Dak Ranked 9 on Chris Simms QB Big Board

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So the criteria for #7 is to never have a down game? The guy had 4,790 total yards and 37 total TDs. Maybe Chris Simms is ranking him based on the entirety of the 2020 season and not one of his lesser productive games. If you can even call it that. He had 3 TDs in a halftime blowout.
Big deal.

Dak has had the most 400+ yard passing games since 2016 (7) with 3 of them happening last year in 2020 within the first 4.5 games before injury where Dak passed for 450 against Atlanta, 472 the following week against Seattle and 502 yards the week after against Cleveland. Those are 3 back-to-back-to-back 450+ yarders 3 games in a row in the same season!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/gamelog/2020/

I bet Midget Murray (or most any other QB) will never achieve that during his career. Ever.

Based on this historical feat, there is no way Midget Murray should ever be placed above or equal to Dak. Period.

PS: Dak definitely is today a Top 5 QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Big deal.

Dak has had the most 400+ yard passing games since 2016 (7) with 3 of them happening last year in 2020 within the first 4.5 games before injury where Dak passed for 450 against Atlanta, 472 the following week against Seattle and 502 yards the week after against Cleveland. Those are 3 back-to-back-to-back 450+ yarders 3 games in a row in the same season!

I bet Midget Murray (or most any other QB) will never achieve that during his career. Ever.

Based on this historical feat, there is no way Midget Murray should ever be placed above or equal to Dak. Period.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Meh Brady should be ranked #1 on any list for at least 2 years after he retires. The man plays in the superbowl every freaking year.
It's not like Brady had a bad year either. He threw for 4,600 yards, 40 TDs, and 12 INTS. He even had 3 rushing TDS! lol

If Dak put up the same numbers Brady did last year it would be his best season so far. I think we'd all be happy with that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not like Brady had a bad year either. He threw for 4,600 yards, 40 TDs, and 12 INTS. He even had 3 rushing TDS! lol

If Dak put up the same numbers Brady did last year it would be his best season so far. I think we'd all be happy with that.
Before Prescott got hurt. He was on pace to beat Peyton Manning’s old time passing record

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak was never going to keep that pace.

Russell Wilson had the most passing TDs EVER through 5 weeks last year. He ended the season with 40 TDs in a tie with Brady. Rodgers threw 46 TDs.
How do you know he couldn’t keep that pace. Even though. Whether he did or you didn’t. Shows he’s capable. I think Russell Wilson’s number to quarterback whole time. My list is Brady Wilson Rogers Mahomes Prescott

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How do you know he couldn’t keep that pace. Even though. Whether he did or you didn’t. Shows he’s capable. I think Russell Wilson’s number to quarterback whole time. My list is Brady Wilson Rogers Mahomes Prescott
How do you know he could? Nobody has ever kept a pace like that before, so why should I believe Dak, who is not known for being a prolific passer was going to be the one to do it?

blueblood70

Reaction score
He made some good points, overall a fair evaluation. I have Dak anywhere from 7-9 so makes sense to me.

i have him 6-10 and its debatable to where he falls in that range and most would be correct regardless of the spot..

after the last two seasons one failing hard the back end the other not starting well and ending in injury, id Say Dak has a lot to prove , he will have to shut up the doubters or end up feeding the trolls..

the money now made it worse so he will have to fully bounce back from injury and the team failures of late..time to put up or shut up..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
i have him 6-10 and its debatable to where he falls in that range and most would be correct regardless of the spot..

after the last two seasons one failing hard the back end the other not stating well and ending in injury, id Say Dak has a lot to prove , he will have to shut u the doubters or end up feeding the trolls..

the money now made it worse so he will have to fully bounce back from injury and the team failures of late..time to put up or shut up..
Not only does he need need to shut the doubters up, but he has to prove the praises correct.

It's going to be an exciting season, and I for one hope that he ends my doubts about him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not only does he need need to shut the doubters up, but he has to prove the praises correct.

It's going to be an exciting season, and I for one hope that he ends my doubts about him.

hes been hinging on is he top 5 or 5-10 for while now time for him to show where he truly belongs..

irishline

Reaction score
Big deal.

We were down by 19 points to Atlanta at halftime, 17 points to Cleveland at halftime (27 in the end of the 3rd), and 8 points to Seattle at halftime (which grew to 15 in the first minute of the 3rd quarter). Of course he threw for that many yards, we had to pass all 2nd half in an attempt to come back.

No I am not blaming Dak completely for that, I am just pointing out how much of a hole we were in each of those games. But the simple fact is had we taken care of business in the first half on both sides of the ball we wouldn't have had to pass an average of 54 times per game during that stretch. Again, great for Dak, and he did spark comebacks, but its a hollow stat for me. Just a reflection of poor play to start those games, by the team as a whole, to force that situation to begin with (I mean we lost two of those game by a touchdown or more).

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Im guessing he put Watson and Stafford above Dak.

I’m kind of glad the old QBs are starting retire. It’s good seeing new faces leading teams.
Never understood this mentality....change just for the sake of change regardless of results...