Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I personally wouldn’t move Steele but I understand the thought process and trust philbin

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The future is already set. The coaches want Collins starting at his RT position. When Tyron returns who do you think they'll bench? So now they can bench Steele without anyone creating a fuss about it. Especially if Collins comes in and plays up to his potential.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
well, coaches know best. I thought Collins said he was a natural at LT...and steele is just settled in at RT, so why disrupt him....not sure if that's a good idea.
Not a MM fan but players gotta know the plays. Steele was swing tackle.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The schedule broke perfectly to make this move vs. Denver(w/out Von) and Atlanta and not facd any dangerous EDGE rushers. Hopefully Tyron can return for Thanksgiving vs Las Vegas where the competition rams up considerably at EDGE.

This is a big 2 weeks for Mr Steele to cement his worth as the team makes plans for 2022.

J-man

Reaction score
First I'll say that I bet big Mike is a little ticked that Dak let the cat out of the bag.

And although I understand it, I don't necessarily agree with it. Their reasoning is that LC didn't have any LT reps in tc, but Steele split reps on both sides all through tc. Ok fine, makes sense.

But, Steele has been the RT for the last 6 games and is already comfortable there. And I would assume he hasn't taken any LT reps during that time period. Plus, I think LC is the overall better player who has actual game experience at LT (college) and would be a better "fit" along side CWill. He's also just come back from a long layoff and could very easily be susceptible to an injury. If he gets hurt during this game, I would think they move Steele back to the right and play Nhseke on the left.
Seems like a lot of moving pieces for not a very good reason to me.

But hey I'm no expert, let them do what they get paid to do and I'll sit on my couch and watch the results.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dont think i am only one but Collins played LT in college and had to relearn how to play RT.....he is natural at left tackle....i know coaches know more than us but dont understand why Collins is not playing LT?
That would be too logical !! lol. And Dak announcing it isnt logical either, guess he is now coach Dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of moving pieces for not a very good reason to me.

But hey I'm no expert, let them do what they get paid to do and I'll sit on my couch and watch the results.
lol cowboys always do odd things and I always question them, but all any of us can do is wait and see how it goes.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why not just put Collins at LT?
Because Collins is the starting RT and Steele is the Swing Tackle that backs up both of our starters and who has worked out at both spots since he has been here. Plus Collins looks like he gained a few during his suspension and is coming off not playing for a while and maybe a little rusty/slow so better to put him where he is comfortable. Now if Steele outplays him when they are both in the lineup we may see something different when Smith comes back (and then gets hurt again)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
possible as a Joe realist LOL we wont them all maybe he predicts a let down..

might rather have wake up call now to smack them in the face and refocus..best to do it against an afc team..
You're definitely right - we won't coast through the season without stumbling a time or two along the way. I think the next stumble is much more likely against KC though. KC isn't playing that well, but there are still weapons to be wary of..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shocking so many zoners think they know more than the coaching staff.

Scotman

Reaction score
Very interesting.

If Steele can actually play at a decent level at LT too, this is a major find for the Cowboys. He's already a steal, but playing LT as well makes him crazy valuable for us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think with the LT spot being Dak's blindside has a lot to do with it. Collins hasn't played in a while. Steele has had reps at LT from last year and training camp this year. I would much rather have Steele who is not coming in cold covering the left side. We don't know yet which Collins is going to show up on Sunday.
I'm concerned about Dak's blindside as well. I don't mind Collins at RT and Steele at LT as much as I'd just rest Dak another week's rest and allow Cooper Rush to get more experience and build more confidence. If we ever need Rush in the playoffs I want him to be able to deliver.