the Super Bowl, and won 11+ games 3 years straight.

Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 his rookie season, and then won the super bowl his second season. 5 playoff wins in that span.

In Russel Wilson’s first 4 years he had 4 consecutive 10+ win seasons. He made 3 out of 4 pro bowls. He won 6 playoff games, made 2 Super Bowls, and has a championship ring.

Heck, even in Mcnabb’s first 4 years he won 11+ games 3 straight times, made the playoffs 3 times, won the NFCE twice, made 2 NFCCG and won 5 playoff games.

Now I like Dak Prescott. He puts up some very efficient stat lines. But to say Dak’s first 4 years belong in the category with any of those guys is a very odd thing to say. Do you think fans of those teams would trade those years for Dak’s?
In Dak's first 4 seasons he played for Garrett....bam mic drop LOL..

Not sure if I did that right lol

GMO415

Reaction score
Wasn't he on pace for throwing 4k yards? Come on now people......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

In Dan Marino’s first 4 years he made a super bowl, made a second AFCCG, set the season record for TD passes at 48, and set the all time record for yards and TDs in a players first 4 years.

In Joe Montana’s first 4 years he won 3 playoff games, a super bowl, and led the league in a myriad of passing stats.

In John Elway’s first 4 years he went to the playoffs 3 times, went to the Super Bowl, and won 11+ games 3 years straight.

Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 his rookie season, and then won the super bowl his second season. 5 playoff wins in that span.

In Russel Wilson’s first 4 years he had 4 consecutive 10+ win seasons. He made 3 out of 4 pro bowls. He won 6 playoff games, made 2 Super Bowls, and has a championship ring.

Heck, even in Mcnabb’s first 4 years he won 11+ games 3 straight times, made the playoffs 3 times, won the NFCE twice, made 2 NFCCG and won 5 playoff games.

Now I like Dak Prescott. He puts up some very efficient stat lines. But to say Dak’s first 4 years belong in the category with any of those guys is a very odd thing to say. Do you think fans of those teams would trade those years for Dak’s?

Look at the numbers if you like. Daks first 4 years stacks up against some of the best. I didnt say all the best. You pointed out a few that were better. Some guys had more team success as you pointed out. Thats a pretty short list right there.

Russel Wilson won the SB throwing for 150 yards per game in some of those games. You think Wilson wins any SB's without the legion of boom?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stop bringing logic and facts into this.

Here are the comparisons with Tom Brady and the statistics:

instagram.com
Saved from instagram.com

****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** on Instagram: “Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Don’t say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls, because at that point you are…”
Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Dont say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls because at that point you are comparing Bill Belichick to Jason Garrett! Im comparing Facts vs Opinions! Tom Brady dinked and dunked down the field just like Dak and if you add in the 18 rushing TDs Dak Prescott got within his first 3 years the numbers would favor Dak even more. Thats another story for another day...
https://www.pinterest.com/lawnation/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Look at the numbers if you like. Daks first 4 years stacks up against some of the best. I didnt say all the best. You pointed out a few that were better. Some guys had more team success as you pointed out. Thats a pretty short list right there.

Russel Wilson won the SB throwing for 150 yards per game in some of those games. You think Wilson wins any SB's without the legion of boom?
the notion that any QB puts the team on their back and they can get it done on their own with any body is just plain silly...all QBs need to have talent around them, its what they can do and how much they product when they have that talent. Wilson is a great QB, but when he didn't have the right talent around him, he couldn't accomplish as much. once they got him a couple of WRs and stronger running game and actually traded a first round pick for LT, then the offense was lethal again. and to your point, their defense sucks so the team is having to win shoot outs and that's not a formula for success in the post season and it shows.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

instagram.com
Saved from instagram.com

****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** on Instagram: “Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Don’t say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls, because at that point you are…”
Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Dont say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls because at that point you are comparing Bill Belichick to Jason Garrett! Im comparing Facts vs Opinions! Tom Brady dinked and dunked down the field just like Dak and if you add in the 18 rushing TDs Dak Prescott got within his first 3 years the numbers would favor Dak even more. Thats another story for another day...

good points...I wonder how many superbowls Brady would have won/been to with Garrett..... probably not 8........and I have asked that question from some of the resident pundits and they refuse to answer.

disclaimer: I am not comparing Dak to Brady. brady is the goat. this was a compare garrett to bilicheck post. Now I can't get accused that I am comparing Brady to Dak because I mentioned both names in a post.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
good points...I wonder how many superbowls Brady would have won/been to with Garrett..... probably not 8........and I have asked that question from some of the resident pundits and they refuse to answer.

disclaimer: I am not comparing Dak to Brady. brady is the goat. this was a compare garrett to bilicheck post. Now I can't get accused that I am comparing Brady to Dak because I mentioned both names in a post.

As usual, all these guys can do is point to more team success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the notion that any QB puts the team on their back and they can get it done on their own with any body is just plain silly...all QBs need to have talent around them, its what they can do and how much they product when they have that talent. Wilson is a great QB, but when he didn't have the right talent around him, he couldn't accomplish as much. once they got him a couple of WRs and stronger running game and actually traded a first round pick for LT, then the offense was lethal again. and to your point, their defense sucks so the team is having to win shoot outs and that's not a formula for success in the post season and it shows.

Its very clear that there are some fans that understand football and QB play and some that dont.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Typical PFF thread. :muttley:

PFF sucks when a poster disagrees with them. Otherwise, they nailed it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Its very clear that there are some fans that understand football and QB play and some that dont.

Some get caught up in their desire to be "right" to the point they'll take silly positions in order to avoid acknowledging the possibility they may have been wrong.

Gotta love the internet. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some get caught up in their desire to be "right" to the point they'll take silly positions in order to avoid acknowledging the possibility they may have been wrong.

Gotta love the internet. :muttley:

This place is the poster child for posters not willing to admit they were wrong. Dak has proven to be much better than any of them said he would be and they have a hard time dealing with it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

instagram.com
Saved from instagram.com

https://www.pinterest.com/lawnation/

Interesting you only advertise the first 3 years to compare the 2 players (especially seeing as how in 2000 Brady only played in 1 game). Let's look at the first 69 games of their careers (excluding 2000 for Brady seeing as how he only threw 3 passes):

Dak Prescott

42 Wins 27 Losses 1,514 Completions 2,293 Attempts 66% Comp % 17,634 Yards 7.7 YPA 106 TD's 40 INT's

Playoff Record 1 Win 2 Losses 0 NFC Championship Games 0 Super Bowls

Tom Brady

52 Wins 17 Losses 1,399 Completions 2,264 Attempts 61.8% Comp % 15,939 Yards 7.04 YPA 109 TD's 56 INT's

Playoff Record 10 Wins 1 Loss 3 AFC Championship Games 3 Super Bowls (all wins)

So you can say all you want about Dak's passing stats and attempt to say it was Belichek vs. Garrett in terms of playoffs but the fact is it came down to the QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why aren't you a coach somewhere?

All I ever see is how everyone that doesn't share your opinion just don't understand football or the QB position. You'd think somebody with you're knowledge of the game would've been picked up by a team by now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

No one wins any games or throws for any yards without their team behind them