Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I don’t like it but I’m not the coach and they been right so far. It I’d rather have the best player/talent at LT. I don’t want to see an reenactment of Chaz Green

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If this works out, Steele needs to send a Christmas present to Philbin every year for the rest of his life. It was Steele's heart and character, but Philbin was the knife sharpener.

I don't think Tyron is going to last much longer. Big guy is walking around with too many life changing injuries. It was nice having a HOFer at LT for all these years, I hope we have a long-term replacement plan.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't think Tyron is going to last much longer. Big guy is walking around with too many life changing injuries. It was nice having a HOFer at LT for all these years, I hope we have a long-term replacement plan.
I think he'll try to play at least next season, his health and performance where great this season until Pollard crashed into his ankle (more of a fluke than anything).

That being said he's started 145 games (regular plus playoff) which is like top 2% of games players for all players drafted. That's a ton of wear n tear

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If this works out, Steele needs to send a Christmas present to Philbin every year for the rest of his life. It was Steele's heart and character, but Philbin was the knife sharpener.

80% Tyron is still top 10 OL.

Tyron right now is the BEST OT in the game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
80% Tyron is still top 10 OL.

Tyron right now is the BEST OT in the game.

I agree, not saying he's not playing well. I just think a player, especially a guy that big naturally, comes to a point (especially if he's already won it all and made his millions) where he has to ask if it's worth it anymore and I feel that coming with Tyron soon. Everyone knows how good he is but I still think he'll retire and be one of those players "we didn't appreciate what we had."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for McCarthys plan to keep opponent guessing.

Not the same as to who is playing QB. :laugh:

Defenses aren’t going to be changed according to who plays where on the OL. Maybe they may flip a pass rusher to the other side more often. But it is not like they will change the entire defense.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not the same as to who is playing QB. :laugh:

Defenses aren’t going to be changed according to who plays where on the OL. Maybe they may flip a pass rusher to the other side more often. But it is not like they will change the entire defense.

I honestly think you can't afford to be secretive with this unit. You have to get them all in their spots and plenty of reps or we won't be guessing next time with Dak, it will be a foregone conclusion he's out of commission. LOL

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Both Steele and Collins played LT in college. Collins started off at RT and move the LT. Steele has been a LT until playing RT for the Cowboys. I think it will pay off long term. Tyron Smith may be in his last season so lets see if there is Steel in Steele.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why not just put Collins at LT?

I suspect the plan was always to have Collins be the eventual starter at RT, and they were just easing him in after a long layoff.

The other issue - it's probably been a *very* long time since Collins had any LT snaps, while Steele was in training to be the swing T and trained both sides.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So does that mean Steele goes back to the bench in a few weeks when smith is healthy?

I think so. They'd stick with Steele at RT if they intended him to start there long term. They'd probably play Nsheke over Collins at LT. Collins hasn't played LT in a long time.