Dak Ranked 9 on Chris Simms QB Big Board

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This guy is ranked here, that guy is ranked there - meaningless offseason noise.

The Cowboys have done NOTHING the last 25 years. Pick your scapegoat - I know you will - but the cause wears a fancy suit and sits in a big office.

Win a trophy. That's the answer to this useless jibber jabber. No one player can do that. It takes a team, if the FO can actually build one.
When you order a drink at the bar do you tell the bartender just make it half full? :D

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do you know he could? Nobody has ever kept a pace like that before, so why should I believe Dak, who is not known for being a prolific passer was going to be the one to do it?

It's funny how someone posted, he was on pace to do something. You refute his statement. But become argumentative. He never said, "He would break the record " Just on pace; why argue that point?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's funny how someone posted, he was on pace to do something. You refute his statement. But become argumentative. He never said, "He would break the record " Just on pace; why argue that point?
Because 2020 Dak has become this "mythical creature" now. He got hurt while "on pace" to throw for 6,000 yards. He was never going to do it. He would have never even come close, but because of the injury very early into the season people use his "on pace" through 4 weeks to somehow justify him being a top of the echelon QB.

Nobody ever says he was on pace for 16 INTS and 12 Fumbles. Both career highs (fumbles would tie his career high).
Nobody ever says the team with him playing was on pace for a 4-12 record.

Do I believe those other two things he was "on pace" for was going to happen? No, I don't. The same way I don't believe he was ever going to sniff any kind of passing yards record.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah I mean these guys are arguing for guys like Burrow and Murray which I don’t get…..but if anyone wants to argue Watson is better….I’d have no issue with it. It’s debatable. Truthfully it’s debatable from about 5-9 but these idiots want you to believe he’s worse than Matt Stafford? Yikes….
If the league had a quarterback draft from best team to worst team last year, Dak would not go top ten.

Not a chance.

And Stafford is in a different class than an extremely limited passerr like Dak.

You just don't understand the game at all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If the league had a quarterback draft from best team to worst team last year, Dak would not go top ten.

Not a chance.

And Stafford is in a different class than an extremely limited passerr like Dak.

I believe Dak would go top 10 simply based off age.

If everyone was magically restored back to 22 years old then I agree 100%. Dak would not be chosen top 10.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Not a chance.

You don't understand the game at all and clearly get caught up on "measurables". If you watched Stafford play you'd know he himself has accuracy issues....but "he throws a pretty spiral" so you could care less. He's not a winner. A perennial loser.

I could care less when he'd go in a redraft....this is the same NFL that thought he was a 4th round pick....the same one that thought Romo was a undrafted rookie.....the same one that thought Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were good QB's..

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
The mechanics issues the Simms called out were the issues i saw a lot of coming into last season. If Dak has tightened up his delivery his throws will be more on time

NotForLong

Reaction score
I can come up with 2 reasons to defend it:
2. Drew Brees. Drew Brees has more 5000 yard seasons than any QB ever. Does that mean Drew is better than any QB ever? Not really. Does it even mean he was the best QB of his generation? Is Drew greater than Brady because he threw a lot of yards? Is Drew greater than Manning? Than Rodgers? Will he even be remembered as greatly as Favre? Roethlisberger? Maybe at least as much as those two, but maybe not even.

But why is that? Because Drew made 2 NFCCGs his entire career. And in a few of those 5000 yard seasons, the Saints went 7-9. Winning means more than empty stats. That’s a loaded term here, maybe there’s a better one. Losing stats. Or maybe padded stats. Sometimes it’s not always the QB’s fault they lose the games.(Excises believe me I've heard them all but now no one else to blame) Sometimes losing is the reason they’re able to put up so many yards. Lots of different contexts there. And last year Dak was prolific, but for what he’s been previously he wasn’t very proficient. Tell any QB to throw more and they’re going to put up more yards. Yet Dak was on pace to throw the most picks of his career, quadruple his interception total from his rookie year. Because of the sacks he was taking due to all those drop backs, his average net yards per attempt were down from his rookie year too.

Now absolutely you could say Dak was asked to do things that weren’t a comfortable place for him. (He wasn't asked He demanded it, in order to get His big Payday) His rookie year Zeke was running wild, so Dak was more free to make better decisions with the ball. (Aka Busdriver) Any time you overload the workload, efficiency may dip. On top of that, the team’s failings shouldn’t be considered Dak’s failings.(Why Not?) Maybe Dak has a better season than Kyler if he plays 16 games, but you can’t reward someone for something they didn’t end up doing.

You explained Dark to a T . . . to sum it up Dak gets all His yards when the team is down . . . last year His turnover Fest put pressure on the team and gave big leads to the opposition . . . thus opening the Door for Dak to shine with his garbage yards and the record shows it.

Dak is a bus driver and when he is showcased the team loses. . . the team is down double digits and then we cant even establish the run.

Best bis driver in the league and he could win you a championship instead He has become a prima Donna masquerading as A QB that slings the ball

CWR

Reaction score
Because 2020 Dak has become this "mythical creature" now. He got hurt while "on pace" to throw for 6,000 yards. He was never going to do it. He would have never even come close, but because of the injury very early into the season people use his "on pace" through 4 weeks to somehow justify him being a top of the echelon QB.

Nobody ever says he was on pace for 16 INTS and 12 Fumbles. Both career highs (fumbles would tie his career high).
Nobody ever says the team with him playing was on pace for a 4-12 record.

Do I believe those other two things he was "on pace" for was going to happen? No, I don't. The same way I don't believe he was ever going to sniff any kind of passing yards record.

He was absolutely going to "sniff" the record book. That doesn't necessarily mean we were looking at a successful season or that the turnovers would stop.

The recipe was there though. A putrid defense playing catch up and an ineffective run game. Dak would have challenged yardage records. It doesn't mean he was set to have a winning season, but you can't deny the recipe.

Qcard

Reaction score
You don't understand the game at all and clearly get caught up on "measurables". If you watched Stafford play you'd know he himself has accuracy issues....but "he throws a pretty spiral" so you could care less. He's not a winner. A perennial loser.

I could care less when he'd go in a redraft....this is the same NFL that thought he was a 4th round pick....the same one that thought Romo was a undrafted rookie.....the same one that thought Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were good QB's..
:hammer:

Dak Haters have no Morals..........they will move the Goal Post.

If the draft was Worst Team to Best Team, they'd say Dak needs a everything around him to be ALL PRO!!:lmao2:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You explained Dark to a T . . . to sum it up Dak gets all His yards when the team is down . . . last year His turnover Fest put pressure on the team and gave big leads to the opposition . . . thus opening the Door for Dak to shine with his garbage yards and the record shows it.

Dak is a bus driver and when he is showcased the team loses. . . the team is down double digits and then we cant even establish the run.

Best bis driver in the league and he could win you a championship instead He has become a prima Donna masquerading as A QB that slings the ball
I agree.

2016-2018 game manager Dak is 32-16 and can 100% win you a championship.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So when the team is down what should Dak do? Just check down and hand the ball off?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He was 9-7 in 2017 as a "game manager" right?
Zeke was suspended 6 games. It's hard to be the bus driver when your engine is out of commission.

We finish much better and make the payoffs in 2017 if Zeke isn't suspended those 6 games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke was suspended 6 games. It's hard to be the bus driver when your engine is out of commission.

We finish much better and make the payoffs in 2017 if Zeke isn't suspended those 6 games.
So you use Zeke as a excuse for why we missed date playoffs in 2017 but you don't take his regression into account for maybe why the Cowboys have struggled the past few years?