News: Dak ranked 50

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Here are the comparisons with Tom Brady and the statistics:

instagram.com
Saved from instagram.com

****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** on Instagram: “Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Don’t say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls, because at that point you are…”
Dak Prescott first 3 years compared to Tom Brady first 4 years! Dont say well Tom Brady got Super Bowls because at that point you are comparing Bill Belichick to Jason Garrett! Im comparing Facts vs Opinions! Tom Brady dinked and dunked down the field just like Dak and if you add in the 18 rushing TDs Dak Prescott got within his first 3 years the numbers would favor Dak even more. Thats another story for another day...

If you were only to discuss stats, we could do that. But you bought up how many times he went to the playoffs. You brought up his playoff win and then proclaimed him amongst the best ever. If you want to stick to those guns then my point stands. If you want to move the goalposts then at least announce it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If you were only to discuss stats, we could do that. But you bought up how many times he went to the playoffs. You brought up his playoff win and then proclaimed him amongst the best ever. If you want to stick to those guns then my point stands. If you want to move the goalposts then at least announce it.
dak is a champ when it comes to stats, that is why some call him stats prescott lol.
Dak tends to not have the stats in big moments, and it isnt all his fault, bad coaching is a part of it.
Brady tends to be cool and shine in the big moments, but he has had better coaches.

I think brady handles pressure better than any of the other qb's and that is why he wins so much.
I have seen dak and others play poorly in moments of big pressure.

Stats are flawed, so mean little to me, and it is hard to fairly compare qb's since they are on different teams .

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
dak is a champ when it comes to stats, that is why some call him stats prescott lol.
Dak tends to not have the stats in big moments, and it isnt all his fault, bad coaching is a part of it.
Brady tends to be cool and shine in the big moments, but he has had better coaches.

I think brady handles pressure better than any of the other qb's and that is why he wins so much.

Stats are flawed, so mean little to me, and it is hard to fairly compare qb's since they are on different teams .

I think Dak deserves the praise he gets. He’s played much better than can be expected, whether a 4th round QB, a projected backup, an injury replacement, or just the guy who has to deal with Jerry Jones.

But when claims are made that he’s already amongst the greatest ever, that’s when the roll is slowed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

He's not a champ when it comes to stats though.

He's Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr level.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
More than a little absurd. Top 10 maybe, but 50 is asinine.
it is players not qb's lol.
many players above him are on defense.

also some are gonna have doubts on dak being the same as last season.
He did break his ankle, and hasnt played in good while. It will be almost a year since he played a real game.
hard to just be the same right away.
I think it will take him 3-4 games just to feel normal out there and get in a groove.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

He did break his ankle, and hasn't played in good while. It will be almost a year since he played a real game.
I think it will take him 3-4 games just to feel normal out there and get in a groove.

I think it's easy to assume that Dak will return as the same 'ol Dak, but it's very possible it may take a few games to get back to normal like you said.
And of course you're right about the QBs vs players thing, it was an easy mistake to make.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting you only advertise the first 3 years to compare the 2 players (especially seeing as how in 2000 Brady only played in 1 game). Let's look at the first 69 games of their careers (excluding 2000 for Brady seeing as how he only threw 3 passes):

Dak Prescott

42 Wins 27 Losses 1,514 Completions 2,293 Attempts 66% Comp % 17,634 Yards 7.7 YPA 106 TD's 40 INT's

Playoff Record 1 Win 2 Losses 0 NFC Championship Games 0 Super Bowls

Tom Brady

52 Wins 17 Losses 1,399 Completions 2,264 Attempts 61.8% Comp % 15,939 Yards 7.04 YPA 109 TD's 56 INT's

Playoff Record 10 Wins 1 Loss 3 AFC Championship Games 3 Super Bowls (all wins)

So you can say all you want about Dak's passing stats and attempt to say it was Belichek vs. Garrett in terms of playoffs but the fact is it came down to the QB.

I didnt write the article. LOL

That was someone else that highlighted the first 3 or 4 years.

If you want to argue that the Pats were a much better football team than the Cowboys in Dak's first 4 years, no argument here. They had Belli, they had a better defense, special teams............I completely agree.

QB stats and QB play were very comparable. Brady wins ZERO championships here in Dallas with Garrett as coach and our defense. ZERO!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

WE can do regular season wins too if you like? Dak was 2nd ONLY to Brady in wins his first 3 years in the NFL. You want to compare teams, Brady had the better team and better coaching. Dak also lead the NFL in last drive wins his first 3 years in the NFL.

All of them accolades that seem to make you quack in your boots with anger. LOL

This is YOUR Cowboys QB we are talking about. Only a troll would hate the fact that Dak is so good. You are a Cowboys fan correct?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why aren't you a coach somewhere?

All I ever see is how everyone that doesn't share your opinion just don't understand football or the QB position. You'd think somebody with you're knowledge of the game would've been picked up by a team by now.

Why arent you an Eagles fan? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Did you hate Romo too?

Listen, for fans like you that cant tell the good players on the bad teams, there are things called "statistics". :thumbup:

QBR is usually a good reference point for QB's.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He did break his ankle, and hasnt played in good while. It will be almost a year since he played a real game.
I never thought it was quarterbacks, I missed that one if someone else did

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think Dak deserves the praise he gets. He’s played much better than can be expected, whether a 4th round QB, a projected backup, an injury replacement, or just the guy who has to deal with Jerry Jones.

But when claims are made that he’s already amongst the greatest ever, that’s when the roll is slowed.
I like Dak as cowboys QB, given there are no other viable options that make the team better...but even I hold back to compare him to all time best and greatest ever...he is not there...yet.....