Dak Ranked 9 on Chris Simms QB Big Board

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Dak is slightly above the interchangeable QBs, at this moment. We'll see soon enough if more money really does make you better.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you use Zeke as a excuse for why we missed date playoffs in 2017 but you don't take his regression into account for maybe why the Cowboys have struggled the past few years?
I don't blame Zeke for Kellen Moore taking over in 2019 and wanting to be pass happy.

He still went for 1,300 in 2019 and finished 4th in the league. I also can't blame him for only getting TWO MORE carries in 2020 then he did in the year in which he was suspended 6 games.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I've always had him just outside the top 10 ranked QBs. Now that he has his money and coming off of a big injury, it's going to be downhill from here.

But you guys wanted him... :thumbdown:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'd just like to ask the people that always like to boast about Dak being on pace to do this or that regarding passing yards in 2020...

He was also on pace for 16 INTS which would have lead the NFL in 2020. Are you okay with that?

He was also on pace for 12 fumbles which ALSO would have led the NFL in 2020. Are you okay with that?

So, there's INTs and Fumbles, both things Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in and I don't ever see these things get brought up. I can't be the only one that finds that concerning.

Thoughts?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't blame Zeke for Kellen Moore taking over in 2019 and wanting to be pass happy.

He still went for 1,300 in 2019 and finished 4th in the league. I also can't blame him for only getting TWO MORE carries in 2020 then he did in the year in which he was suspended 6 games.
Yeah but you do understand that the reason why the Cowboys are passing is because they are getting down in games because the defense can't stop anyone and the offense is starting off slow?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd just like to ask the people that always like to boast about Dak being on pace to do this or that regarding passing yards in 2020...

He was also on pace for 16 INTS which would have lead the NFL in 2020. Are you okay with that?

He was also on pace for 12 fumbles which ALSO would have led the NFL in 2020. Are you okay with that?

So, there's INTs and Fumbles, both things Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in and I don't ever see these things get brought up. I can't be the only one that finds that concerning.

Thoughts?
What math are you doing to get to 16 interceptions if he had 4 interceptions through 5 games? You might want to re-do that math again.......then do that math again with the fumbles lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What math are you doing to get to 16 interceptions if he had 4 interceptions through 5 games? You might want to re-do that math again.......then do that math again with the fumbles lol.
I'm not giving him credit for Daltons win. His "projected stats" might be worst if he would've actually played the whole 2nd half against the Giants. He don't get a participation trophy for that one, sorry.

But, if you insist, I'll throw ya a bone and take 1 INT and 1 Fumble away. Now he's tied for the NFL lead in those categories. Which is still VERY concerning.

No matter how you try and spin it he was going to be at the top of the leader board in both INTS and fumbles. Does that not bother you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not giving him credit for Daltons win. His "projected stats" might be worst if he would've actually played the whole 2nd half against the Giants. He don't get a participation trophy for that one, sorry.

But, if you insist, I'll throw ya a bone and take 1 INT and 1 Fumble away. Now he's tied for the NFL lead in those categories. Which is still VERY concerning.

No matter how you try and spin it he was going to be at the top of the leader board in both INTS and fumbles. Does that not bother you?
actually according to NFL rules...not mine. yours doesn't count. the Giants win goes to Dak, given he had a lead. and handed it off to dalton who proceeded to LOSE the lead and then make comeback...

sorry, NFL rules are what they are....I don't make them. they do....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
actually according to NFL rules...not mine. yours doesn't count. the Giants win goes to Dak, given he had a lead. and handed it off to dalton who proceeded to LOSE the lead and then make comeback...

sorry, NFL rules are what they are....I don't make them. they do....
I know the rules, but if you don't finish the game and you miss such a huge, important chuck of it, I'm not counting it.

The NFL rules aren't my rules. You can count it if you want.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I'm not spinning anything I'm just telling you that your math is off.

You're giving Dalton the win even though he had 0 touchdowns? Weird.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not spinning anything I'm just telling you that your math is off.

You're giving Dalton the win even though he had 0 touchdowns? Weird.
Of course, somebody had to take over and get the job done after Dak was carted off the field.

You didn't answer my question. Does it not bother you that Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in turnovers easily?

USArmyVet

Reaction score

He played roughly 4.5 games in the 2020 season having thrown 4 INT's which when doing the math 4 X 3.56 (16 game season divided by 4.5) brings his total projected 2020 INT total to 14.24 INT's, a number which would have represented Dak's highest per season career total.

As for fumbles, Dak had 3 fumbles through 4.5 games so using the same referenced formula as above, Dak would have accounted for a total of 10.68 fumbles....another career high.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course, somebody had to take over and get the job done after Dak was carted off the field.

You didn't answer my question. Does it not bother you that Dak was "on pace" to lead the NFL in turnovers easily?
I haven't answered it because you're math is off.

IF you want me to answer your hypothetical question then no I wouldn't have had a issue if we would've made the playoffs. If we would've missed the playoffs then yes I'd have a issue with 16 interceptions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He played roughly 4.5 games in the 2020 season having thrown 4 INT's which when doing the math 4 X 3.56 (16 game season divided by 4.5) brings his total projected 2020 INT total to 14.24 INT's, a number which would have represented Dak's highest per season career total.

As for fumbles, Dak had 3 fumbles through 4.5 games so using the same referenced formula as above, Dak would have accounted for a total of 10.68 fumbles....another career high.

There's not much thing as half a game. Either you play in a game or you don't. He played in 5 games.

Brady had 12 interceptions so if you win the Super Bowl and have 14 interceptions I could careless.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I haven't answered it because you're math is off.

IF you want me to answer your hypothetical question then no I wouldn't have had a issue if we would've made the playoffs. If we would've missed the playoffs then yes I'd have a issue with 16 interceptions.
All I wanted was an honest answer.

And you're right, the math wasn't off per say, but I should've went with 4.5 games instead of 4. Even then he still was "on pace" to lead the NFL in combined INTS and fumbles. Which I find very concerning playoffs or not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There's not much thing as half a game. Either you play in a game or you don't. He played in 5 games.

Brady had 12 interceptions so if you win the Super Bowl and have 14 interceptions I could careless.
He played IN 5 games, but he most certainly did not play 5 games. The NFL stats might say he did, but I also watched Dalton win the game and play the majority of the 2nd half.